NHTSA seeks advisers on truck rear-impact guards

:hyper:
Part 46. How many millions is Butteig spending on this committee? An easier fix might be installing technology on all cell phones, so they won’t work while driving over 10 mph. And install speed cameras everywhere. You can’t get anyone’s attention, until you get into their pocketbook.

Part 46. How many millions is Butteig spending on this committee? An easier fix might be installing technology on all cell phones, so they won’t work while driving over 10 mph. And install speed cameras everywhere. You can’t get anyone’s attention, until you get into their pocketbook.
Unfortunately, we the capable have to protect the uncapable.
The hardest thing to do is protect people from themselves. For thousands of years if ya did something dumb and paid the price it was your fault for being stupid. Now anyone or anything even remotely attached to said act of stupidity is the cause and must be "held responsible".

Rear impact... HAHAHAHAHA such a waste of everyone's time.

We call those decapitation bars. Anyone stupid enough to ram a 18 wheeler from that direction gets their heads chopped and a engine block in their lap and thats that.

Ive had two of those. Ive witnesed about a dozen. ONLY ONE escaped alive when my number one swerved to the right just far enough for that younger drunkard to slam the left side tandem tires rather than that bar head on at 110. It turned his ford taurus into a waist high pile and the last I saw of him was staggering off the freeway towards the San Antonio Sams Club Distribution across the field saying Im sorry im sorry. They let him go.

The rest of them? Dead. Hose off the mess.

Additional gaurds aint gonna help. Such a waste. After the first dozen smashes, I learned not to peek into the piles of metal. Unless I hear screaming and cussing. Particularly babies in car seats or children who want out from the back seat.

There are times it takes a bit of whiskey and a few days in a hotel to get that out of the system.

The laws on 'Underide Bumpers' has been changed several times at the cost of millions to trucking companies. Once they were designed to breakaway & absorb the impact, then under the Joan Claybrook regime that was changed again. They have been raised, lowered, strengthened, made weaker to break the speed of the distracted/impaired driver. I wonder what Buttpeg wants to do now. I suspect a campaign donor just happened to find a way to profit from the change, perhaps will supply the underide bumpers. On second thought he probably wants to put airbags on the trailers.

The laws on 'Underide Bumpers' has been changed several times at the cost of millions to trucking companies. Once they were designed to breakaway & absorb the impact, then under the Joan Claybrook regime that was changed again. They have been raised, lowered, strengthened, made weaker to break the speed of the distracted/impaired driver. I wonder what Buttpeg wants to do now. I suspect a campaign donor just happened to find a way to profit from the change, perhaps will supply the underide bumpers. On second thought he probably wants to put airbags on the trailers.
I am hearing the FMCSA is looking at the development of a removable, bumper for trailers that looks like an 8ft X 4ft boxing glove, to cushion the impact on 4 wheelers?

I am hearing the FMCSA is looking at the development of a removable, bumper for trailers that looks like an 8ft X 4ft boxing glove, to cushion the impact on 4 wheelers?
Whatever Buttpeg decides will add millions to the cost of trailers. What the half baked 'government control our lives zealots' don't realize, is the cost will be passed on to the consumer in added shipping costs. All of this because some celebrities crashed into a trailer while them or their drivers were impaired.
You can take it to the bank that some Democratic party donors will enrich themselves as a result of whatever law is passed.

The problem I think rests with the Federal Agencies concerned with Trucking Industry entirely.

NO one in the top "In Charge" of anything that high up in the ivory tower ever held a CDL or touched a 18 wheeler etc or any other big stuff involved in keeping America fed, fueled and medicated.

So whatever bright ideas come up only illuminates them for further ridicule and discrediting. Goes back a hundred some years. We started trucking in war back then and invented it at home after it. (World War One) and the Agencies try to come up with some diddling ****all ideas.

No wonder we are so effed up. Deregulated my ass.