Nice people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Aug 15, 2017.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Well, that says a lot ..... Actually that's the best answer I've gotten yet on this....
    I realize that Companies can restrict speech......but here is something of interest to consider about such restrictions..It's called "Symbolic speech" and it is protected by the 1st amendment....In essence, what that means is that you have the right to NOT speak...a right to silence...

So as an example, a private employer could require you to stand for the anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance, but such a requirement may be in violation of the Civil Rights Act....like in schools, where there have been some cases of students being singled out for sitting or kneeling for the National anthem, it would be hard to provide justification for punishment....

What Kaepernick did was a silent act of political speech, a protected type of speech.. It was not disruptive because it was silent and in addition to that, it is supported by court cases that have decided there is no requirement to salute the flag...... So had he been fired for what he did, then the NFL might be guilty of violating his right of "free speech"..... But that wasn't the case....and as far as getting signed on by other teams....well, they can contract with whomever they want....so long as its within the law....

Good answer Bubba74....

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

And Black Lies Matter, The Black Panthers, and Antifa.
    That I can agree with.
    They are all :shit: bags.

Yep. The Democrats not only financially support those groups, but they also refuse to call them terrorist groups.

jimmy g likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

4. pilot87

In my opinion, in most cases an employer should not be able to terminate an employee for what they do on their own time....

What do you think? ..

5. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm with you unless they have a high profile job AND it costs the company business.

pilot87 likes this.
  6. pilot87

Like I said ... "in most cases"....

7. pilot87

Absolutely.... I agree....

8. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Hear is the best answer to this situation from a current NFL player

"As a team, trying to win and not have a distraction on the team, I just think that as a player, there's certain players that could be on the team with big distractions, and there's other players that are not good enough or not worth it. I think the situation is not good enough to have him on the team with all the attention that comes along with it. I'm sure if a guy like, I don't know, (Tom) Brady or a guy like whoever is your favorite player -- Odell Beckham or a guy like that -- you'll deal with the attention and play him. But with certain guys, it's not worth it."

LeSean McCoy
    RB Buffalo Bills

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.