FedEx Freight | NLRB seized ballot box and stopped the vote in PKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you think you would be today if there were no unions?? What the unions did was to bring the working class into the middle class.. You really think FedEx would be paying you what you get if there was no threat from the union?? You really do live in another world.. Back when the unions were strong you could work 40 hours a week and make a good living.. Try and do that today in this industry.. Corporate America and Wall Street are the problem today. As far as the Auto industry goes the big three signed those deals years ago before the costs of benefits skyrocketed ..And as far as them producing crap,I will take my Chevy over my sons Toyota any day .. There just is no comparison..
Until you change your way of thinking, the unions will keep struggling. Give the people something they will want and support. Stop attacking them and belittling them because they don't want to join you. That will never convince anyone that your viewpoint it the right on.e

If a company treats there employees well then there would not be a reason for a union but as you see there are many in FedEx that seem to want the union.. It works both ways..

1-I don't work for FedEx anymore.

2-The age old argument that "Unions set your wages" is getting old.

The union doesn't set wages. The economy sets wages. Companies pay to attract drivers. I work in the food service industry now. There aren't many union outfits around. Sysco is the only one that I can think of. Our wages are determined by the availability of qualified employees.

There are many frustrated FedEx employees that want problems solved. The teamsters say they can fix the problems. It takes 50% plus 1 to allow that to happen. The problems is, the teamsters have an image problem. Until they make the services they offer more appealing, it isn't going to happen.

What are you doing to fix this image problem?

From the companies point of view the deadbeat is a drain on profits, whereas from the unions point of view the deadbeat is contributing his dues to their coffers. So keep saving them and we will slowly bury the union companies. Where will the unions be then when they drive all of their carriers out of business? Also it's not just the lazy ones but also the screwups who tear up everything in sight only to be saved again and again. I am all for second and even third chances however the teamsters brag on the free passes given. Please do continue along the path and the demise will come sooner than you expect for your union.
We can all agree that deadbeats are a drain. Those that damage equipment and freight are the same. A huge drain. The union has a responsibility to represent that member. Don't vilify the union for doing their job. Would you expect nothing less if your head was on the chopping block?

From the companies point of view the deadbeat is a drain on profits, whereas from the unions point of view the deadbeat is contributing his dues to their coffers. So keep saving them and we will slowly bury the union companies. Where will the unions be then when they drive all of their carriers out of business? Also it's not just the lazy ones but also the screwups who tear up everything in sight only to be saved again and again. I am all for second and even third chances however the teamsters brag on the free passes given. Please do continue along the path and the demise will come sooner than you expect for your union.
Let's not also overlook the fact that when these deadbeats fail to get the job done, or only perform the duties described in their contract, MORE employees must be hired to cover their deficiencies, thus increasing the dues to their coffers while costing the company unnecessary expenses!

Let's not also overlook the fact that when these deadbeats fail to get the job done, or only perform the duties described in their contract, MORE employees must be hired to cover their deficiencies, thus increasing the dues to their coffers while costing the company unnecessary expenses!
Just a question here redracer, but would you like to work in an environment that required you to pick up that mop at the end of your shift and clean the halls and head rather than allow the contractor Freddy uses to take care of it? Start a wave across the nation and maybe none of Freddy's contracted employees will be needed! It's about family redracer. Not working 14 hours a day to make ends meet. Home time. We all have our jobs to do. Reciting propaganda from Freddy's union busting handouts on the list also? Our contracts in freight are nothing like what you describe here.

Just a question here redracer, but would you like to work in an environment that required you to pick up that mop at the end of your shift and clean the halls and head rather than allow the contractor Freddy uses to take care of it? Start a wave across the nation and maybe none of Freddy's contracted employees will be needed! It's about family redracer. Not working 14 hours a day to make ends meet. Home time. We all have our jobs to do. Reciting propaganda from Freddy's union busting handouts on the list also? Our contracts in freight are nothing like what you describe here.
No propaganda here, you claiming this doesn't happen.....I'll happily call BS!
Have never worked in that environment here....and contractors provide a needed service, that's their job. Even union companies use contractors!
Who here works 14 hrs a day? The ones who CHOOSE to when they exercise they're seniority and take a 648 mile road run.
If one MUST work 14 hrs a day to make ends meet here, they may want to get their house in order...it's called living within your means!
Yes, we all have jobs to do and all of our employees are home every day/night,(except those who CHOOSE to run a lay down), including every weekend....plenty of home time with the family!

BTW, I've never read that in any of Freddy's handouts....and you can't deny it doesn't happen!

No propaganda here, you claiming this doesn't happen.....I'll happily call BS!
Have never worked in that environment here....and contractors provide a needed service, that's their job. Even union companies use contractors!
Who here works 14 hrs a day? The ones who CHOOSE to when they exercise they're seniority and take a 648 mile road run.
If one MUST work 14 hrs a day to make ends meet here, they may want to get their house in order...it's called living within your means!
Yes, we all have jobs to do and all of our employees are home every day/night,(except those who CHOOSE to run a lay down), including every weekend....plenty of home time with the family!

BTW, I've never read that in any of Freddy's handouts....and you can't deny it doesn't happen!
Well thanks for posting absolutely nothing. Tell me all about our restrictions redracer.

Also quite difficult to make the contact required to even discuss the possibilities. Add in the fact that the vast majority are part time, and as you mentioned, not in it for the long term... making their inclusion not practical.

Also drivers are a seperate licensed/regulated entity, always under different rules.
Nonsense!!!!

