Central Transport | No Freight

The way it USUALLY works is calling most senior first, then working downhill asking for volunteers, when it gets to bottom it goes up ordering you off until the magic number is hit.

That is why if a senior one is off here, it is usually their choice, but I know of 2 times this summer they were ordered off otherwise lower ones would have been off 3 or 4 days one week and quit.

it should be done this way to be fair for everyone. if barn is slow, ask from the top if they want to use vac day or pto day, and move down the senority list, and if no1 bites on it then from the bottom up tell them to stay home, now that is fair, i dont care what anyone says, but yet these t.m's these days think since they sit in the big chair they can make up their rules when it suits them best, they are just a little smudge of chalk on a huge chalk filled blackboard, thats y they dont last more then 3 yrs at the most, cuz after about a year the big wigs realize who is great and who is a bust. I have been here 5yrs, and the guy who hired me is still here, and he knows the freight business. The first thing he told me when he hired me is this "this is a place of business, I am not here to make friends, yes we can laugh and joke but the work has to be done, so if you are not cutting it, its not personal when I have to let you go" If more managers would be up front with their agenda, and not tell us what we want to hear or make up things as we go along, or say something just to get under our skin, or just to get us out of his office cuz we are bothering him from getting to a higher level in angry birds. we are all grown men and women here, not children, we demand respect, and damit we should get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts too, BS in the lot, talk stupid, act dumb, but after you punch in, it is nothing personal, business is business until you punch out.

it should be done this way to be fair for everyone. if barn is slow, ask from the top if they want to use vac day or pto day, and move down the senority list, and if no1 bites on it then from the bottom up tell them to stay home, now that is fair, i dont care what anyone says, but yet these t.m's these days think since they sit in the big chair they can make up their rules when it suits them best, they are just a little smudge of chalk on a huge chalk filled blackboard, thats y they dont last more then 3 yrs at the most, cuz after about a year the big wigs realize who is great and who is a bust. I have been here 5yrs, and the guy who hired me is still here, and he knows the freight business. The first thing he told me when he hired me is this "this is a place of business, I am not here to make friends, yes we can laugh and joke but the work has to be done, so if you are not cutting it, its not personal when I have to let you go" If more managers would be up front with their agenda, and not tell us what we want to hear or make up things as we go along, or say something just to get under our skin, or just to get us out of his office cuz we are bothering him from getting to a higher level in angry birds. we are all grown men and women here, not children, we demand respect, and damit we should get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grr term? g.f. ?

I think we are starting to see a holding pattern until after the election.

I've been at this game for almost 27 years driver. We see the slowdowns and the upticks months before the rest of the economy and this one is industry wide. It's not just this company. I would not overspend for the upcoming holidays, use your head on this one. You may not be able to make that bigger credit card payment like you think. As for the election--out of 325,000,000 people in this country, those 2 are the best we can do??? Mark me still undecided.

I've been at this game for almost 27 years driver. We see the slowdowns and the upticks months before the rest of the economy and this one is industry wide. It's not just this company. I would not overspend for the upcoming holidays, use your head on this one. You may not be able to make that bigger credit card payment like you think. As for the election--out of 325,000,000 people in this country, those 2 are the best we can do??? Mark me still undecided.

Like anyone with an IQ over 50 knows, those most qualified will not take the office (kinda like ignorant people complaining about jury duty, you can get off if you try) I made the comment a long time ago that we need a smart person like Warren Buffet to run the money, storm'n Norman to run the Military, and an honest CEO to run the rest (if we can find one anymore)

Considering we are still on rotating days off, there are a few drivers they could just give pink slips to who screw the company from when they punch in to when they punch out. If 10% of your terminals drivers get one more hour a day of doing nothing while being paid, how many thousands a day (and millions a year) are just being thrown out the door?

No work again tonight. We haul nothing but empty trailers out of Pittsburgh going west. The funny thing about it is they have a ad for LH drivers on Careerbuilder in Toledo when they don't have work for the drivers they have now.

we have same thing here "we need to hire more drivers" this talk came around this last summer with CK's idea our freight base was going to explode,,,, well, no explosion (more like implosion)

we hired 3 city drivers last month and a line haul driver, all of them worthless. we dont even have enough trucks for them to drive or freight.
we have same thing here "we need to hire more drivers" this talk came around this last summer with CK's idea our freight base was going to explode,,,, well, no explosion (more like implosion)

our terminal is working linehaul drivers on city drops to eliminate overtime to p&d drivers.

ours do the short drop and hook runs while our trailers are being loaded too. seems as though even if a p&d does not get his 40, he is still not allowed to do that kind of work.

No work again tonight. We have 6 drivers off, but yet they have a ad on Careerbuilder and the local newspaper for linehaul drivers in Toledo. I hear they are going to open a satellite terminal in Jackson,MI and Lima,OH to better service those areas. They hired new city drivers too. They needed two hands and a pulse to qualify.

Last edited by a moderator: