Central Transport | Nik-Picking write ups

well, that is terminal by terminal, i have picks already before i leave, and if that days route is a big circle, you better call in before i go past your town, dispatch will tell them truck has already passed your location and there is not enough time to come back today, sorry
sounds like your dispatcher cares, mine is mad because he's been passed up for the TM job multiple times and thinks if he can get the current one fired maybe he can get it this time.

sounds like your dispatcher cares, mine is mad because he's been passed up for the TM job multiple times and thinks if he can get the current one fired maybe he can get it this time.
The stupid SOB needs to be careful what he wishes for....You couldn't pay me enough to get in management at this company.....Honestly in the LTL business the most secure job is a driver.

i don't know about caring, definite CYA, at the end of the day there is a list of what was brought back and what did not get picked up, and dispatch has to answer for it. routing still leaves a lot to be desired, but they will not backtrack 40 miles at 5pm to get that one skid today. not saying i always know whats going on, i think most are put in evenings or early mornings electronically through website because they show up as soon as i log in.

IF doing my job gets me written up. With the people we have above us. Like someone said" Your only as strong as your weakest link." So let it brake, hopefully fix it and Move on.....Here or Somewhere....:tribehasspoken:

This cr*p started in Det this past week. On 4/30/13, I came in early because I could not sleep, started cleaning the tractor I usually drive. Forgot about the time and punched in at 9:31 am. Today I got my write up for being 1 minute late. The other part on the write up said that being late delayed my departure. What a bunch of hog wash, my book was not even closed out yet.:732:

This cr*p started in Det this past week. On 4/30/13, I came in early because I could not sleep, started cleaning the tractor I usually drive. Forgot about the time and punched in at 9:31 am. Today I got my write up for being 1 minute late. The other part on the write up said that being late delayed my departure. What a bunch of hog wash, my book was not even closed out yet.:732:
5 of us got written up today for not putting our glad hands in their holders.....How fu***** petty.... Instead of walking the yard looking for petty Sh**..........Why don't you get your sales force off their AZZes and bring in some new business ....Oh .....That's right we fired most of them or they quit because they got tired of getting blamed for things that are out of their control.....Lost and damaged freight.

5 of us got written up today for not putting our glad hands in their holders.....How fu***** petty.... Instead of walking the yard looking for petty Sh**..........Why don't you get your sales force off their AZZes and bring in some new business ....Oh .....That's right we fired most of them or they quit because they got tired of getting blamed for things that are out of their control.....Lost and damaged freight.

That's a bunch of BS.

This 34 year old TM has got bigger fish to fry....He wants to walk the yard and get the truck numbers then find out who's driving the truck just so he can write them up and look like he's doing his job. Really? He can't find anything more productive to do....How about OS&D? How about getting more business? Our airlines do not drag the ground....I'm not saying we shouldn't put them in the holders......I'm saying he needs prioritize things a little better. Take care of the things that are costing the company money first. Then focus on the little things if your bored and got nothing better to do with your time.

Now they are writing us up for anything...As if they can't find anything else productive to do. I understand writing people up for doing the same mistakes over and over....But a driver that hardly ever makes a mistake and is the ultimate employee should be given a break. I understand you must be uniform across the board but in some cases you should just look the other way. You slip one digit in a zip code and thats a write up. Again if you do it over and over....Fine.....But once in a blue moon, come on look the other way....Whats happening is that drivers are becoming pissed and literally are starting to sabotage this company....They need to pick their battles a little better. Writing people up for not remembering to put their ending mileage on their trip report. For not putting the door number you spotted your trailer at when you come in. Why don't they start writing people up for tearing up freight? You know things that directly affect the bottom line. But my favorite write up as of late....Writing you up for calling in sick, because it wasn't scheduled it's unexcused....How was I to know that the mexican food joint I ate at was going to get me sick. And who cares I got a case of the runs and might be worried I might shi! on myself if I came to work....How can you plan for that? You can't. So it seems really F'd up that I get an unexcused absence for something that could never be scheduled.

I thought it was called "Nit Picking", either way you are correct Train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not that you delayed them per say, you just forgot your whip and cattle prod!!!!!

Sounds like anybody making top scale has a bullseye on your back. What do they have to do before you get that you're not wanted here?

This 34 year old TM has got bigger fish to fry....He wants to walk the yard and get the truck numbers then find out who's driving the truck just so he can write them up and look like he's doing his job. Really? He can't find anything more productive to do....How about OS&D? How about getting more business? Our airlines do not drag the ground....I'm not saying we shouldn't put them in the holders......I'm saying he needs prioritize things a little better. Take care of the things that are costing the company money first. Then focus on the little things if your bored and got nothing better to do with your time.

yep....... hit wrong button on tablet and get wrote up, put a 7 instead of a 6 for the last number of miles on your trip sheet, (it changed driving across yard) someone else drove your truck in the rain and found wipers bad (even though you have not used on 2 months) and linehaul kept using them as bug scrubbers, didn't hang your glad hands up (even on a truck with broken hangers)

i get a write up like that, it will be returned to TM with the words "I resign"

At my barn this morning a dockworker got a verbal warning for driving his forklift too slow. So much for driving at a safe speed.