NHL lockout is over; players, owners reach tentative CBA deal after 16-hour talks

kevin653

TB Lurker
Credits
It took 16 hours of talks in New York on Saturday, with concessions from both sides. It took 113 days. A total of 625 regular-season games were sacrificed, or over half the 2012-13 season. It took months of bitter sniping, petty politics, false hope and broken hearts.
But at around 5 a.m. on Jan. 6, the word finally spread around the hockey world: The NHL and the NHLPA had reached a verbal agreement on a tentative framework for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Drop the puck. The NHL will be finally back, with a 10-year CBA solidified between union chief Donald Fehr and Commissioner Gary Bettman. As Fehr said, via Sportsnet: "Any process like this is difficult; it can be long...we have the framework of a deal."
Rich Chere of the Newark Star-Ledger reports some details:

NHL lockout is over; players, owners reach tentative CBA deal after 16-hour talks | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

Well it's good to hear that another professional sport is back in business. I hope that the players and management all managed to get huge pay increases so that they can double the ticket prices for us working stiffs, in an attempt to try to afford the new contracts. With every contract negotiation, their pay goes up. And since I couldn't afford to take my family to any games last season........the higher ticket prices should work out just great for me. Cheap Busch light beer in twelve once cans, and my wife making the popcorn works just fine I guess. But, either way........I won't be watching any Hockey.

Well it's good to hear that another professional sport is back in business. I hope that the players and management all managed to get huge pay increases so that they can double the ticket prices for us working stiffs, in an attempt to try to afford the new contracts. With every contract negotiation, their pay goes up. And since I couldn't afford to take my family to any games last season........the higher ticket prices should work out just great for me. Cheap Busch light beer in twelve once cans, and my wife making the popcorn works just fine I guess. But, either way........I won't be watching any Hockey.

My job takes me to Canada. With this news, tomorrow might be declared a national holiday in Canada lol.