Central Transport | No Freight

No work again last night, 8 L/H drivers off. I thought TOL was suppose to be a hub?

This is what happens when damages are out of control, lost shipments for weeks, claims don't get paid, on time service is 82%, 500 missed pick ups a day, run off top talent who will then cherry pick accounts.

This is what happens when damages are out of control, lost shipments for weeks, claims don't get paid, on time service is 82%, 500 missed pick ups a day, run off top talent who will then cherry pick accounts.

that's what happens when you get out at 11 with 4 hours of deliveries and some pickups don't ship after 2 or 3.

No work again tonight. I'm lucky to get 2 nights a week. I think it's time to file for unemployment. I talk to friends that drive for USF and Dayton Freight and their busy, go figure.

No work again tonight. I'm lucky to get 2 nights a week. I think it's time to file for unemployment. I talk to friends that drive for USF and Dayton Freight and their busy, go figure.

I hope CK is seeing your posts. Brother, you are right in the "buttered bread basket" of the Vitran service area. I know your run LH out of COL or CLV and if your not getting work out of the bread basket, ain't no one gonna get their bread buttered moving forward. This is ridiculous guys, a friend at Holland told me they are hiring 15 linehaul drivers in CHI, 5 in CLV and 7 in IND. Good luck brother, we all need it.

i know we have 2 of our 6 off tonight too, first time in a while, so far this week most p&d leaving with 3/4 or better loads, but inbound tonight was only 62% capacity. someone put the brakes again? we have been steady since after the 1st, now wammy

check with your state, here it is 32 hours for hourly people, and 66% of weekly income for miles or daily salary people. if i didn't get my 32 i would sign up for $20, money is money

check with your state, here it is 32 hours for hourly people, and 66% of weekly income for miles or daily salary people. if i didn't get my 32 i would sign up for $20, money is money

Ohio pays a certain amount per week depending how many dependents you claim. So for example if you claim 0 dependents and the weekly benefit amount is $350 and you only work a couple of days and you gross more than $350 then you get nothing as far as a partial benefit. See Vitran knows this that's why they give you a couple days a week so you can't get anything.

between all the accounts we have lost through poor service and the ones who recently followed our departed sales reps, we have drastically dropped our bill count. and i don't think it's over yet.

Down South, our customers do not stay with us because of our sales reps, they stay because of good and even exceptioonal service. Remember what I said about "On-Time and Intact???

between all the accounts we have lost through poor service and the ones who recently followed our departed sales reps, we have drastically dropped our bill count. and i don't think it's over yet.

Exactly! . . . and the Mgrs that left will cherry pick their old Vjax terminal for the best drivers and the SalesReps will cherry pick all the best accounts. However I am pretty sure Vjack will keep lumber liquidators and that crappy logistic account that has pickups at junk yards.

Exactly! . . . and the Mgrs that left will cherry pick their old Vjax terminal for the best drivers and the SalesReps will cherry pick all the best accounts. However I am pretty sure Vjack will keep lumber liquidators and that crappy logistic account that has pickups at junk yards.
Hey, don't knock that. I've found some good part's for my old truck at those....LOL

But...things are "getting better"

H45Ut.gif

We hear it all of the time, nearly everyday... ask for that extra skid at each stop, ask them what will it take for more business??? For starters, I care about my customers. I know that they are already placing their merchandise at risk when they call us. At risk for damage, theft, arriving late and getting lost. Not neccessarily all at the same time or in that particular order, but yes, that has happened! And yall know what? WE, at the final delivery end are the ones who see the dissappointment in the eyes of the consignee, ( and sometimes the shipper as well). Our "Service" center manger nor our sales reps accompany us to the delivery where such a problem occurs. They like to promise them the moon and when the excrement collides with the fan, who is left trying to explain what happened to their freight? We are of course! I do not DISCOURAGE shipping via Vitran by no means. I just dont believe I could forgive myself for getting that shipper to place that extra shipment on my trailer, only to have to see him/her next week and beg for forgiveness!