XPO | No More OT

Talk to your manager. Ask about some of the mandatory things that he will be asked to do. Ask about some of the things that the CSRs will be asked to do. In my opinion these things should have been happening a long time ago.

Getting in shape takes hard work. Staying in shape takes discipline. We are out of shape.
We are the beautiful woman that went and got fat. There's a super hot woman somewhere in all of that fat.

He is gone all the time now. Out looking for freight. Been trying to keep us busy. Hours have been cut. Dock hands laid off. And some guys have left, but no drivers have been let go. It's a tricky time. And I'm not going to be the one to try and make it all about me.

I trust that XPO will cut the fat. Some of that will be good for me. Some of it will not be good for me. I will continue to pull my weight here until it is clear to me that my efforts would be better spent holding some one else's wheel.

Not all change is good. But when things run bad you had better change something. That goes for the company and for the individuals that make up that company. They have a bottom line. And so does you and I and everyone else. In a company it's all about making money and keeping the customer happy. At home it's all about paying your bills and keeping the wife happy.

We got pictures of when we were much younger. Much skinnier. Probably still some things in the closet that we'll never wear again. When companies get to that point they have reached their end. And so it happened to Con-way. Now XPO will sift through the house and pick out those things of value and let the rest go.

He is gone all the time now. Out looking for freight. Been trying to keep us busy. Hours have been cut. Dock hands laid off. And some guys have left, but no drivers have been let go. It's a tricky time. And I'm not going to be the one to try and make it all about me.

I trust that XPO will cut the fat. Some of that will be good for me. Some of it will not be good for me. I will continue to pull my weight here until it is clear to me that my efforts would be better spent holding some one else's wheel.

Not all change is good. But when things run bad you had better change something. That goes for the company and for the individuals that make up that company. They have a bottom line. And so does you and I and everyone else. In a company it's all about making money and keeping the customer happy. At home it's all about paying your bills and keeping the wife happy.

We got pictures of when we were much younger. Much skinnier. Probably still some things in the closet that we'll never wear again. When companies get to that point they have reached their end. And so it happened to Con-way. Now XPO will sift through the house and pick out those things of value and let the rest go.
That's part of the changes - Managers have to make sales calls now.

Exactly. That is the same philosophy that I had at my last employer. When it became obvious that I was one of the few pulling their own weight........it was :sadwavey: time.

(And it's even worse when you have details that support your belief that management no longer cares either.)

I can't imagine it working well at all, at out barn the latest start time for city routes is noon. Latest OB dock start time is 1pm I believe. There have been night where our OB doesn't shut down untill well after 10. So if all the drivers are gone by 830 and all dock hands by 930 it seem as thou it will fall upon line haul drivers to shut down the OB... This should go over well..
If that happens I can already see the wet diapers and runny noses , They can't expect the senior drivers of night linehaul to do that their ROYALTY you know ! Then they'd have to learn to use a handheld and have to work like the other peasant drivers and they might get DIRTY XD

If that happens I can already see the wet diapers and runny noses , They can't expect the senior drivers of night linehaul to do that their ROYALTY you know ! Then they'd have to learn to use a handheld and have to work like the other peasant drivers and they might get DIRTY XD
I do t know where you work, but we already do this on linehaul.

I do t know where you work, but we already do this on linehaul.
Upnorth , it's been years since our linehaul drivers worked outbound at their home terminal. Outbound could be blown out , freight everywhere , and you see NO linehaul drivers helping. Not even drivers with short runs/low seniority.

When you ask management , "We have to preserve the linehaul drivers hours." What about the drivers that drive less than 50 miles from our terminal? Management , "They may get vias." So , they sit in the breakroom and wait for their loads to get closed out. The outbound supervisor may ask a linehaul driver if they would like to help but rarely order it.

Upnorth , it's been years since our linehaul drivers worked outbound at their home terminal. Outbound could be blown out , freight everywhere , and you see NO linehaul drivers helping. Not even drivers with short runs/low seniority.

