SAIA | No lunch

just wandering how many drivers get screwed ou of their lunch break every day it seems the terminal managers have this down pat. 30 min multiplied by 8 or 10 times a day can help out alot on the daily numbers if you know what i mean.:popcorn:

Uummm I don’t know what you mean?? Every employee working more than 6 hours gets a lunch!! If you don’t take it and let them take it out of your check its your own fault!!

take your lunch man I dont care if its 6pm, if you dont take it its your fault because the tm is going to take that 30minutes from you regardless.

take your lunch man I dont care if its 6pm, if you dont take it its your fault because the tm is going to take that 30minutes from you regardless.

I did that many times. Not having enough time between deliveries and pickups to take a lunch, plenty of lunch breaks were taken at the end of the day. Just remember if you don't take your lunch it is the equivalent of paying the company $10+ for the privilege of working straight thru.

just wandering how many drivers get screwed ou of their lunch break every day it seems the terminal managers have this down pat. 30 min multiplied by 8 or 10 times a day can help out alot on the daily numbers if you know what i mean.:popcorn:

DUDE! Take your lunch break. If you are in the 20.00/hour bracket, that is roughly 2500.00/year you give the company and it only hurts YOU. You will NEVER gain a thing for not taking your lunch.

When I was a city driver if you did not take a lunch, you just get a supervisor to write N/L on you time card. A couple of months ago I heard they stopped allowing supervisors to do that. I would usually work straight through the day until all my pickups and deliveries were finished, and then take my lunch. If it was too late I just got my time card signed. I mainly took it so I would not be the first one back in and get a screwing after coming in early.

As a linehaul driver; I want to thank all of the city drivers that don't take a lunch. It's just a small way to give your part as a team player. Thanks for all you do going forward.:biglaugh:

I came up with a idea so everyone would be happy!! Don’t take your lunch and forget about them signing your card NO LUNCH!! Have them add the 30 minutes to my pay!! Seriously you have to remind the dispatcher you haven’t taken a lunch!! If they are not letting you take a lunch call HR in Atlanta!! I wouldn’t give my name but I would let them know what’s going on with the lunches!! Like other trucker said its 2,500 per year!!

If you want a real taste of how much money is saved by drivers not taking a lunch, multiply that 2500.00 per year X 500 employees.

I did that many times. Not having enough time between deliveries and pickups to take a lunch, plenty of lunch breaks were taken at the end of the day. Just remember if you don't take your lunch it is the equivalent of paying the company $10+ for the privilege of working straight thru.

10.75 a day if you aren't taking it EVERY day. well over 2K a year.

just so you guys know im not an idiot i was just curious how many drivers get taken advantage of when they try to help out. as of the last few months i have been taking my lunch at first i was holding out and doing it at the end of the day when i got back to the terminal until they quit writing us out so i could get the freight in on time to make the early cut times. but like anything else you do to try to help out here it was not appreciated one bit so i said heck with it now i take it usually sometime between 6 and 7 pm this really dont set well with the outbound supervisor because cut times start at 8:00pm but i just dont care anymore i told them if they cant plan out my run so i can take it early in the day they can just wait on me at crunch time

just so you guys know im not an idiot i was just curious how many drivers get taken advantage of when they try to help out. as of the last few months i have been taking my lunch at first i was holding out and doing it at the end of the day when i got back to the terminal until they quit writing us out so i could get the freight in on time to make the early cut times. but like anything else you do to try to help out here it was not appreciated one bit so i said heck with it now i take it usually sometime between 6 and 7 pm this really dont set well with the outbound supervisor because cut times start at 8:00pm but i just dont care anymore i told them if they cant plan out my run so i can take it early in the day they can just wait on me at crunch time

You have to keep in mind that you were screwed when you took the job. How far, deep, or long is up to you. You have a job to do and the ball is almost in your hand. If you can't get a lunch at "lunch time" and if 6pm or later is not good with you OBM, why not consider maybe two 15 minute breaks at different points of the day? You will not get a quality lunch or even anything you want to eat BUT, you do get nourishment and bathroom privileges. Bottom line is, YOU have a good paying job. not with the best of companies BUT a GOOD paying job. Take into consideration that myself and others have been there done that, bought the hat and shirt, worn them out and still did not do enough for the company. An old frien to me to "Ride the wave till it crashes". I laughed at him. HE is still working.:duh:

Well silly us!! From your original post it kind of read like you were getting screwed!! As it turns out we were the ones getting screwed out of our time responding to your post!!

Well silly us!! From your original post it kind of read like you were getting screwed!! As it turns out we were the ones getting screwed out of our time responding to your post!!

as far as getting screwed that hapens on a daily basis with this outfit in many ways :bowdown:sorry i wasted your precious time just trying to make conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

Good to see you guys are so busy you have no time for lunch. You could be slow and not be working then you could have lunch all day with no pay.

Good to see you guys are so busy you have no time for lunch. You could be slow and not be working then you could have lunch all day with no pay.

That's not the Saia way. Management lets enough guys off each day to make the numbers look right then overloads the deliveries so by the time the driver finishes delivering, he has a dozen pickup calls waiting on him all closing before 3 p.m. By the time those are taken care of, here comes some more. You look up and all of a sudden it's time to head back to the barn.