Estes | no call back

If your laid off that should entitle you to your position back if an opening occurs. If you are a :shit:ty employee you should be fired not laid off. Estes lay off is permanent no hire back, so if you get laid off dont wait around for a call back.

what a great attitude jim:chairshot:

A guy posted that Wayne Y. doesn't fire anyone. He makes them available to the competition. They don't lay drivers off. They rif you. Reduction in force. If they layed you off temporarily, I'm almost sure they would have to call you back by senority. But since they reduced the work force due to lack of business, they are basically terminating you. I'm sure their lawyers have found that loop hole. And they exploit that in their favor for many reasons. I personally think that they are just about ready to use this tactic out west. Get ready you ungratefull twenty and thirty year G.I. drivers. As far as getting rid of " monkey crap drivers" and what ever other derogatory names you would like to throw around. Why don't they balls up and terminate these drivers? Through the proticol that most companys use that practice "INTEGRITY". You know. The old fashioned warning, write up. suspension, your'e outta here. That would be using "INTEGRITY" now wouldn't it.....

what a great attitude jim:chairshot:

Hay my attitude is great. This is not my policy. Oh and one more thing they go by whatever department needs to cut a driver. They do not care if you are line and have 5 years and they have 15 P&D drivers with less time and line needs to get cut your laid off. No worrys about time of service, you cant bump a P&D driver with less tos.
And remember this isnt my policy I just put it in simple form.:hide:

If your laid off that should entitle you to your position back if an opening occurs. If you are a :shit:ty employee you should be fired not laid off. Estes lay off is permanent no hire back, so if you get laid off dont wait around for a call back.

you say estes lay off is permanent no hire back you are wrong jim houston texas # 165 laid off 13 dock workers around nov 2006.they did rehire a few of those guys back never did even to call any drivers back. a few of those drivers did call the houston terminal they were told nothing is going on here we do not have any extra freight laying around

you say estes lay off is permanent no hire back you are wrong jim houston texas # 165 laid off 13 dock workers around nov 2006.they did rehire a few of those guys back never did even to call any drivers back. a few of those drivers did call the houston terminal they were told nothing is going on here we do not have any extra freight laying around

So they hired back low paid dock workers. Boise laid off 2 line drivers in Jan. around April we hired a P&D driver. TM was told to hire a new guy and not call back one of the drivers laid off. These drivers had one year and less than one year in the company so they where not top scale. They also are good drivers. I was told it is Estes policy to not put laid off employees back to work, maybe thats just drivers.

CHECK THE FRICKEN NEWSPAPERS!!! if you dont like your job you look for a new one OMFG. and if your old job is in the paper you put in an app, if you were a good employee then you should get your job back if you were a crappy employee, well i would say you know what will happen BUT beings everything has to be spelled out, you wont get your job back.
1st, when you have a family, they come first, not whether or not your job is the best. When in a tight matter, you take what is there to put food in the mouths. RESPONSIBILTY. Yeah, then you keep checking the want ads. And as far as re-applying for a job in the paper that you were laid off from is what this is all about. The ad should not be in the paper until you have been offered the job and refused it. If you accept it, no reason to waste the money in the paper, right?

:butt kiss:

Right on jimdowning. couldnt have said it better myself. Firing crap and keeping good is not in the Richmond consciousness.

I know this post is not on topic. But here's my take on what's happening right now. Everyone, currently employeed at Estes, layed off, or former employees, whatever, are watching these moves they (Estes) are making. Trying to make heads or tails of it all. Some of you are trying to keep a positive outlook on the situation. Others not. But all of these operational changes (in my view) are the result of desperation. Richmond is in survival mode. When a company is in that frame of mind, they tend to react irrationally. Now I'm not saying what they are doing is irrational. But I am saying that when a driver is driving his four wheeler to work, and in the back of his mind he's thinking what have they changed today that is going to affect me unfairly. It is perceived as unstable, irrational behavior. Especially when there is no clear explanation for such decisions.

OHH give us a break who paid you to write that. It's not the people on here that damage a company's reputation. It's the company themselfs that do it-To themselfs. Finally, because of that they deserve the reputation they have now. What do you think out of 15,000 employees when half or more are complaining they can't all be liars. There's good reasons employees are complaining.

OHH give us a break who paid you to write that. It's not the people on here that damage a company's reputation. It's the company themselfs that do it-To themselfs. Finally, because of that they deserve the reputation they have now. What do you think out of 15,000 employees when half or more are complaining they can't all be liars. There's good reasons employees are complaining.

I really do try to post here with clear english. I try to structure my sentences so my points are easy to understand. But I guess I must have failed on my previous message. Is it me folks? Or do I need to draw him pictures?

I really do try to post here with clear english. I try to structure my sentences so my points are easy to understand. But I guess I must have failed on my previous message. Is it me folks? Or do I need to draw him pictures?
I guess pics, but hopefully pics with, umm, oh well not the right site for those!

Now we are going to learn by pictures. Wow lets all go back to school and get the finger pointing paint out. Lets not get it on Sally no you can't eat that John Boy:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I thought the original post was actually good ( man I am going to hell agreeing with the jumpsuit devil:furious: ). I think they just didnt read the post.