XPO | nna and the teamsters

It's Your Right
To Organize a Union!

The National Labor Relations Act gives you the right to organize a union in your workplace. Here's what you are allowed to do ... and what your employer is not allowed to do ...

You Have the Right to ...

Participate in meetings to discuss joining a union;
Distribute, read and discuss union literature (in non-work areas during breaks and lunch time);
Wear union buttons, stickers, t-shirts, and hats to show support for the union;
Sign a UE membership card and demand union recognition;
Circulate and sign petitions, or ...
Join together in other activities to protest unfair treatment or demand improvements in wages, hours and working conditions;
Organize other employees to support the union, sign union cards, or to file grievances.

These rights are protected by Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act (and similar state laws), which gives you the right to join or support a union.

[Page Top]
It is Illegal for Your Boss to ...

Fire or threaten to fire, layoff, discipline, harass, transfer, or reassign an employee because they support the union;
Favor employees who don’t support the union over those that do in promotions, hours, enforcement of rules or any other conditions;
Close or threaten to close your place of employment or take away benefits or privileges in order to discourage union activity;
Promise employees a pay increase, promotion, benefit or special favor if they oppose the union;
Ask your opinion of the union.

Under Section 8 of the National Labor Relations Act (and similar state laws) it is illegal for your boss to commit any of the acts listed above.

[Page Top]
Here's the Law ...

Section 1: The policy of the United States is to be carried out "by encouraging the practice and procedure of collective bargaining and by protecting the exercise by workers of full freedom of association, self-organization, and designation of representatives of their own choosing, for the purpose of negotiating the terms and conditions of their employment..."

Section 7: "Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or bargain collectively through representation of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining..."

Section 8(a): "It shall be an unfair labor practice for an employer . . . to interfere with, restrain, or coerce employees in the exercise of the rights guaranteed in Section 7..."

that is an awesome post,hope everybody reads it

the more you do the more they want you to do. REMEMBER BROTHERS THE LOCAL 480 WILL BE BACK IN THE OFFICE MONDAY JULY 18 . MAKE SURE AND CALL THEM AT (615) 361-4900 EXT# 24 THIS IS LENDON GRISSOMS EXT (PRESIDENT OF LOCAL 480)

o.k nna i hope you remembered to call the local 480 today, if not give them a call tomorrow. lets show conway management we mean business and that we have had enough. WE WANT REAL CHANGE GO TEAMSTERS!!!

I think we are in good shape we still have drivers on the fence but we need as much support as we can get in nna. We need everybody that wants a change to call the local 480 and if you have questions dont be afraid to ask. We need to take care of our families not con way family comes first do whats right so you can support your loved ones.

I think we are in good shape we still have drivers on the fence but we need as much support as we can get in nna. We need everybody that wants a change to call the local 480 and if you have questions dont be afraid to ask. We need to take care of our families not con way family comes first do whats right so you can support your loved ones.

I already support my family, very well... I'm not afraid to work..

I already support my family, very well... I'm not afraid to work..

thats great beerfd, glad to know that you're not afraid of work. but ask yourself one question. am i as good as any other freight person ? if the answer is yes why souldn't you get top pay and benefits. i, like you work hard and know the freight business. why souldn't we get the same as the union guys we work just as hard.

thats great beerfd, glad to know that you're not afraid of work. But ask yourself one question. Am i as good as any other freight person ? If the answer is yes why souldn't you get top pay and benefits. I, like you work hard and know the freight business. Why souldn't we get the same as the union guys we work just as hard.

imo,who works the hardest dont mean squat. When i started with this company there were 5 conways,eastern,central,western,southwest and southern. Then it went to 4, and then down to 3. No loss of states to cover just expanded the coverage area. Then they merged csw and cse. Still at that point they could say that there are 3 different companies and get by with not making things equal as far as pay and ot. But now, they say we are all one, the same, just 1 conway, conway freight. I dont think things will be completly equal with our brothers to the north and the west but it sure could be alot better than it is.you said "why should we not get paid the same as the union guys",better yet, why should we not get paid the same as our brothers to the west and north. Remember, the white shirts in the crystal palace said............we are all one company now!!..and i say...."go teamsters"!!

