Yellow | No money for the sheep

Then why haven't they done it already rather than stay and whine constantly?
most of them have...it is us old timers that are hanging on for just a little while longer....and the newbies that are just getting experience before they go elsewhere...who is whining and complaining?
If you interpret my opinions that way...the truth hurts, doesn't it??..

The majority of the old timers will vote no, the newbies will vote yes to get a little more experience before they move on

"pay the rate or lock the gate"

How about "new trucks, trailers, forklifts, improvements to terminals" means investment in the tools the company needs to better serve the customer and thereby increase profitability which would mean we would have a better chance of wage increases? Naw, what am I thinking, it's just a big plan to keep our wages low. Yea, that's it.
wow Triplex...what floor is your office on in the corporate office?

most of them have...it is us old timers that are hanging on for just a little while longer....and the newbies that are just getting experience before they go elsewhere...who is whining and complaining?

The majority of the old timers will vote no, the newbies will vote yes to get a little more experience before they move on

You know why so many Teamsters walk so funny? Because they shoot themselves in the foot so often. I'm one of those "old timers" who has seen dozens of good Teamster jobs disappear over the decades to be replaced so often by non-union jobs. Doesn't that tell you something?

It's the penthouse of course. Can't you tell?
well, the others guys are in the "Out House"
I enjoy your posts, but won't get in a debate..will be very interesting ...at least YRC isn't building up its non union assets like the good ole boys (and of course, gal) are doing in R-Kan-Saw....look forward to the future..well, maybe not...saving up all I can..only have 2 years left

You know why so many Teamsters walk so funny? Because they shoot themselves in the foot so often. I'm one of those "old timers" who has seen dozens of good Teamster jobs disappear over the decades to be replaced so often by non-union jobs. Doesn't that tell you something?
I thought it was because of being stuck in the buttocks by management (?)

With my better days behind me. I don’t have 5 or 10 more years at YRC so I need to make as much as I can now.

well, the others guys are in the "Out House"
I enjoy your posts, but won't get in a debate..will be very interesting ...at least YRC isn't building up its non union assets like the good ole boys (and of course, gal) are doing in R-Kan-Saw....look forward to the future..well, maybe not...saving up all I can..only have 2 years left

We're all in the "out house" 6pak, but what are the options? No one, including me, likes taking a pay cut. When we're dealing with a profitable, money making company it makes perfect sense to fight for a bigger share of the profits. In our case we're dealing with a company struggling to recover from some earlier stupid management decisions that put them in a bad financial position. The choices are simple - work with them in the hope of a recovery that's good for them and us or leave for one of those plentiful "better" jobs that are out there. It's not that complicated.

You do realize that YRCW companies ARE paying the contractually agreed rate.

What does that have to do with staying at a job where you're unhappy and constantly whining? I don't quite understand your point.
Pride wasn't the right word. I've deleted the post along with two others. Went a little off the rails. None of my business.

We're all in the "out house" 6pak, but what are the options? No one, including me, likes taking a pay cut. When we're dealing with a profitable, money making company it makes perfect sense to fight for a bigger share of the profits. In our case we're dealing with a company struggling to recover from some earlier stupid management decisions that put them in a bad financial position. The choices are simple - work with them in the hope of a recovery that's good for them and us or leave for one of those plentiful "better" jobs that are out there. It's not that complicated.

Trip, these guys never look on the bright side of being on the low end pay scale.
If they had a high paying job, you just pay more tax.
Like I said before, I had a guy offer me a job, said he would pay me what I was worth, of course I turned him down
I was pretty sure I couldn't live off that, I'm still unemployed.

How about "new trucks, trailers, forklifts, improvements to terminals" means investment in the tools the company needs to better serve the customer and thereby increase profitability which would mean we would have a better chance of wage increases? Naw, what am I thinking, it's just a big plan to keep our wages low. Yea, that's it.
Your right but all the investments in equipment, facilities and technology are useless if they don’t invest in the workforce that is needed to put all that stuff to good use. If we can’t move freight efficiently with junk because we are short on drivers we will still be short on drivers with better equipment won’t we ?

Trip, these guys never look on the bright side of being on the low end pay scale.
If they had a high paying job, you just pay more tax.
Like I said before, I had a guy offer me a job, said he would pay me what I was worth, of course I turned him down
I was pretty sure I couldn't live off that, I'm still unemployed.
Ironically enough, I suspect that’s why so many unhappy employees remain. I purposely did not call them Teamsters. Because if they are intentionally giving less than 100% effort, they are not Teamsters. And certainly not MY brothers or sisters!

With what I am hearing first hand of problems at the regionals and their ability to operate profitably (and current lack thereof), they should reinstate full pay and pension to them and get them stabilized. That would curb their hemorrhaging of experienced workers. Then once they're back up on plane they could work on improving things with the nationwide division.

Trip you are right, except you can't count, dozens? try thousands!
This foot shooting started back in the early 60s, when we failed to organize Overnite and Bowman.