Holland | No more Norcross

unionman

TB Lurker
Credits
Hollands Norcross Georgia terminal closing and operations moving back to the Ellenwood Terminal. Norcross employees will be dovetailed back into Ellenwoods city and road board respectively. Well I guess it was good while it lasted but now its back to reality and that long climb back up the seniorty board and packing big suitcases for some road drivers. Was told by terminal manager everybody will be in place by Jan 20th.

Hollands Norcross Georgia terminal closing and operations moving back to the Ellenwood Terminal. Norcross employees will be dovetailed back into Ellenwoods city and road board respectively. Well I guess it was good while it lasted but now its back to reality and that long climb back up the seniorty board and packing big suitcases for some road drivers. Was told by terminal manager everybody will be in place by Jan 20th.

Is Ellenwood the "Atlanta/AT" terminal? I know we send some freight to Norcross/NO and some to Atlanta/AT. Why are they closing the NO terminal?

As it has been told to me, the company that owns the norcross term has expressed a desire to buy out hollands lease for their own use and being that the atlanta term is only utilizing 100 of its 165 doors the company will have a change of opps meeting in Jan 07 with a move date of approx Feb 07. No jobs are expected to be lost and look for holland to purchase land in 07 in norcross for a return in 08.

Actually

Actually the change is to be heard Jan-23. More than 100 hundred doors are used in Ellenwood now but the norcross terminal was opened before anyone knew Holland was getting the Ellenwood terminal back in 04 and the norcross terminal wasn't cost effective as freight was delayed in Ellenwood by vias thru norcross and now there is ample room in Ellenwood. Therefore cost savings no management, overhead , no Norcross. I have doubts about future land purchases in norcross.

Last night we loaded out two or three bills for Norcross. Hope this is just another rumor that they are closing. Good luck to all.

Nope...just talked to the BA this morning and said they want to close it and move it all back to ATL. This will stop the claims by drivers (Norcross) who are laid off sitting at home while ATL drivers via and pick up the freight and vis-versa. No need to have 2 terminals in metro ATL when you have the old Dugan terminal to use.......KK

and if holland moves from Spartanburg SC to Greenville ,in with Roadway they will move 23 miles closer to Ga line

Yes it was good while it lasted!! But most of us believed it was just a matter of time since Atlanta was not using the whole terminal that they had (160 doors). But for the most part the majority of the orginal 10 that came out of Atlanta to Norcross will be able to hold a bid of some sort if they want without packing a big suitcase!! Most have 8-11 yrs senority. We will ask for our 10 bids that run great to be added to Atlanta's existing bids once the change takes affect.

I was there Friday when the regional V.P gave the news. He did say that he came from a meeting Monday in Chicago and that there was money in 2007 budget to purchase land up I-85 for Norcross. And that land would be purchased and to build a terminal around 90 drs give or take sometime in 2008?Time will tell I will not hold my breath.

In the mean time the Change will go to the committee on 23 Jan.2007 and once approved we will all be Atlanta again. Good luck to all involved in the move back to Atlanta we knew this would most likely happen some day, It has been nice and quiet and fun in Norcross while it lasted for the past 2 yrs.

yep

well I hate it for the guys that went up there and have had premium runs and have to come back quite away from the runs and seniorty they have enjoyed while gone. But like We both said , it was good while it lasted but now its back to reality and back up the board and way back up the board for some.

Oh yeah

Oh yeah that part about it being nice and quite in norcross. A lot of us in Ellenwood have thought the same thing here since the opening of norcross. Hope that doesn't change after Feb. Happy Newyear.