Nice people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

But you don't mind funding them. (Iran, ISIS, Black Lies Matter, Antifa.)

buffalobill and jimmy g like this.
  2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

I understand that..... The point I'm making is that all the "conservatives" crying about the do called "left" "shredding the constitution"... and how we just need to follow the constitution.......BUT, when Corporations shred your constitutional rights or the Military, as you correctly point out, then it doesn't matter..... Yes even the Supreme Court allows Corporations to deny your Constitutional rights..... But of course they are a product of Corporate owned politicians....so no surprise about that.....
    You're correct when you say "if you don't like don't sign and move on"..... Not much else to do is there?.....

3. pilot87

I'm sure if I had the wealth and influence of many combined Corporations and bought off enough politicians through lobbyists.... I could change the landscape of the Supreme court in time...... But barring that, we just have to recognize what current law allows....

Just remember all this when people start crying about the constitution being "shredded"..... .. That's the point I'm making.... Nothing more.... Nothing personal about anyone..... I hear people say they just want the Government to leave them alone and let them live as they please....but have no problem with Corporations controlling them ....

4. pilot87

The point isn't understanding they can, and do, limit 1st amendment rights.... The point is why are they allowed to...... People cry about politicians "shredding" the constitution but think its great if Employers do...... If the Constitution is so dear and sacred.... Corporations shouldn't be able to deny free speech....period....

Now that is crazy.... It's not like they "fired" him without cause.... There is a difference between that and his current situation...

5. pilot87

Chicken.... ( Just joking)

6. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

As long as you are representing a business,institution,brand,etc...Your first amendment rights can,and in most cases,have consequences.Hank Jr and Kaepernick both found that out.Wonder how many contracts have been terminated for people calling Trump a Nazi,probably none.If anyone bought a football team,their bottom line would be to make money.Kap is damaged goods to entrepreneurial NFL owners.Where were all these groups protesting NFL offices when Hank got canned??No matter,"A Country Boy Can Survive" and the other will go down in a failure of pity.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  7. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

the 1st Amendment prevents the govt from censoring speech, not private entities
    look at google and Facebook they are determining content on their forums and are perfectly within their rights

IMO play the game
    or act in the movie or tv show
    don't get political

Northern Flash and pilot87 like this.
  8. a9faninnc

Sports is an out from the daily grind of politics and media.Now some of these muscleheads are gonna screw that up..

Northern Flash, Bubba74 and jimmy g like this.
  9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Obeying an employer's ethics is NOT surrendering your individual rights. I can, and Kap can/could make whatever statements on Social Media, or take out an ad, or wear whatever tee shirt I want, Away from the job. For instance- have I ever shied from politicking on here? No.

ON Company Time, however- you aren't representing YOUR Views. You're representing the Company Views to the customer. It's possible (i.e. Starbucks) the employee's views and the Company's views are the same. In Most employment, tho- (like mine) the employer simply bans political talk, period- so that everyone is neutral while communicating to customers and projecting image. As Michael Jordon (personally voting Dem) always said: Repubs buy underwear too.....

Kap was allowed to do it in uniform because the NFLPA and the NFL have a contract that allows it. The NBA contract no longer allows it. Their players who won't stand stay in the locker room until the song is over and the flag gone.

Northern Flash and a9faninnc like this.
  10. a9faninnc

Sometimes,common sense is all that,s needed to avoid a situation or confrontation.Knowing your environment and the consequences of your words and actions.

jimmy g likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Common sense is something Kap appears lacking. Few with a guaranteed 900k contract and knowing he just ticked off 60% of his customers and 80% of his potential employers would opt out of his contract.....

Most of this appears to be because he started dating a new girlfriend. He switched to her religion, and joined her organization. She is (or at least was, I don't keep up) VP of BLM.

12. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I do not agree that they should drop their guard just because they are not on the field. When working in the public eye you are always under the scrutiny of the public and you will be hard pressed to find many people who will agree that we, the public, should have to support you in any way should you choose to do or say something that counters our morals and/or ethics...or anything else we dislike for all that mattes. Sure, rub us the wrong way in any way, keep the guy who did it and see how it works for you.

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Big names, like stars, yes. They are forever joined to the brand, like their team. They Do have to watch what they say. That comes with the million dollar contracts. You and I, the normal workers, aren't being watched by our bosses away from work unless we make an effort to come across as such. I guess you are right tho, if I was on tv clip of a rally, and a funeral director saw it and commented, I might get to talk to my boss....

14. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Ask Tiger about how doing stupid things affects the bottom line

jimmy g likes this.
  15. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Here is something to ponder
    Why have we not branded the groups like the KKK, the Neo Nazi's and others as terrorist groups?
    They do intend to intimidate others through violence or threats of violence.
    If they were Muslims I'm pretty sure they would have made the list.
    So whats up?

They must have friends in high places? :idunno:

pilot87 likes this.
  16. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

So the Neo-Nazis that were outed by the left to their employer and lost their jobs were wronged?

The Top Ten
    • 1 Al-Qaeda. The truth is there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al-Qaeda. ...
    • 2 ISIS. ...
    • 3 Taliban. ...
    • 4 Irish Republican Army. ...
    • 5 Liberation Tiger of Tamil Eelam. ...
    • 6 Hezbollah. ...
    • 7 Ku Klux Klan. ...
    • 8 Hamas.
    More items...
    Top 10 Terrorist Groups - TheTopTens®
    Guess you're to lazy to look it up :1036316054:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

http://listverse.com/2013/03/24/10-terrorist-organizations-operating-in-the-us/

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  17. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

18. pilot87

That's true.....actually anything you say can have negative consequences........ Hence the adage of "think before you speak"....

Btw, I read somewhere that ESPN is going to give Hank Williams Jr his job back.....

19. Northern Flash

I would get a kick out of the NFL players going on strike. College football is more entertaining anyway, and minus the politics.

20. Northern Flash

900k per year for a piece of tail?
    That must be some good stuff.

He's an idiot that thought that he was bigger than he really was. He's finding out how irrelevant he really is.

jimmy g and kboomarang like this.