Central Transport | No Freight

my terminal cannot get parts to fix trucks or tires. half the fleet needs new rubber and pitt will not send any down.outside vender came to terminal to collect money owed to them,our t.m. told them to call corperate.seems like corperate is up to their old ways of not paying the bills.

i got 10 new tires monday on my assigned tractor !!!!

i think we r starting to feel the pains of damaged freight late shipments and over all bad customer service u can t keep screwing up freight and expect to keep hauling it no matter how cheep u do it. we cant even get the freight ct is hauling guess we r the bottom of the barrel now

Earlier this week I had bad paperwork, said 1 skid but was 3, or said 2 and only 1, I sure looked silly in front of customer calling in to resolve only to be told it was a billing issue. I know they do 10,000 bills a night, so mistakes can happen, but shouldn't the dock guys notice how many skids they are loading and mark their sheets that way then the person printing them compare skid counts?

Earlier this week I had bad paperwork, said 1 skid but was 3, or said 2 and only 1, I sure looked silly in front of customer calling in to resolve only to be told it was a billing issue. I know they do 10,000 bills a night, so mistakes can happen, but shouldn't the dock guys notice how many skids they are loading and mark their sheets that way then the person printing them compare skid counts?

sometimes i see it written on the paperwork of the dockworkers bills, but does'nt get written or adjusted on our bills. hell, that can't even make appts when it's clearly stated on the bill or send it out when it's stated on the bill that they're closed or they'll have the hours posted on the bill showing it's a late opener and they make it your first stop. then we have the post office issue with th 8125's. how many years have we been doing this acct and you still can't provide the proper paperwork? and if the delivery has a street named after a tree, it's most likely a residential (and needs an appt) oak, maple, ect.. ARRG!

I am a Con-Way driver and I see freight volume problems at our place also. Things are slowing down and we had some lay-offs. Instead of trying to keep people busy, they increase the amount of sub-service trailers they load to eliminate runs. Nothing like cutting the throats of your own drivers for the sake of corporate greed.

If they get called back before 120 days, they keep their seniority. After 120 days they have to start all over again. Including all of the training.

Believe me, you guys are not the only ones with problems. You should do some reading about us. There is so much hate and mis-trust for our management it is pathetic. Morale is at a all time low.

I like walking down the dock and hearing pallets crunch after the forklift driver yells WTF, why won't it fit!!! If you say something to the Super, you will be the one s**t on the next day for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong

i work at abf in cleveland, no lay offs. guys getting o.t,and morale is high. love goingh to work !!! great place to work and i am at the bottom of the board

Another night off. This makes 3 weeks in a row down to 4 nights a week if I'm lucky. Seems like 4-5 line-haul drivers sit home every Tuesday night and some on Wednesday. Toledo is suppose to be a hub.

I have missed one day a week on P&D for a few weeks here too, instead of by seniority, days off go by but kissing. Have not heard of any of our line hauls staying home, but have not asked either

I understand what your saying about seniority, but when has Pjax/Vitran ever honored seniority. I have 5 guys under me and they worked when I was off. The line-haul dept. in Indy sets up the loads and determines who is working. Our senior drivers are not affected just the guys at the bottom of the board. There is a lot of favoritism too. Since there is no employee handbook the company can make up the rules as the game goes on.

Senior guys should not be affected. We paid our dues. I was given so many days off when I first got into LH it isnt funny. One year I worked 1 day in a 10 day stretch around xmas and new years, and that was a col turn so suck it up