Nice people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

The left believes in free speech, as long as your speech is exactly the same as theirs.

jimmy g likes this.
  2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

"When" you come to visit?.... Making plans?

I'm currently in the States, so yes, if you were to visit I wouldn't have an issue with your AR-15.... I am not anti-gun.....never said I was....
    Now if you were to visit me in Mexico, you wouldn't want to attempt to cross the border with it..... Me personally, not a problem....

I guess I missed out on all that...... Well, not really..... Oh well...lol

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Exactly! My employer makes us take tests on company ethics at least twice a year. We are allowed to make all the political statements that reflect our personal views away from work, like on PERSONAL SOCIAL sites, or TeeShirts, or such. But when at work, or mentioning that we represent our employer's biz, or in uniform we MUST not reflect our personal biases.

Had I worn my biz uniform, and refused to acknowledge the US Flag on National TV as Kap did, I'd have been fired before the song was over. My actions while representing my employer reflect the Public View that my employer believes the same, and costs my employer potential customers. Exactly the same as Kap will future teams if he's signed...

4. pilot87

Espn made the choice to fire him for his remarks..... Just like the NFL chooses to punish kaepernick for his action.... Both used their 1st amendment rights, both were punished in some form for doing so.....
    kaepernick was drawing attention to racial inequality and Police brutality..... Williams made remarks comparing Obama to Hitler, one you liked, the other you don't...... I personally don't see why either should create an "uproar"...

Magoo likes this.
  5. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Do you mean to tell me while waiting for your box's, yacking with the guys you never said a negative word about Obama?
    And now you must be talking about how great it is again.

7. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I don't care to give all the rights and privileges to terrorist organizations.

8. pilot87

Well there you go..... Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wants the NFL to deny people their 1st amendment right, even though he acknowledges that they have the right to "behave in such a despicable manner".....

Just like posters here saying that White Supremacists have the right to spread their vile hate filled message..... Because of their first amendment rights.....(they do) Funny how peoples feelings about freedom of speech differ if it's their feelings getting in the way........

You obviously side with this guy.....but not with Kaepernick.... And that is your right to do so.... It's the same right that this Marine fought for.... So why is he bent out of shape because someone exercises the rights he supposedly protects...... ?.... We don't get to choose how someone exercises their rights...as long as its done within the law....

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

No talk of politics on duty.

10. pilot87

Ok.... Who denied conservatives their voice of opinion by pummeling them with rocks and urine filled bottles??.... Conservative opinion is everywhere..... Far more right wing programs on the airwaves.......

11. pilot87

So you believe employers should be able to deny constitutional rights just because they are Corporations?.

Sounds like you're putting Corporations, and employers in general, ahead of the Constitution......

12. pilot87

Personally, if I was happy with the way an entertainment venue, and yes sports is an entertainment venue, treated an entertainer/athlete, I'd be far more inclined to continue to watch or even watch more.....not tune them out if I approved of them......but then again, that's just me.... I'm only stating my opinion...

13. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Just how is the NFL punishing Superprick? What part of a persons 1st ammendment rights can be limited by your employer do yo hardheaded crybabies not understand? The whole reason this has turned into a mess is the NFL and the teams didn't have the balls to keep their employees in line!! The NFL made this bed so now they can sleep in it!! Superprick is not that good of a player and turned down $900,000 for a backup QB spot cry me a river jeesh!!!!!
    To and insult to stupidity today people were protesting the NFL offices to force someone to hire the whiny bitch!!!!

14. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Maybe you could hire a team of lawyers or write a writ to the Supreme Court of the United States and ask if they will hear your argument and overturn their previous decisions on this matter!

15. pilot87

Yes of course, Corporations should have the power to deny or limit your constitutional rights if it means possibility affecting their profits..... After all, aren't profits more important than constitutional rights?.....

Yes, of course, if you exercise your constitutional right and you had your Company uniform on....its all well and good that the Company can put their image and profit potential ahead of the constitution you hold so near and dear.....right up there with the Bible, right jimmy g.... Corporations can do anything right.....shred your constitutional rights and you just accept that as normal..... Profits over principals..... Even over constitutional rights.....

16. pilot87

On Company propaganda..... Yes they want to drill into that they own you..... Take Company ethnic tests....and if you say no?...
    Freedom is great isn't it..? If you want a job you must check you rights at the door....and you must submit to being tested on Company ethics or no job......... What next, a loyalty pledge to Trump? (Or whatever party of employers choice) or no more Job.... ?...

17. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

jimmy g likes this.
  18. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Not just corporations that deny rights when you sign on the dotted line, the Armed Forces is a prime example as is law enforcement, and many other government agencies have ethics policies, you don't like don't sign and move on.

Northern Flash, seabreeze and jimmy g like this.
  19. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. You should be able to say whatever you want at work.....on your last day.

I'm not a big fan of companies trying to restrict employees speech while OFF the clock (for example, those alt-right protesters who have been fired), but there is no right to employment.

jimmy g likes this.
  20. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

If you don't believe what you say, just pull your time in the army!