Nice to be retired

Me too Matt.......Almost got killed there last winter sitting in a traffic jam from a wreck when Billy Big Rigger comes flying over the top of the grade and barely put it in the median missing me by inches. Thought I was done for..............

As big of a wreak this was there was'nt much reported?
I'm out of the UPS Freight terminal in Rochester, New York.
Our terminal has a nightly turn to Richfield Ohio,and back.
We couldn't run our freight up there last night because of 90 being closed from exit 61 to the Pennsylvania state line.

I'm a safety trainer for my terminal,and they depend on me to find out about accidents around our shipping lanes.
The truckingboards have been the best source of info regarding trucking accidents across the United States.

This morning we learned the tru-way was closed due to this wreak.
But no-one knew where to find out anymore about it.

I'm a city driver,you can have that road work.
Running down the highway towing two wiggle wagons trying to see between the snow flakes at night is really not my idea of a good time.

APO, you and I have seen lots of bad weather in WNY, but you have never seen it as bad as it gets in Erie Pa. They are underequipped and understaffed to handle the snow they get. I don't know if the Thruway Authority could handle this area, its just in a bad location.

I know all about what Lake effect snow is.
It comes in narrow bands from the warmth of our lakes.
I get lake effect snow bands with my route that is in Orleans county.
It can be nice,and clear going down 104,then you drive into one of these bands and can only see a few car length ahead.
If you don't know the road your on you can drive off of it before you know it.

I know that Lake Eire also has the lake effect.
It doesn't matter how the roads are plowed,and salted.
These snow bands can cover them in real fast.
Thats the biggest reason I've always took a pass when it came to bidding for a road job.
If I lived in a warm climate I may be a road driver.
But its bad enough working in day light hours running into these wicked snow storms.
At night its just you,and your headlights shining on blowing snow.
One minute your doing your normal run,the next thing you know your in a wreak thinking of where you can apply for another job.