FedEx Freight | No more milage pay for CA?

No I don't know where you worked but I have never seen a company do that unless you keep getting wrote up for the same thing. I guess it depends on what the screw ups are I could see it your way about showing up late and doing stupid stuff etc.

Your best post yet. At a micro management side you might be correct. But when it comes to a law suit, all bets are off. They play to win in these type of cases because it sets precedence.

Hey crazy go ask them to see your file. I can tell you what the answer will be.

Well I forgot your still young when you've been around a while longer you'll learn. But if you don't think any past indiscretions he committed won't be relevant you are crazy.

What are you talking bout? I have been over this before, ive been around for a long time your second hand info is lacking. I really don't know how we got on this subject it doesn't apply to him.

Are you screwing with me? Companies routinely use past write ups to make a decision on discipline even your precious union companies do that. If you have a screw up it perfectly normal for them to use your past and it should be. If I keep my nose clean I should get a little more leeway than a guy with a bad track record. If you're to dense to see that I think you're a lost cause.

Low boy Tractor trailer driver you left out an important part their.I would hope that a good union member ( even on withdrawal ) would know the company can only go back 6 months on discipline and then it would only hold true for the same offense.
As far as keeping your nose clean to receive more leeway..... That explains a lot ....

Low boy Tractor trailer driver you left out an important part their.I would hope that a good union member ( even on withdrawal ) would know the company can only go back 6 months on discipline and then it would only hold true for the same offense.
As far as keeping your nose clean to receive more leeway..... That explains a lot ....
For the company yes...court of law no.

I think Fedex goes back a year on discipline, and who says it has to be the same offense? A problem employee is just that a problem most likely a problem is several areas. The union has no bearing on this because there is no contract language to specify and just because yours is six months doesn't mean theirs would be. Then as @Ump pointed out in a court setting the can go as far back as they want to establish a pattern.

Are you screwing with me? Companies routinely use past write ups to make a decision on discipline even your precious union companies do that. If you have a screw up it perfectly normal for them to use your past and it should be. If I keep my nose clean I should get a little more leeway than a guy with a bad track record. If you're to dense to see that I think you're a lost cause.

I notice you bust Crazy Truckers chops for grammar quite often; however, I'd just like to point out that you routinely misuse "to" and "too". It's rather annoying to me. Here, I'll give you an example of proper usage: I'd like John Deere to go away too, he's really only disrupting the forum.

Last edited:
I notice you bust Crazy Truckers chops for grammar quite often; however, I'd just like to point out that you routinely misuse "to" and "too". It's rather annoying to me. Here, I'll give you an example of proper usage: I'd like John Deere to go away too, he's really only disrupting the forum.

I like annoying you.

Hey crazy go ask them to see your file. I can tell you what the answer will be.
Actually they will send you a copy of all the documents in your file if you fill out a form. It takes about a week to get it after your request.

Reactions: Ump
I think Fedex goes back a year on discipline, and who says it has to be the same offense? A problem employee is just that a problem most likely a problem is several areas. The union has no bearing on this because there is no contract language to specify and just because yours is six months doesn't mean theirs would be. Then as @Ump pointed out in a court setting the can go as far back as they want to establish a pattern.
Just pointing out what working under a labor contract affords you and your rights. And your correct Fred can do anything he wants and change anything to meet his needs. The surf's bend over for the King Fredrick...
Wonder if Fred will hold his new airplane order over the NLRB's head for a decision in his favor ?
Oh to get back to being paid by the hour in Califorina not a bad idea when you sit in traffic all day.

Actually they will send you a copy of all the documents in your file if you fill out a form. It takes about a week to get it after your request.
Shouldn't take a week. They have them right there on site. You should be able to get access to your file when you ask.