FedEx Freight | NLRB seized ballot box and stopped the vote in PKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.........appreciate the response........doesnt appear there is a whole lot of differences in the policies as written. If looks to me that the main differences are within the process of review, which I feel the merits and drawbacks of each can be debated without a clear resolution......
Hey lets cut to the chase these policy's are only in place because someone on either side did not do their job.
When you have it in black and white both sides know where they stand.

Hey lets cut to the chase these policy's are only in place because someone on either side did not do their job.
When you have it in black and white both sides know where they stand.

No disagreement with that............I believe in accountability. Employees being held accountable for doing their job correctly and the Company being held accountable for doing theirs correctly. Guess I am just trying to ensure I understand what differences exist and how significant they really are.......

No disagreement with that............I believe in accountability. Employees being held accountable for doing their job correctly and the Company being held accountable for doing theirs correctly. Guess I am just trying to ensure I understand what differences exist and how significant they really are.......
A little horse trading now and again works sometimes.

Ultimately, what everyone here truly wants is fairness. The company shouldn't rule the employee with an iron fist, but neither should the union allow the employee to do as they please without repercussions. If, as you say, it can be balanced successfully through the contract, then I would call that a very good thing.

We should add: Racism & Sexual harassment to this list, both one and out offences at FedEx.
Get your self in that situation and you will get the one way walk out the gate also.
The company will end up writing a big check should they choose to look the other way.

Ultimately, what everyone here truly wants is fairness. The company shouldn't rule the employee with an iron fist, but neither should the union allow the employee to do as they please without repercussions. If, as you say, it can be balanced successfully through the contract, then I would call that a very good thing.
And it is as long as each does their part.

I've heard of some of the teamster horse trading, such as when a steward messes up the union agreeing to allow termination of a less important member instead of the insider. Unfair any way you slice it, but to be expected from such a corrupt to the core group.

I've heard of some of the teamster horse trading, such as when a steward messes up the union agreeing to allow termination of a less important member instead of the insider. Unfair any way you slice it, but to be expected from such a corrupt to the core group.
Lol..corrupt core..wow.You have been reading some great misinformation.As I have stated earlier in one of my replies.You hammer and redracer do put up some asinine uneducated spittal.You should only espouse what you truly know.Ohhh wait.you have to know some truths first..

Come on Reed, is that the best you have? I have been waiting days for proof on another thread. I may go to my grave waiting.

Come on Reed, is that the best you have? I have been waiting days for proof on another thread. I may go to my grave waiting.
Wow! Promoted from regional mgr. to Mr. Reed in less than a week. I will probably be Freddie by next week. If anybody needs a promotion see "Lifer" he can get you moved up extremely fast. Lol

Last edited:
I'm not laying blame, driver. And you're absolutely right, most union workers are good folks. But it's a highly visible flaw when the unions defend the indefensible and let the people who do these awful things get away with it. Reminds me of criminal lawyers, really. There to defend the innocent and the guilty alike.

Way I see it, folks like that make the majority look bad. If doing things like that is frowned on by the rank and file, please enlighten us with that information. But most of us on the outside believe that union culture encourages bad behavior because it there's little to no punishment. And the people who behave badly generally believe the same thing.

Personally, I wouldn't wanna work with the kind of person that'd behave badly enough to be justifiably fired. And I really wouldn't wanna work with that person if (assuming I were a union laborer as I once was) the union got them their job back.

Honestly? It's not like I ask if someone works a union job before I shake their hand. I'm not anti-union like that...I just don't want it in my own workplace.[/QUOTE
Please show proof of your fictional story there Hammer, If that were the case, which I don't believe it for one minute. Just what position would the Insider hold? What was the Insiders purpose?? Where did you Hear this story??? Whom would play the part of the less Important member????

What I believe we have here is a few people that are anti-union but know nothing about how it affects your daily work.
All that is put out here is what is made up or from company point of view or some right to work web site.
Then their are a couple of Ex Teamsters that were either voted or kicked to the curb, hired by Freddie you know who you are.
Want to know the truth ? Their are a few of your favorite posters here that only want to help you sort fact from fiction.
They don't get paid for their answers just want YOU who truly have a dog in the fight as some say to make an informed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.