No call backs!!

maverickbubba

TB Lurker
Credits
Man I cant get a callback. WTH!! :17: I put my apps in at USF and PFG a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I have called and only got voice mails. Any Ideals?:shrug:

Ok I would keep trying. My buddy when he applied at sysco asian foods it took them 3 or 4 weeks to call him. Hang in there

I have a buddy thats a area manager at PFG thats pulling for me. I would like to work at US cause the money is better, but i would take either one at this point.

Just keep after them Maverick! Make sure that they have no doubt that your interested, I pestered Sysco pretty hard, I wore the driver supervisor's voice mail out.

I agree with GT keep pestering him.

GT you wore out his voicemail. You all wear us out with your postings lol jk

I agree with GT keep pestering him.

GT you wore out his voicemail. You all wear us out with your postings lol jk

I know Brother..LOL..if you look at my profile you will see how good lookin I am, and you know my postings are just as interesting as I am handsome...my Mom says so...LOL!!!!!! :couch:

My buddy at PFG called today said the boss wants to talk to me next week. At least thats something right? He said they never could find my app online. I miss the days you just went to the office and filled the app out.
He also said the drivers are under pressure to get the job done do you think you can handle it. We were both I/Os at Sara Lee (own the route). I been in the route biz for 10 years from coke,bread,milk,sundrop, and now at FedEx on a ground route with 70 plus stops. I have thrown chains on a flatbed for 2 years.

I don't think it would be any different. I know its hard work but I'm use to that I give my all no matter what job I do. Yall impute would be appreciated

Thats great news so far maverick. Yeah its hard work but once you get use to it you'll do fine. Yeah its kinda like pop but no rotating which is the best part. Its been over a year since I've done route delivery now that I got a old mans job lol but I might be going back to it this fall if everything goes thru. Good luck and you'll do just fine.

BTW I did pop for about a year then I went to food and it is much easier then pop in my opinion

Let's see, 10 years route experience doing a varity of diiferentb types of routes, plus flat bedding, hmmmmmm, I say you will do good.

Thanks guys. I don't mind hard work I just want to get paid good to do it. I always said the LORD didn't make me this big for nothing. He knew I was going have to work hard my entire life. Strong back weak mind! LOL:smile:

Thanks guys. I don't mind hard work I just want to get paid good to do it. I always said the LORD didn't make me this big for nothing. He knew I was going have to work hard my entire life. Strong back weak mind! LOL:smile:
I will tell you this, the big guys always do well at this job, its because they are so strong, endurance will come with time, its the average guys that fall out, I'm 5'9" and 180, thats about average and its the guys like me that leave seems like, I have seen really fat guys excell at doing this, but they are big and strong.

My buddy called and said the boss what to talk to me next week. This is at PFG nothing from US. I guess the guy at PFG has been busy he has been doing shuttling the last couple weeks the two jobs are still on the web site.
Talk to one of your SYSCO boyz Friday. Closest SYSCO place is south of Birmingham which is about 85 miles away.
Like I said I'm just tired of not making the money I need for my family. Haven't made good money since I came off the road. It would kill my boy if I went back on the road

My buddy called and said the boss what to talk to me next week. This is at PFG nothing from US. I guess the guy at PFG has been busy he has been doing shuttling the last couple weeks the two jobs are still on the web site.
Talk to one of your SYSCO boyz Friday. Closest SYSCO place is south of Birmingham which is about 85 miles away.
Like I said I'm just tired of not making the money I need for my family. Haven't made good money since I came off the road. It would kill my boy if I went back on the road
Bubba, I'm going to assume thats your boy in your pic, good lookin little man, you should be proud! Also your right, you don't need to be on the road, my dad was the whole time I was growing up and I craved his attention, at 44 I still do believe it or not, growing up without a dad is long lasting, trust me.

Now I know you will make it and make the best of it, you are strong, and your motovated for your family, Just remember for WHEN you get hired, throwing groceries is all attitude, if your miserable, groceries will hand you all of it you can stand, if your attitude is good then you will be also.

Bubba PFG, US, Sysco, its different then the route work you have done, you will see what I'm talking about, I can usually pick a guy that will succeed or fail, I just recomended a hire here from pepsi, he has the best attitude I have ever seen, he can't fail!! I know you won't either, I haven't met you but you seem pretty awesome!

Thanks GT for your comments. Yeah thats my boy. He is a awesome kid. Know what you are saying about dads. I grew up in a single parents house too she had 2 or 3 jobs just to make it. I have 3 kids and always told myself I would never leave my kids without a dad. Thats why I could only stand 2 years on the road even though I loved driving otr. I do like route work its has some good perks.