NFL

Panthers rescind Josh Norman,s franchise tag.Panthers offered 14 million but he had to have 16 million.I guess being on a SB contending team isnt worth 2 million a year.I think his abilities will be exposed on another team that plays a different defense...

He says the Redskins are a playoff team without him and Super Bowl contender with him. Ummmm..... we'll see about that. Washington has the look of a hot mess ready to explode all kinds of ugly.

As for Carolina. They will be way better without him. Got WRs to move the chains now and I bet they draft RB Henry at the end of the first round.
Alexander,CB out of Clemson.Has the attitude with talent to back it up..I think Artis-Payne will be a sufficient #2 backup at RB..

Norman is in his fifth year.He is very good playing in a zone defense but lacks the speed to be a high dollar shutdown corner..

This is the right call for Carolina. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade with the Browns for Joe Haden. Or another team for a similar player. They can always just draft another guy. What they have on the roster now ain't that bad. Not for their style. They do a very good job bringing in players that fit their system. A lot like New England. They have a nitch. You either fit or you don't.

Agree. But if you take Henry, he is your starter. With him and Cam in the backfield, the defense is going to be trying to run two directions at once.
Henry would be a nice option to have,but short of getting a starting CB through free agency or trade,that option went away with Norman,s departure...

Norman is in his fifth year.He is very good playing in a zone defense but lacks the speed to be a high dollar shutdown corner..
In the words od Buddy Ryan, "You may have a OC that tells the QB not to through a certain person's way, but there's no such thing as a shutdown corner. That's horse dookie".....LOL

Exactly. A late round pick playing in the perfect situation just got paid a ridiculous sum of money that he could have never made any other way. If lightning strikes, be grateful. Most never get this chance. He got what the market would bear, full well knowing he wasn't worth it.

As for Carolina. They will be way better without him. Got WRs to move the chains now and I bet they draft RB Henry at the end of the first round. The defense will be playing with a lead. And they can get.

Bottom line. 16 million for one guy that isn't what makes your team go is absurd. This is Cam's team. It goes where he goes.
50 mil gauranteed ain't to shabby with the Skins IMO...

Agree. But if you take Henry, he is your starter. With him and Cam in the backfield, the defense is going to be trying to run two directions at once.
That is a scary combination in the backfield. But I don't want Henry to go to Carolina. I'm a huge fan of his, but not one of Carolina's.
:hide:

LOL,when you hear other fans say,"im not a fan of Carolina",is when you're a good team.You never hear anyone say that about the Tennessee,s and Cleveland,s of the NFL.
If I'm not a fan, I'm not a fan. I don't give a ::shit:: if you are any good or not. I don't have anything against Carolina, I'm just not a fan. A fan of some of their players, yes. A fan of their team, no.
If it's a crime to NOT jump on their bandwagon since they are winning, go ahead and put me in 'cuffs.

Skins dont have the d-line Carolina has.They also dont have the LB coverage,like the Panthers..I hope Norman does good with the Skins but his exposure will be much more of a threat,without the supporting cast he had in Carolina..
You build a house, one board at a time my freind....

That is a scary combination in the backfield. But I don't want Henry to go to Carolina. I'm a huge fan of his, but not one of Carolina's.
:hide:
I'm a fan of Carolina, just not Cam.. True, he has a lead a team to a superbowl. But does he have the guts to go back. Kelly wa there 4 times and never won, but had the guts to go back. I just question his heart...

A million dollar mansion loses it,s appeal,when it dont have a toilet..
True Panther fans are not the one,s questioning Newton.
Of course not, and neither is management.. Sports is a pastime, something families do for activity. That's why they are fans(fanatics).. It makes no difference to me if there was or was not the NFL, but the Cam's of that world would have to get a real job. I just hope it never folds, because you think the US is bad now, think about those players having to have a real job...LOL

So they went with an anchor DT and two huge corners that could be confused for safeties in the draft. Thinking Carolina will be just fine. We'll see how KB runs in camp and if Funchess has grown up any in the off season. They could actually be a better team this year than last.