imo,who works the hardest dont mean squat. When i started with this company there were 5 conways,eastern,central,western,southwest and southern. Then it went to 4, and then down to 3. No loss of states to cover just expanded the coverage area. Then they merged csw and cse. Still at that point they could say that there are 3 different companies and get by with not making things equal as far as pay and ot. But now, they say we are all one, the same, just 1 conway, conway freight. I dont think things will be completly equal with our brothers to the north and the west but it sure could be alot better than it is.you said "why should we not get paid the same as the union guys",better yet, why should we not get paid the same as our brothers to the west and north. Remember, the white shirts in the crystal palace said............we are all one company now!!..and i say...."go teamsters"!!

run down to the union hall yelling "Go Teamsters" and ask them what are the odds of negotiating one contract covering all of this company's locations. I'll wait here for your answer.

run down to the union hall yelling "go teamsters" and ask them what are the odds of negotiating one contract covering all of this company's locations. I'll wait here for your answer.

your right merdock, thats why i said"i dont think things will be completly equal" but you must agree.....it colud be better............

we could go after a contract for conway, or we could ask to be a part of the NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT. for those of you who don't know what this is , this is the contract agreement that abf and yrc signed with the teamsters . now before any of you say anything we all know yrc took concessions. this is not a debate about that . if we agreed to this contract we would fall under the same rules and policys that abf and yrc have. and when it comes time to talk about a new contract we would have the support of our union brothers and sisters at abf and yrc. just something to think about

we could go after a contract for conway, or we could ask to be a part of the NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT. for those of you who don't know what this is , this is the contract agreement that abf and yrc signed with the teamsters . now before any of you say anything we all know yrc took concessions. this is not a debate about that . if we agreed to this contract we would fall under the same rules and policys that abf and yrc have. and when it comes time to talk about a new contract we would have the support of our union brothers and sisters at abf and yrc. just something to think about
Or you can take a perfectly good freight company and flush it down the toilet with the past 500 or so union carriers to go belly up. Vote 'em in, sink the ship. Good luck in getting what's coming to you.

Or you can take a perfectly good freight company and flush it down the toilet with the past 500 or so union carriers to go belly up. Vote 'em in, sink the ship. Good luck in getting what's coming to you.

yea you're right, just set back take the bones the company throws to you, while the ceo and others eat the steak. remember the video, they respect their drivers and listen to them. BULLS**T. if they respected and listen to their drivers they would not be trying to fight off the teamsters now.

Conway does have some issues to work on, and Ann Arbor does need a union scare every decade or so. However; what can the teamsters really offer? Look at YRC, they are still making $5 less than us (still have not gotten their 15% pay cut back). I'm from XML, about half of our drivers are with Conway because the Teamsters ran our previous companies into the ground. This could be used to address some issues, but guys, this is serious.

Conway does have some issues to work on, and Ann Arbor does need a union scare every decade or so. However; what can the teamsters really offer? Look at YRC, they are still making $5 less than us (still have not gotten their 15% pay cut back). I'm from XML, about half of our drivers are with Conway because the Teamsters ran our previous companies into the ground. This could be used to address some issues, but guys, this is serious.

yrc 15% paycut took them down to $19.66 an hour. i believe they got a cost of living raise this last spring . even at a 15% paycut they were only making about $2.00 less an hour than we are. plus they pay $60.00 a month in union dues and their out of pocket family medical coverage is $ 0.00 so their still bringing home a bigger paycheck and thats not to mention they get overtime over 8

The teamsters or any other union never runs a company into the ground bad management does plain and simple. Go do some research. Are management is the reason that we are the way we are. They have made the bad decisions CFI, are last CEOand the plan to haul freight for free, there decisions and they still get theirs. O and paying off the pension from CF that they tried to get out of. By the way anyone notice in the video how they used CF as a union company that went under? We know how that went down.

yrc 15% paycut took them down to $19.66 an hour. i believe they got a cost of living raise this last spring . even at a 15% paycut they were only making about $2.00 less an hour than we are. plus they pay $60.00 a month in union dues and their out of pocket family medical coverage is $ 0.00 so their still bringing home a bigger paycheck and thats not to mention they get overtime over 8

With the paycut YRC drivers make 20.34 per hour.