ABF | "No more combining breaks"

Trailboss

TB Lurker
Credits
We were told today that no longer can we take lunch and breaks together by our operations manager, just the other day the terminal manager told us: "With this new contract, the culture of the company will not change"....yeah....right!

We were told today that no longer can we take lunch and breaks together by our operations manager, just the other day the terminal manager told us: "With this new contract, the culture of the company will not change"....yeah....right!

So what!!! You should understand and thank them for trying to work with you all of those years. How is this associated with company culture in any way?

There is no contract language on this matter that I am aware of and past practice should stand if your union is willing to back you up. Breaks have been documented for years now and they should have no trouble obtaining the company's records on it. For them to suddenly change this constitutes an unfair labor practice if the issue was not agreed upon during negotiations. The key is whether or not your union will back you up. Those fat cats get all the breaks they want whenever they want and really don't care if you can't combine yours anymore.

Worlds gonna end now. Can't combine all breaks with the lunch. File a grievance.

Worlds gonna end now. Can't combine all breaks with the lunch. File a grievance.
Is that all you have to offer? I can answer that for you and the answer is...YES! When was the last time you actually added anything of substance to a discussion?

There is no contract language on this matter that I am aware of and past practice should stand if your union is willing to back you up. Breaks have been documented for years now and they should have no trouble obtaining the company's records on it. For them to suddenly change this constitutes an unfair labor practice if the issue was not agreed upon during negotiations. The key is whether or not your union will back you up. Those fat cats get all the breaks they want whenever they want and really don't care if you can't combine yours anymore.
yeah our union will get right on that. What a bunch of freakin bitching girls. Go do something constructive with your lives. I'm amazed with this cry baby crap

Whatever go40. I Find ourselves lucky we even get breaks with all the changes that are happening in our job market. If you haven't noticed our union is done with freight.
Your a clueless clown who doesn't deserve a union job.....

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe don't work for yrc....What do you care when they take breaks, its in the contract. All the time is accounted for so whats the big deal....

What's wrong with respecting an authoritive figure being a policeman, boss, pastor, military ????? It's disrespectful. Everytime a supervisor asks for something out of someone we automatically go in tear mode. I don't get it

What's wrong with respecting an authoritive figure being a policeman, boss, pastor, military ????? It's disrespectful. Everytime a supervisor asks for something out of someone we automatically go in tear mode. I don't get it
Don't know who that comment was for....

Whatever go40. I Find ourselves lucky we even get breaks with all the changes that are happening in our job market. If you haven't noticed our union is done with freight.

Luckily the Law hasn't changed like our job market One fifteen every 4 hours min.

One has been filed.
7% cut in pay, loss of vacation time, and 33% cut in breaks...and before the ink is dry, an established practice is trashed?

It sounds like you would fit in great at Old Dominion.

One has been filed.
7% cut in pay, loss of vacation time, and 33% cut in breaks...and before the ink is dry, an established practice is trashed?

It sounds like you would fit in great at Old Dominion.
Look at it this way, instead of one long nap, now you get three short naps. Now get back to work