XPO | nna and the teamsters

good post there stagecoach now lets get to work and do a good job so our tm # will look good since # is all he is worried about

I know what I signed up for when I started at Con-way and I remember what I told them I excpected from a company. What's frustrateing is when you ask a member of mangement a question and there answer is "well if you don't like it quit or find another job" . I understand some guys cry about any and everything but when you have your work horses asking a simple question and all you get is that response, what do you exspect from a driver. There's a few of the guys at our barn that's done every job classification Conway has to offer, just this year. Heck one guy has did nightl/h day l/h city p-d hostleing and stacked. Bad part is he does it with a smile and seldom fusses. There's a few that talk about trying to bring in a union but that's all they do. They seem to want everyone else to do all the work and think if they just sign a card that's it. It takes awhile to organize a company ..from my understanding up to a year. You've got card signing, then a vote then ,then contract negotiations, then a vote on the contract. Of course I would think we would fall under the NMFA, and the NMFA covers most of the complaints the drivers have. Some guys want it in but they they want someone else to do it for them. Just because there is some men in XCO that actually have a set and are tired of the work enviroment ..tired of our standards being lowered ...tired of being threatened...tired of our freight being hauled by a subservice company..tired of wages going down and insurance going up ..tired of being able to loose your job at the drop of a dime ...tired of being screamed and shouted at. Just because they vote it in doesn't mean NNA will vote it in. Your correct 1234 the drivers do need to stick together but how will they stick together when some are asking others to do stuff they want do thereselves. Myself, I will not lay my neck out on the line for nobody that's not willing to help thereself. . I think this is prob my third post ..maybe forth post on this stuff.. I maybe a jr member to trucking boards but I've been in freight for awhile. We're looseing our jobs now one by one. I don't ask nobody to sign a card and I don't ask nobody not to sign a card all I ask is to get informed on the facts. If the teamsters are serious about organizeing freightlines then they need to get some of them layed off and retired. teamsters out on the streets informing drivers and dock hands.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but the way you feel is exactly the battle I face everyday at XCO. Theres nothing more frustrating than guys who have walked around complaining about the way they have been treated who tell you "I'll sign your card, but i'm not going to help organize" or better yet tell you "so and so said this but I don't want to get involved so I thought you could talk to them". I don't expect everyone to have the nuts that we had when we started this, but I have been here almost 8 years and watched guys walk around talking how they are big tough truck drivers and all the legendary stories that have been told and am stunned by the lack of a spine when we want to stand up for ourselves. The reason we don't have enough cards signed yet isn't because drivers are faithful, loyal Conway men. Its because guys are still scared. Because they let the rumors and stories become real instead of educating themselves on the facts. We have a lot of ex military men here (myself included) and we under stand that nothing worth having will always come easy. I come home everyday and spend my own time during the week and weekends talking to the guys from other terminals. Because that's how committed I am. I will fight to the bitter end to make this happen! I believe this is the best thing for the 14,000+ DSRs here. It would be nice if guys like you could stick your necks out a little to help. We need guys like you.

all the guys at local hall are out of town this week left msg for them to call me back will post when i get call

Thank you for service to our country, nobody in particular. No offense taken in your previous post. I can only speak for myself when I post so when you make the statement scared... lol ..no sir ... im far from scared, I just understand that for real change for the better to happen these mens balls are going to have to drop and decide whats best for them and there families. The way I see it, as many subservice carriers are comeing in and the crst trucks pulling our pups ..our linehaul haul guys want have a job if it keeps up and that means it will trickle down and some city guys want have a job . Im not scared ... I can drive city ..I can hostle ... I can do linehaul...I can work dock.. I thank god my parents enstilled a good work ethic in me. I was also taught how to move freight by real freight men, ( 480 strong) . So thanks for your concern and I personally respect y'all MEN in xco. I want to thank you and everybody in there efforts there putting forth.

