XPO | nna and the teamsters

nna 01

TB Lurker
Credits
the local 480 has heard from 75 to 80 nna employees. if your ready for real change please show your support. if you are a nna employee call the local 480 at (615) 361-4900 ext# 24 between 8 am. and 5 pm monday thru friday this is lendon g. extension he is the president of local 480

i've heard enough and seen enough to know most the dsr at nna are not happy. 14 hour days, unequal pay, subservice carriers, seniority not meaning much of anything when it comes to runs. and the list goes on and on. call the local, let them know who you are and tell them you want there help. they are on your side. your name will be kelp confidential until the time comes to act as one

i talked to a couple on conway guys from different barns...mums the word...the managers, salesman or supervisors are to play dumb when the Union rumors are asked.... looks like THE IRON CURTAIN is making a comeback.

i talked to a couple on conway guys from different barns...mums the word...the managers, salesman or supervisors are to play dumb when the Union rumors are asked.... looks like THE IRON CURTAIN is making a comeback.
4 diffrent drivers, asked boss's, from 4 diffrent centers and they didn't have a clue what they were talking about. The standard i didn't know that was happening.

seems to be that way at nna not a word out of any of them

yup,a couple guys ashed our scm and he "didn't hear anything"and if it was true at xco he said the regional manager would have been stalking us.

yup,a couple guys ashed our scm and he "didn't hear anything"and if it was true at xco he said the regional manager would have been stalking us.
Funny thing is that everyone is talking about it on the road and the F.A.C's.

It would be nice to see more freightmen out of Nna posting on here. For or against a union .. just as long as us guys/gals have a way of keeping each other informed. You don't have to agree with everything on here. It really would be interesting to know how many dsr's from Nna
read these forums.

StageCoach just to reply to your post Im other Driver from NNA, that is ready for a big change! I"ve been in contact with a group of guys from the NNA barn and we are all wanting the same thing CHANGE!!!!!! I remember when I first started at NNA it used to be a fun place to work at, but it seem each year it gets worst and worst, Im getting to where I hate going into work!!!! Drivers enough is enough lets stand up all together and make this Company an better place to work at like it used to BE!!! But we need everyone and I mean everyone to stand up and do their part!!!!! I done talking and tried of reading these post online, LETS START ACTIONING ON WHAT WE SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Management, sales, etc. are being instructed to refrain from engaging in such conversations. It only feeds into the rumor mill, giving it validity. The least thing Conway wants is to perpetuate labor unrest. And why are drivers talking to managers about it anyway? Never mind, I know the answer. Sales staff doesn't want to address possible labor problems to customers. They want to paint a positive environment for which to do business with. If this movement spreads the Vail of secrecy will be revealed for all to see. Then the games will begin. IMO, they should have thought about their boardroom decisions long and hard before they implemented them. TE out...

I know what I signed up for when I started at Con-way and I remember what I told them I excpected from a company. What's frustrateing is when you ask a member of mangement a question and there answer is "well if you don't like it quit or find another job" . I understand some guys cry about any and everything but when you have your work horses asking a simple question and all you get is that response, what do you exspect from a driver. There's a few of the guys at our barn that's done every job classification Conway has to offer, just this year. Heck one guy has did nightl/h day l/h city p-d hostleing and stacked. Bad part is he does it with a smile and seldom fusses. There's a few that talk about trying to bring in a union but that's all they do. They seem to want everyone else to do all the work and think if they just sign a card that's it. It takes awhile to organize a company ..from my understanding up to a year. You've got card signing, then a vote then ,then contract negotiations, then a vote on the contract. Of course I would think we would fall under the NMFA, and the NMFA covers most of the complaints the drivers have. Some guys want it in but they they want someone else to do it for them. Just because there is some men in XCO that actually have a set and are tired of the work enviroment ..tired of our standards being lowered ...tired of being threatened...tired of our freight being hauled by a subservice company..tired of wages going down and insurance going up ..tired of being able to loose your job at the drop of a dime ...tired of being screamed and shouted at. Just because they vote it in doesn't mean NNA will vote it in. Your correct 1234 the drivers do need to stick together but how will they stick together when some are asking others to do stuff they want do thereselves. Myself, I will not lay my neck out on the line for nobody that's not willing to help thereself. . I think this is prob my third post ..maybe forth post on this stuff.. I maybe a jr member to trucking boards but I've been in freight for awhile. We're looseing our jobs now one by one. I don't ask nobody to sign a card and I don't ask nobody not to sign a card all I ask is to get informed on the facts. If the teamsters are serious about organizeing freightlines then they need to get some of them layed off and retired. teamsters out on the streets informing drivers and dock hands.