FedEx Freight | NLRB seized ballot box and stopped the vote in PKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I believe we have here is a few people that are anti-union but know nothing about how it affects your daily work.
All that is put out here is what is made up or from company point of view or some right to work web site.
Then their are a couple of Ex Teamsters that were either voted or kicked to the curb, hired by Freddie you know who you are.
Want to know the truth ? Their are a few of your favorite posters here that only want to help you sort fact from fiction.
They don't get paid for their answers just want YOU who truly have a dog in the fight as some say to make an informed decision.

That's probably all true, however I don't believe you know which people belong in which category.

For example, I am an "Ex Teamster" (obvious) that was neither voted nor kicked to the curb. I took a withdrawal card, sang a happy song and did a happy dance. I have never been a FedEx employee. Never met Freddie, never spoke to Freddie, he certainly didn't hire me.

I don't get paid for my answers. I get paid the same whether I make ZERO posts or 10,000 posts. I'd love if all those with a "dog in the fight" made an informed decision.

I don't believe organizing FedEx with the Teamsters is the answer. I believe the threat of unionizing would be the only thing that results in a win-win, however, I know you can't "cry wolf" too many times.

Wow! Promoted from regional mgr. to Mr. Reed in less than a week. I will probably be Freddie by next week. If anybody needs a promotion see "Lifer" he can get you moved up extremely fast. Lol
I was patronizing you Hammered Purple. Reid would at least have a rebuttal for what he spewed.

Dispatching is a promotion? Not around our barn. A pay cut and poor benefits. No thanks. I wouldn't wish that on you Red.
Not everyone worries about the pay and bennies...dispatchers have set hours, they can mess with the drivers everyday if they so choose, and since they're part of management, they don't have to worry about the unions!
But thanks for thinking about my well being.

What I believe we have here is a few people that are anti-union but know nothing about how it affects your daily work.
All that is put out here is what is made up or from company point of view or some right to work web site.
Then their are a couple of Ex Teamsters that were either voted or kicked to the curb, hired by Freddie you know who you are.
Want to know the truth ? Their are a few of your favorite posters here that only want to help you sort fact from fiction.
They don't get paid for their answers just want YOU who truly have a dog in the fight as some say to make an informed decision.

I dont have a college degree, just another alumnus of the School of Hard Knocks.......but I do read a lot, particularly about subjects that hold interest to me or to try and improve my knowledge in certain areas........

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

To be clear.........I DO NOT necessarily believe anyone is "stupid"..............generally it appears most on here are far from it. However, I also believe people that are so polarized in any concept, to the point they either cant see flaws in their side of the debate or simply make the choice to overlook them, exhibit many of the same characteristics that Twain is addressing in this quote.

If I have learned anything, it is that it is wise to listen carefully to both sides of an argument........then look somewhere in the middle to find the truthful answer that suits you.

Pro or anti in this argument will generally not paint an unflattering position of their side, even though in truth both organizations have flaws as well as strengths. Whether you choose to admit it or not, the Company and the Union both have areas of concern.............some can be solved, some simply cant.........there could be costs in both choices that one must weigh against what they could possibly gain......

It boils down to each person and what they value after looking at individual issues and whether they can be effectively solved, with side effects that they find acceptable......

An example might be this situation........

I saw a rant the other day about the company chasing numbers, surely a valid beef from that persons viewpoint, but looked at subjectively might look like this..............

Can the union make the company change its efficiency targets or goals? Nope............quite certain that union companies have "number" targets they expect to be met as well. Pretty sure a UPS package driver wouldnt tell you his efficiency expectations are not at a high level.

Can the union make management not strive for those goals or force the company to get rid of them simply because they are a PITA? Nope.........company will always hold discretion regarding employment decisions for management employees.

Now, with that said........could the Union make enough strides in this persons other listed areas of concern to offset this one area? Possibly, depending on what the person's value structure is, but one would not know unless they looked at each of those issues individually and weighed it all out.

No amount of "Company Good, Union Bad" or "Company Bad, Union Good" chest-thumping tirade posts change the fact that challenges and opportunities exist in both beliefs. These type posts are both devoid of value and a pure waste of time, as each individual's values and beliefs will ensure that differing opinions will always exist.

My two cents.......thanks for the time...

Proceed........

Not everyone worries about the pay and bennies...dispatchers have set hours, they can mess with the drivers everyday if they so choose, and since they're part of management, they don't have to worry about the unions!
But thanks for thinking about my well being.
Huh? :scratchhead:
Maybe not everyone is concerned about pay and benefits, but most are by a huge margin. Also, management often takes a beating worse than the drivers. Another true fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.