Estes | no call back

roadmann

TB Lurker
Credits
there were 7 city drivers laid off around nov.2006.the company hired new drivers not too long ago without even calling back the laid off guys to see if they wanted to come back.:chairshot: doesnt estes give laid off drivers the first shot at getting hired? this place is real ::shit::+y

there were 7 city drivers laid off around nov.2006.the company hired new drivers not too long ago without even calling back the laid off guys to see if they wanted to come back.:chairshot: doesnt estes give laid off drivers the first shot at getting hired? this place is real ::shit::+y
Doesn't surprise me at all they do what they want no regards to anyone

Why do people put up with a company that treats their employees like second class or worse

Why doesn't somebody from upper management have the balls to respond to this allegation? Get on here and defend yourself. If this is true, explain this behavior, please. If it is false, for gods' sake, try and save face. This board has become quite the tool for your prospective employees to weed through the companys that are less desirable to apply with. Everybody reads this forum. Come on Wayne Y. Your'e the big man on campus now. Why would you lay guys off, and not call them back when the freight level picked back up. Assuming this is what happened. Hired new guys to take their place???? WTF? This story, plus many others ,proves that yourself ,along with your cronies from Richmond will not be satisfied until you can't get anybody to turn your steering wheels. God help you Estes.:TR10driving03:

Why doesn't somebody from upper management have the balls to respond to this allegation? Get on here and defend yourself. If this is true, explain this behavior, please. If it is false, for gods' sake, try and save face. This board has become quite the tool for your prospective employees to weed through the companys that are less desirable to apply with. Everybody reads this forum. Come on Wayne Y. Your'e the big man on campus now. Why would you lay guys off, and not call them back when the freight level picked back up. Assuming this is what happened. Hired new guys to take their place???? WTF? This story, plus many others ,proves that yourself ,along with your cronies from Richmond will not be satisfied until you can't get anybody to turn your steering wheels. God help you Estes.:TR10driving03:

Elvis, if you got laid off what would you do?? would you be sitting at the phone waiting for a call back? or would you go get a job?? there could be other reasons to this also, like maybe some of the guys werent worth a pile of monkey crap and they dont want them back?? and i am sure we can all agree that there are lots and LOTS of piles of minkey crap drawing a paycheck at each of our terminals inculeing you Elvis, even at your new job.

yea if it happen it sucked. but the the people that got laid off didnt have a job when estes called them back, then 1 would assume they were looking for a job? and the wouold surly see the add in the paper and ummm like get thier job back. but thats just me i use common sence and logic.

so you are saying elvis is a bad employee because he speaks his mind? just because the words he speaks threatens the way your life is lead?

Elvis, if you got laid off what would you do?? would you be sitting at the phone waiting for a call back? or would you go get a job?? there could be other reasons to this also, like maybe some of the guys werent worth a pile of monkey crap and they dont want them back?? and i am sure we can all agree that there are lots and LOTS of piles of minkey crap drawing a paycheck at each of our terminals inculeing you Elvis, even at your new job.

yea if it happen it sucked. but the the people that got laid off didnt have a job when estes called them back, then 1 would assume they were looking for a job? and the wouold surly see the add in the paper and ummm like get thier job back. but thats just me i use common sence and logic.
Your common sense and logic didn't get their smart pill this morning.

If you're laid off, find a job and want your old one back, you are usually entitled to it. Depends on each state, length of time, etc. Just because you find another job doesn't mean it's what you want. What about those of us with kin to take care of, we need a check no matter what it takes.

Each state has it's own laws that pertain to lay-offs. But Estes wouldn't know these laws because their lawyers have blinders on. They only find what they want to find and not the complete laws. Just like when they looked into overtime etc when they did the buyout out west.

I advise everyone to check their state laws concerning lay-offs and unemployment. Remember some states allow you to file for unemployment when your wages and/or hours hit a certain point. You don't have to be totally out of work to file. Estes will tell you you can't do it, but who are they looking after? Certainly not the employee.

All I'm saying here is no matter how many band aids guys like JIMBOB throw on these issues. The reputation of Estes just keeps on floundering out of control.

I don't mind being called monkey crap. After all, monkey crap smells like bananas. And you know Elvis' favorite food is grilled banana and peanut butter sandwiches! I don't care who you are that's funny right there....:biglaugh:

All I'm saying here is no matter how many band aids guys like JIMBOB throw on these issues. The reputation of Estes just keeps on floundering out of control.

It truley is and it's ashame with a company that has the integrity "Big E" has.

It truley is and it's ashame with a company that has the integrity "Big E" has.

INTEGRITY???????? Are you serious? In my opinion, integrity and Estes should not be in the same sentence. Talking about an oxy-moron. I personally have not seen one example of integrity since the day they kid napped G.I. trucking. But who am I anyway? Just another disgruntled x employee right? I hate to be a doomsday profit but a lot of you will be as well. AND IT FEELS GOOD! p.s. The big E on the side of those trailers means they are EMPTY!!!!!!!!! The yard hostlers don't even bother putting the white piece of paper in the light socket any more. They know there empty.......:tongue

INTEGRITY???????? Are you serious? In my opinion, integrity and Estes should not be in the same sentence. Talking about an oxy-moron. I personally have not seen one example of integrity since the day they kid napped G.I. trucking. But who am I anyway? Just another disgruntled x employee right? I hate to be a doomsday profit but a lot of you will be as well. AND IT FEELS GOOD! p.s. The big E on the side of those trailers means they are EMPTY!!!!!!!!! The yard hostlers don't even bother putting the white piece of paper in the light socket any more. They know there empty.......:tongue
I can see your just as upset as I am with the way this place is going as if noone cares. And R we absolutley SURE E bought out GI. People only believe what they are told my friend! MR. Estes may have sold this place 2 years ago for all we know. How hard would it be to sell a company and keep YOUR name on it. It's not that difficult. Big E has a reputable name. Has anyone even thought about who's going to take this place after Mr. Rob decides to kick back and take life easy. Every single one of us better be thinking about 2,3,7 ,10 ,18 years in front of us(however long it may be) instead of whats on this damn computer screen!

Your common sense and logic didn't get their smart pill this morning.

If you're laid off, find a job and want your old one back, you are usually entitled to it. Depends on each state, length of time, etc. Just because you find another job doesn't mean it's what you want. What about those of us with kin to take care of, we need a check no matter what it takes.

um dude WTF are you saying. ok if you are laid off you find a job. well that takes are of your kin. well according to you and the rest of the guys " why would anybody what thier job back???" yes i agree they should be called backed if an opening happens, and i said THAT!!!, and also like i said if the job you have is the job you dont like. CHECK THE FRICKEN NEWSPAPERS!!! if you dont like your job you look for a new one OMFG. and if your old job is in the paper you put in an app, if you were a good employee then you should get your job back if you were a crappy employee, well i would say you know what will happen BUT beings everything has to be spelled out, you wont get your job back.

those 7 guys were not "crap employees" it does not matter if you were a good or "crap employee" they are going to do want they want no matter what

If your laid off that should entitle you to your position back if an opening occurs. If you are a :shit:ty employee you should be fired not laid off. Estes lay off is permanent no hire back, so if you get laid off dont wait around for a call back.

If your laid off that should entitle you to your position back if an opening occurs. If you are a :shit:ty employee you should be fired not laid off. Estes lay off is permanent no hire back, so if you get laid off dont wait around for a call back.

so if you get laid off estes will not rehire you?