HEY nobody keep up the good fight. can't say where but my term has has been signing cards for a couple weeks now and we are getting close to. your terminal has been a real inspiration !

as the old saying goes its time to s--t or get off the pot. you can set around and wait for somebody else to do all the work or you can jump in and do your part. help inform guys and gals how the union can stop alot of the bs that goes on inside the company. tell them to go to the trucking forum and make comments, ask questions,at least let us know that we are not alone in this fight. call your local hall let them know your ready for change. but don't set around and wait for someone else to do it for you.

i have a class a license with hazmat and doubles and triples and that doesnt mean ::shit:: to con way we have fork lift license and thats it. i dread coming to work everyday because i have watch load after load roll out of the gates while myself and 6 other drivers sit on the dock or hostle all night. this is bullshit and we need a change dave s doesnt care about the drivers he should stand up and be a leader but instead he is only worried about is making his terminal look good.

Listen anti union guys for once in your life, look around in the past few years the number of loads that been leaving the dock and rolling out the gate is on sub-service Vans! If we dont stand up now, take a guess what well keep on happen! Do I want a union to come in? Its not my first choice, but we got to make a stop to this before it gets out of hand!! Yes your right Dave S only cares for his # and the better his numbers are by cutting drivers runs it fatens his paycheck dont care what people say thats the F#$%#&** Truth too it!!!!!

I bet if subservice is eliminated, say hello to a clerk at the hotel everyday. You will be gone all week. Possible or not?

I bet if subservice is eliminated, say hello to a clerk at the hotel everyday. You will be gone all week. Possible or not?

Doubtful on the layovers! And if they ever did go back to layovers, which IMO they should, at least out West, then you wouldn't be gone all week. Every other day, but at least we would be hauling our own freight! This topic could b e a whole new thread!!

55.5 cents a mile 2500+ a week i will lay down for that there are guys & gals driveing for 30 cents sleeping in trucks

It's Your Right
To Organize a Union!

The National Labor Relations Act gives you the right to organize a union in your workplace. Here's what you are allowed to do ... and what your employer is not allowed to do ...

You Have the Right to ...

Participate in meetings to discuss joining a union;
Distribute, read and discuss union literature (in non-work areas during breaks and lunch time);
Wear union buttons, stickers, t-shirts, and hats to show support for the union;
Sign a UE membership card and demand union recognition;
Circulate and sign petitions, or ...
Join together in other activities to protest unfair treatment or demand improvements in wages, hours and working conditions;
Organize other employees to support the union, sign union cards, or to file grievances.

These rights are protected by Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act (and similar state laws), which gives you the right to join or support a union.

[Page Top]
It is Illegal for Your Boss to ...

Fire or threaten to fire, layoff, discipline, harass, transfer, or reassign an employee because they support the union;
Favor employees who don’t support the union over those that do in promotions, hours, enforcement of rules or any other conditions;
Close or threaten to close your place of employment or take away benefits or privileges in order to discourage union activity;
Promise employees a pay increase, promotion, benefit or special favor if they oppose the union;
Ask your opinion of the union.

Under Section 8 of the National Labor Relations Act (and similar state laws) it is illegal for your boss to commit any of the acts listed above.

[Page Top]
Here's the Law ...

Section 1: The policy of the United States is to be carried out "by encouraging the practice and procedure of collective bargaining and by protecting the exercise by workers of full freedom of association, self-organization, and designation of representatives of their own choosing, for the purpose of negotiating the terms and conditions of their employment..."

Section 7: "Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or bargain collectively through representation of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining..."

Section 8(a): "It shall be an unfair labor practice for an employer . . . to interfere with, restrain, or coerce employees in the exercise of the rights guaranteed in Section 7..."

Time is getting closer and closer. All the fence straddlers need to be getting close to making a decision I would think, because UNITED WE STAND and divided we fall. As in the movie Gladiator, stand together, shoulder to shoulder, shield to shield and we will prevail. GO TEAM TEAMSTERS!!!!!!!!

time is getting closer and closer. All the fence straddlers need to be getting close to making a decision i would think, because united we stand and divided we fall. As in the movie gladiator, stand together, shoulder to shoulder, shield to shield and we will prevail. Go team teamsters!!!!!!!!

being from a middle size barn, i'm hoping when it is voted in some larger barns, mainly a "x" barn and a "l" and an "n" i think it will open the flood gates and this will really take off. Keep up the good work and once again........................go team teamsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!