Well thanks for posting absolutely nothing. Tell me all about our restrictions redracer.
How is that pay cut working out at Holland for you? Need a loan? Lol
I work at holland and run the same run 5 nights a week there Hammer, and I will gladly compare W2's with yA!!! That pay cut just brought me down to your level!! Well pay wise anyway!!

I work at holland and run the same run 5 nights a week there Hammer, and I will gladly compare W2's with yA!!! That pay cut just brought me down to your level!! Well pay wise anyway!!
Exactly my point Guardrail at a union company they keep getting their jobs back even when they are extremely deserving of being shown the door. That hurts companies in the long run.
Not always Hammer, we've had several that got their jobs back and it wasn't long after they were gone!! If they really want you they will get you, and as far as lazy we have some of the best freight men in the industry working out of my barn!! You will always have one or two that get around things but you know as well as I do you guys have them as well!! Don't even try and say you don't, I do my run and head home, if I'm gonna screw around its gonna be out in the barn working on my hot Rod or my bikes!! Not out hanging around a coffee shop or rest area!!

And that's why the union will never recover to the levels of the 70's and 80's. You guys think the union made this country great? Not a :censored: chance. People make this country great. People with a strong work ethic and good morals and values.

The greed of the auto workers did them in. Imports offered a superior product at a better value. The big 3 just kept producing crap and charged more for it. Look at the union contracts now. They are quite a bit different than before. The union had to adjust and they did.

Until you change your way of thinking, the unions will keep struggling. Give the people something they will want and support. Stop attacking them and belittling them because they don't want to join you. That will never convince anyone that your viewpoint it the right one.
How much them imports cost now!!! Twice what an USA made car would,

Not always Hammer, we've had several that got their jobs back and it wasn't long after they were gone!! If they really want you they will get you, and as far as lazy we have some of the best freight men in the industry working out of my barn!! You will always have one or two that get around things but you know as well as I do you guys have them as well!! Don't even try and say you don't, I do my run and head home, if I'm gonna screw around its gonna be out in the barn working on my hot Rod or my bikes!! Not out hanging around a coffee shop or rest area!!
Nobody is specifically attacking you, and nobody is saying deadbeats don't exist on both sides. However, union deadbeats are often allowed to keep being deadbeats because the union gets them their job back if they get fired for being deadbeats.

Three guys pissed in the paint at the GM body shop after getting drunk on lunch break. When they were fired for screwing up the plant for a whole day while the paint system was cleaned, the union fought it and got them their jobs back. Does that mean the whole plant is full of deadbeats? Not on your life. I have friends who work there, and I spent a lot of time there. Lots of good folks.

If someone took a dump in a trailer, they should get canned. If someone pissed on the seat of a tractor, they should get canned. The difference between union and non is that, if caught, one will fire that driver and he'll be gone for good. The other will have him working again in a few weeks, tops. And I don't think that should be the case, first offense or not. If you're that kind of guy, figuratively speaking, I don't wanna work with you and nobody else should, either.

Nobody is calling the whole union an outfit of deadbeats. The few that are tend to stand out because they're impossible to get rid of. And they, too, taint the image of what the union offers.

Very few lazy ones at Fedex as compared to the union companies. The teamsters keep the deadbeat ratio higher by protecting the ones who need to be gone no matter how lazy they are or even if they are a total screwup.
BS flag thrown,do you have any figures on this? There are deadbeats in all walks of life, the company only has to win one time the union has to everytime. "nuff said getting warmer out

I talk to teamster drivers all the time. They are the main source of my observation about deadbeats. Some complain that they can't move up due to the screwups and deadbeats protection from serious discipline "No Matter How Bad The Infractions". And I mean multiple saves by the union of the same employee in many cases.
So all the deadbeat's/screwup's are the top dogs on senority list? BS flag thrown like I said before the company has to win ONLY ONCE,THE UNION HAS TO EVERYTIME "nuff said enjoying the sunshine

Where do you think you would be today if there were no unions?? What the unions did was to bring the working class into the middle class.. You really think FedEx would be paying you what you get if there was no threat from the union?? You really do live in another world.. Back when the unions were strong you could work 40 hours a week and make a good living.. Try and do that today in this industry.. Corporate America and Wall Street are the problem today. As far as the Auto industry goes the big three signed those deals years ago before the costs of benefits skyrocketed ..And as far as them producing crap,I will take my Chevy over my sons Toyota any day .. There just is no comparison..
Until you change your way of thinking, the unions will keep struggling. Give the people something they will want and support. Stop attacking them and belittling them because they don't want to join you. That will never convince anyone that your viewpoint it the right on.e

If a company treats there employees well then there would not be a reason for a union but as you see there are many in FedEx that seem to want the union.. It works both ways..
Plus I see very few of the likes of redracer arguing with petty issues against union representation.Now if I saw an overwhelming amount of naysayers.Then I wouldn't have bothered to support those who invited the union.Some of these naysayers arguments are asinine and petty by nature.

I always have looked at Nissan.Even though they do produce high end vehicles as well as the lower end ones.With Nissan being non union.Alot of their cars and SUVs are priced as high as the Union produced vehicles.

Picking prices on high end impalas and low end camrys, your world is a little lonely as well!![/
I always have looked at Nissan.Even though they do produce high end vehicles as well as the lower end ones.With Nissan being non union.Alot of their cars and SUVs are priced as high as the Union produced vehicles.
Not according to some people on here, but some people seem to know it all. Truck driving attorneys

Status
Not open for further replies.