Yellow | No Cola

Even though we probably will never ever see another cola in our life times we will always have the song Lola by the The Kinks and I think it says cherry cola in it too.... :whistling:

Great song!!

Since the January 2008 CPI-W was 206.744, all it has to do is be slightly greater than 213.946 in January 2009 in order for us to get a 5 cent (minimum) COLA increase in April 2009.

Keep your fingers crossed!! :1036316054:

Great song!!

Since the January 2008 CPI-W was 206.744, all it has to do is be slightly greater than 213.946 in January 2009 in order for us to get a 5 cent (minimum) COLA increase in April 2009.

Keep your fingers crossed!! :1036316054:

Personally, I'd rather see the gov do something about the economy and job losses to turn the tide of inflation and prop back up the value of the dollar. This in my opinion is a better alternative then hoping for inflation levels to climb enough to give us an extra nickel per hour in our pockets.

Personally, I'd rather see the gov do something about the economy and job losses to turn the tide of inflation and prop back up the value of the dollar. This in my opinion is a better alternative then hoping for inflation levels to climb enough to give us an extra nickel per hour in our pockets.

I totally agree with you. I was just running the numbers to see what the inflation level would have to be next January in order to have the COLA kick in. :1036316054:

Triplex,

I'm sure the inflation levels we are seeing now is just the tip of the iceburg. I have no doubt that we may be on the verge of runaway inflation. I'm just hoping that there is an economy and commerce, come time for the next COLA.