When you ask management , "We have to preserve the linehaul drivers hours." What about the drivers that drive less than 50 miles from our terminal? Management , "They may get vias." So , they sit in the breakroom and wait for their loads to get closed out. The outbound supervisor may ask a linehaul driver if they would like to help but rarely order it.

The assault on empty miles. 50 mile run turns into a 500 night because they won't send you back empty.

i can see it if a driver has a long run. I know we have to stay off the clock until the loads are ready to preserve our hours, and even then we still get rescued several times a week. I'm guaranteed one to two hours a night at the fac.

I wish there was a dislike button on this board. I am senior driver and I work the dock almost every day.

I wish there was a dislike button on this board. I am senior driver and I work the dock almost every day.

Some guys with time enough to control their night go out and work. Those of us living off the via sheet sit and wait.

The way it was explained when I started was you could clock in on outbound if your loads weren't ready at your cut time. If that means I can't work the dock at the FAC, too damn bad. Better have 2 shut down in the box when I get there.

Was announced in outbound dock meeting this afternoon every dock worker and driver not still out in the city will be sent home at their 8. I know it's slow but is it really that slow? How long can this really last?

I've had days recently where I've had less than 8 hours. Today they sent me 23 miles out of my territory for 68 lbs of freight. But before I went I asked if I could check a regular shipper 3 miles from where I was, so I could be somewhat productive. I went to this place and they had tons of freight for OD, Estees, New Penn, Roadway, Fed-ex, NEMF, etc. etc, etc., but they had nothing for Conway/XPO. So I drove from there for 45 minutes for 23 miles through rush hour traffic to p/u 68 lbs. of freight. Then I brought the unit in and swiped out w/ 1 minute of OT.I hope my TM doesn't get upset w/ me for the 1 minute. Needless to say ...things are really slowwwwwwwwwwwww.Our I/B super even asked us to ask for additional shipment while at customers. :scratchhead:

I've had days recently where I've had less than 8 hours. Today they sent me 23 miles out of my territory for 68 lbs of freight. But before I went I asked if I could check a regular shipper 3 miles from where I was, so I could be somewhat productive. I went to this place and they had tons of freight for OD, Estees, New Penn, Roadway, Fed-ex, NEMF, etc. etc, etc., but they had nothing for Conway/XPO. So I drove from there for 45 minutes for 23 miles through rush hour traffic to p/u 68 lbs. of freight. Then I brought the unit in and swiped out w/ 1 minute of OT.I hope my TM doesn't get upset w/ me for the 1 minute. Needless to say ...things are really slowwwwwwwwwwwww.Our I/B super even asked us to ask for additional shipment while at customers. :scratchhead:

Profits profits profits. Gotta make money. Or keep cutting until you do.

Profits profits profits. Gotta make money. Or keep cutting until you do.

Agreed HS...but the fat has got to be cut some other place other than the P&D department. The trimming knife has currently cut us peddle guys down to the bone. We have 4-6 new guys sitting home by their phones everyday hoping and praying for some senior guys to take a day off so that they can get some hours. I've been obliging these guys right along for some time now. I haven't worked a full 5 day week now for about a month and a half. I like helping the jr.guys out but I've got to stop cause I'm cutting into my vacation PTO's.

Agreed HS...but the fat has got to be cut some other place other than the P&D department. The trimming knife has currently cut us peddle guys down to the bone. We have 4-6 new guys sitting home by their phones everyday hoping and praying for some senior guys to take a day off so that they can get some hours. I've been obliging these guys right along for some time now. I haven't worked a full 5 day week now for about a month and a half. I like helping the jr.guys out but I've got to stop cause I'm cutting into my vacation PTO's.
Your a good man for doing that. Every senior driver should burn a few pto days to keep the newbs working. We are going to need them when things pick up. There are two definite absolute truths. One, senior drivers have alot of PTO and two, things will pick up.

We have some guys do that on linehaul as well. More because they don't want to work then to help out the junior drivers. Last summer and fall, we sent a driver to work for your barn for several weeks. I guess you are now fully staffed! Now all we need is some freight! I talked to a friend recently that peddles for upsf in your area, he said they are keeping busy.