No 34 hour restart

Discussion in 'Holland' started by Coldhearted, Oct 19, 2017.

1. White

White Well-Known Member

Agree. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

30yearman, SAC75 and troubleman84 like this.
  2. White

White Well-Known Member

Ask yourself what's best for YOURSELF? That's meester not TEAMster. Ashamed of you Von, ashamed.

3. dokman

dokman Active Member

Yes, you will need to log time waiting as on duty not driving,and may not give you enough hours to work next day.

4. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Point exactly if you in system you get paid regardless

SAC75 likes this.
  5. dokman

dokman Active Member

Not about pay you must log it as on duty, and may be out of hours tomorrow

6. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

So be it. But to me, several things come to mind. First the 78% who did not vote in the last IBT election should be ashamed for not voting. Shame on them. Second, the IBT officials past & present do every thing they can to under mind our CBA by constantly changing the rules of our CBA without a vote or, not enforcing them. So my decision to run it in is not correct according to the rules of the CBA. So many times I have witnessed a BA disregard so many rules or ignore them of a contract, leaving you to believe their pay check is provided by ABF. So, does that excuse or make my actions right? Of course not. BUT, all I am doing is following the actions & the impressions my BA & the Local he works for have left me. Be safe. von.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  7. vongrimmenstein

Ya know, the largest shame of any IBT member who has taken the IBT Oath really belongs to President Hoffa. In the last contract vote down in Kentucky 95% of the rank & file voted 2 or 3 times to reject the contract. And President Hoffa not liking the outcome of the vote, used a little known Amendment in the IBT Constitution reversing the vote of the rank & file. Shame on him? you bet. So now the questions beg, why do we bother to vote? If in the end our vote can be overridden why do we still pay dues? Indiana voted right to work a few years ago. I went to every rally & spoke in person to my Indiana State Senator & District rep asking them to vote no on the bill before the House & the Senate. They voted to override my wish. So, my wish to run it in is my decision. Therefore if I was still working in your barn you should bring reproach upon me @ the next freight meeting. But based on current & past practice by IBT Officials, don't become to hopeful, you might be disappointed. von.

TonyTheTiger and seabreeze like this.
  8. the5tolls

the5tolls I hope we make it to 19....got my NO ready

Maybe there is another Irishman out there and our problems will disappear! Just kidding.....kind of :D

9. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

If your on road at least your being compensated for it.

SAC75 and 30yearman like this.
  10. vongrimmenstein

Ya got that right. von.