ABF | No COLA Raise This Year !!!

Steward of the Rock

TB Veteran
Credits
Earlier today my business agent faxed me an update from the IBT stating that we would not be receiving any COLA raise this year. The memo stated that the COLA raise for this year had already been figured in with the negotiated wage increase under the new NMFA. Our wage increase for this first year is .50 cents and the COLA raise we should have received was around .16 cents. So I guess this means that our actual wage increase for the first year of the contract was really more like .34 cents per hour (.50 minus .16 equals .34). My question is this. Since the COLA is based on the CPI-W from January 07' to January 08', then why are we not getting the COLA raise along with the .50 cent raise as was the intent of Article 33 of the NMFA? Am I the only person that is bothered by this oversight as we were told that the COLA was mantained in this new contract?:nutkick:

Im kinda new at this. What do we do about it? I was thinking of posting a letter similar to this msg in the drivers room so they would do something about this.