No call backs!!

Thanks GT for your comments. Yeah thats my boy. He is a awesome kid. Know what you are saying about dads. I grew up in a single parents house too she had 2 or 3 jobs just to make it. I have 3 kids and always told myself I would never leave my kids without a dad. Thats why I could only stand 2 years on the road even though I loved driving otr. I do like route work its has some good perks.
You deserve a good job in foodservice, some don't and still have it, the money is good and the rewards are sometimes better, there is a point in every mans life where we have to make hard decisions in regard to family, work, and life, I think your priorities are in check, this is why I think you will excell at the job! You have such a good attitude and that is so important in this line of work, the work is so demanding, we have to be positive.

Wow lots of posts today. First of all GT you got a big fight in the lil chihuahua? Haha gotta pick on you.

Bubba i know what you mean. Im almost 25 been drivimg for almost 6 years. Ive done 5 months over the road and now i got my son i could never go back to it. Ive done foodservice for 3 years and freight for a year. There were days i hated foodservice because i didnt want to unload but when i think how stressful it was doing freight having to make deliveries and pickups at the same time and having to go back out after you finished your route.

I hope you get a job at PFG or US. Its nice to see someone wanting to work hard for there families rather sit at home on unemployment.

Good luck bubba and i hope you stay on these boards with us. We need more people here in the foodservice section

Called my buddy today at PFG. he gave the boss my number, but he was having a rough day like me today. They had a driver in Brimingham quit today. Already short handed now one more they had to double up. I guess thats good for me.

Oh yeah Got the call from PFG today. He is gonna call me back to set up a interveiw. He said we have lots of work for you to do.

Oh yeah Got the call from PFG today. He is gonna call me back to set up a interveiw. He said we have lots of work for you to do.
Awesome Bubba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your gonna like it there I know I did, the only reason I quit PFG is because I needed to move back home to Tulsa OK, sadly PFG wasn't willing to put a truck up here so I moved on to Sysco, I'm proud of you Brother!!! Your gonna love it!!!!

Yeah I got the dear john letter from US. But PFG called today to set up a interview for Wednesday @ 11 but I have to work all day. He is calling back tomorrow to figure something out. The one boss said he would hired me today on just what he heard (thanks Jim ). the one at corp. said they would come to me. They must really need help! May just have to call in Wednesday

At FedEx my boss is having a hard time. Two in a wreck last week one in a FedEx truck the other in his personnel car, and found out I looking for another job.

I think everything will be fine. Did your fedex boss say anything to you when he found out you were looking? Sounds pretty good at PFG. I hope you can make it

Had the interview today. Watch the video, they talked about how things are done and the pay scale. Then they asked if that would be something I would be interest in. I said yeah. Then they had me fill out paper work and started setting up appointment for drug tests and everything, and asked what kind of notice I wanted to give. I would say I got the job.
Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP LOL! I told the guys that the pays almost twice as much as I make now. He said we will work you four times as hard! I told him dint worry about the mule just load the wagon. LOL.
As for my boss at fedup he was pretty cool. He meet me on the route and even let me use his car to go back to my car so I could go to the interview

maverickbubba,

darkside-1.jpg

Had the interview today. Watch the video, they talked about how things are done and the pay scale. Then they asked if that would be something I would be interest in. I said yeah. Then they had me fill out paper work and started setting up appointment for drug tests and everything, and asked what kind of notice I wanted to give. I would say I got the job.
Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP LOL! I told the guys that the pays almost twice as much as I make now. He said we will work you four times as hard! I told him dint worry about the mule just load the wagon. LOL.
As for my boss at fedup he was pretty cool. He meet me on the route and even let me use his car to go back to my car so I could go to the interview
Awesome Bubba!!! I'm proud of you!! We were starting to wonder what happened, Congrats and God speed, please keep us updated on the process!!

Yeah just been tired and didn't feel like even getting on the computer. Well indeed keep y'all posted. Thanks for the help. Hope I can do y'all proud. Thinking about starting a thread on PFG to let others know whats its like. What do y'all think?

Yeah just been tired and didn't feel like even getting on the computer. Well indeed keep y'all posted. Thanks for the help. Hope I can do y'all proud. Thinking about starting a thread on PFG to let others know whats its like. What do y'all think?
Great Bubba, please do start a thread, see if we can get that board going, don't get flustered if it don't, the food section has been slow when it comes to specific boards, I will do what I can to help you get it started though, when you get on the best thing to do is tell your co workers, write TB's address down on a card and give it to your guys.

CONGRATS bubba!! Welcome to our lil food family. Youll do just fine and get a picture of your truck when you get it.

Your boss at fedex seems cool. Im suprised he let you use his car to go to the interview.

Thanks guys. I done the work well test Friday and take the physical Monday. I'm gonna give FedEx a week or two to find someone. It takes forever for FedEx to approve someone.
Money, the reason he let me drive his car back to mine he needs me now. He cant even drive his own FedEx truck. So he kinda in a spot he has no one else.
Never the less I'm excited about starting with PFG. My wife is too she gets to quit one of jobs. LOL

Well I got the call today! Start orientation Monday. Man am I'm ready all I hope is they have better management than FedEx. I got a little heated today and told the contractor if i got the call today i was going to take the truck to his dads house and leave it. Of coarse it was just anger talking. PFG wanted me to start Thursday but i told i couldn't do that to him so we came up with Monday