XPO | No More Sick Days

deviator

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone know if its true that starting next year our 10 sick days will be officially gone? and will be replaced with 5 personal days? Wonder if that would be a total of 7 PFH s...

Yeah right.....WTF was i just thinking..., 7 PFH s ???

If any of this is true....I'm sure it originated right from FAT BEARD'S desk. Thanx, Mr. Pres. ....Any chance of you leaving this company now....??? Now would be good..., before you sink EVERYONES morale any lower.

The Intent Of 10 Sick Days Was To Make Sure If You Got Real Sick You Wouldnt Go Without A Pay For The 10 Days It Takes For Short Term To Kick In ........so Many Abuse This Its No Wonder Its On The Table

SUPERTRUCKER said:
The Intent Of 10 Sick Days Was To Make Sure If You Got Real Sick You Wouldnt Go Without A Pay For The 10 Days It Takes For Short Term To Kick In ........so Many Abuse This Its No Wonder Its On The Table

No..............it if for the days your are too sick to come it to work. The company shouldn't offer these days if they don't want to pay them. Don't count them as part of my benefits, if they are going to give me a LOI for using them. I have used an average of maybe two days a year since I started eighteen years ago. Some years I have used none. But now, if I go over two instances, they will write me up for "abuse", and this is wrong. Either pay the sick days and shut up about it or do away with them and quit using it as a recruitment tool.

SUPERTRUCKER said:

Wrong....it is for days that you are sick. One day, two days, or ten days. You shouldn't have to be on the verge of going on Short Term Disability to use them.

I have been with Con-Way a long time and I haven't used very many sick days. I don't know how much "abuse" there is going on with the sick days. But, I don't like the idea of being wrote up and giving a LOI for using a so called BENEFIT if I'm sick more than two times a year. So far this hasn't happened to me, but the older I get the more likely this may occur.

you mean you guys still have sick days, we lost ours about 5 or 6 yrs ago replaced with 5 pto days use them whenever you want, approval depends on workload, you get 5 days each jan1, and they don't carry over, what you don't use at the end of the year you get paid back(after taxes) around feb the following year...... i'll burn my pto days and try to carry over my vac days

let me clear myself if your sick your sick i dont agree with getting a letter for being sick i have a couple, there just a cost of worknfor big bussness that what there for... if you cant see the abuse of this system you cant be working at the same place i do when option days come around you havent hered the phrase i all reday got ten why do i need to buy back any

Yeah, getting a LOI for using a benefit the company offers...., I did not check into this myself, two DSRs at my terminal have talked with the State labor board in our state and were told if this were to happen to them, to please call back and let the department know. I know sick days get used often...and I know of no one who has been written up for using one or two.....even when the day "seems" like it may have been abused.

Yeah!!!

StrokerAce said:
Wrong....it is for days that you are sick. One day, two days, or ten days. You shouldn't have to be on the verge of going on Short Term Disability to use them.

I have been with Con-Way a long time and I haven't used very many sick days. I don't know how much "abuse" there is going on with the sick days. But, I don't like the idea of being wrote up and giving a LOI for using a so called BENEFIT if I'm sick more than two times a year. So far this hasn't happened to me, but the older I get the more likely this may occur.
I agree StrokerAce they give you a so called benefit then tell you that you better not use it. At the Roadway facility I work at we get 5 sick days every April 1st. Some times they give them to us pre-approved. Then sometimes they are mad about something and say no more pre-approved. There SOP changes with the wind......

Check this out

From the first of Jan to the end of march I used 3 sick days. March 28 i used a forth one and because the SCM was out of town they put me out of service for 2 day till he came back with the notion that I was being used as an example and I could have lost my job. I was told in the meeting with the SCM not to miss any more days. That next time he couldnt help me. I've been with CSE for around 10 years.

whats the point of having sick days when you cant use them tried to use and got nothing but the 3 rd degree frm the tm :27:

hunter said:
If you go to doc. and get an excuse, for missing. There is nothing they can do, you just have to play thier game.

Welcome to Truckingboards Hunter... tell your friends about us

hunter said:
If you go to doc. and get an excuse, for missing. There is nothing they can do, you just have to play thier game.

Get a Dr. note and you are fine, but if you are one that only misses on Friday's and on Monday's it will look like abuse of the sick days.. Also if you call in sick when the white death appears (SNOW)

chunkendale said:
Doug:

What is the Pay scale for the western unit.
top scale here is .503/mile .523/mile for triples and 21.05/hr. i don't know what the lower scales are. some service centers in the bay area and the la basin the starting pay is higher for retention

i had missed about 6 days this year due to sudden migraine headaches very serius at times.with dr excuses everytime,..STILL had to have confernece with scm and xgo (what a waste) anway ,..if there is something chronicaly wrong wiht you like migraines alergies ,.etc,..that causes you to miss work your scm has a form that your dr has to fill out it is a form that determines your illness or health problem falls under FMLA . once its determined your illness falls under FMLA conway cant touch you . i havent had to use it because once they found out what caused my problem i got the right medication.