Yellow | No more slick side pups

What Brand are the New Deck Trailers?

DS,

Was wondering what brand of trailers these new 28ft deck units are, Wabash National?

Also, what brand are the old smooth side trailers that are being vacated from the roster?

Jimmy B

JimmyB said:
DS,

Was wondering what brand of trailers these new 28ft deck units are, Wabash National?

Also, what brand are the old smooth side trailers that are being vacated from the roster?

Jimmy B
Hey JimmyB.........the newest pups we got at 671 are Wabash. As far as the retired pups, Pines etc., all brands. I don't know what qualifies those pups to be pulled out of service. I do know that the mileage (although estimated) is kept up on the RDWY computers. It may be date of mfg, or mileage, or how many forklift holes I put into them the last 12 years!!:punk: DS.

I am an ex CF, Yellow, and Holland line driver recently retired. I am doing disaster relief work for the Presbyterian Church in the south east. We might be interested in some of these pups if they come up for sale at a fair price. Anybody know who a good contact would be at Roadway. Thanks

johndeere welcome to trucking boards. Glad to have you and happy to hear about the retirement. Hope you enjoy many years of it. Maybe Docksteward will be able to help you out whenever he gets on the boards. Hope so but I'd bet ya somebody can point you in the right direction.

Docksteward said:
Hey JimmyB.........the newest pups we got at 671 are Wabash. As far as the retired pups, Pines etc., all brands. I don't know what qualifies those pups to be pulled out of service. I do know that the mileage (although estimated) is kept up on the RDWY computers. It may be date of mfg, or mileage, or how many forklift holes I put into them the last 12 years!!:punk: DS.
We did hear your nickname on the dock was "shredder" :Banane01:

I just left Portland, OR with a brand new 53' trailer. First time I've pulled one with a sleeper. They had a bunch of slick sides deadlined up there. Should of asked where they are headed.

johndeere said:
I am an ex CF, Yellow, and Holland line driver recently retired. I am doing disaster relief work for the Presbyterian Church in the south east. We might be interested in some of these pups if they come up for sale at a fair price. Anybody know who a good contact would be at Roadway. Thanks
Another welcome to the boards there johndeere.........congradulations on your recent retirement! I will check with our garage manager and see who's getting those trailers. I did see a couple of them leaving out Monday. DS.

I am just glad to see they are getting rid of the old equipment nation wide and spending money on new trailers and tractors. This tells me they are making BIG MONEY for spending so much at one time......

if they are getting 53' trailers, and getting away from the pups, it's because of more direct loading practices. least amount of times freight is touched, less chance of damage, which comes off the bottom line, or your profit. one of those best practices deals that your starting to use more picked up from a sister company- won't say which one , ok

johndeere said:
Hey can any of you guys help this fellow out with some info?

I can find out

hillbilly frog said:
Hey can any of you guys help this fellow out with some info?
I sure can... I made a call just after I saw the post already and I am waiting on the answer. I was just waiting on the call back before I posted a answer.

I got my call back

johndeere said:
Here you go johndeer.....
What roadway is doing (what I was told) they are auctioning them off on this site here www.copart.com I went there and found the image to click on "retired,damager, heavy equipment". But the site was going me to join for a fee. I also seen where the auctions start on 11am on Tuesdays.

We have a bunch at 120, I wonder what they are doing with them here? Saw a independent hooking a set. Wonder where they got the jiff. Anyway, I will inquire here in case its different.

We would be interested in trailers within a couple of hundred miles of Charlotte, NC. If any one can give me a TM name and number or a shop manager number that I can call, it would be greatly appreceated. I just took down some donated UPS freight trailers that we turned into shower trailers for the volunteer workers down in Gulfport, MS.
We are also looking for a good day cab so we don't have to keep renting from Penske. I know trhis might be a tall order as most of the tractors I saw pulled off line were really ragged out, but maybe someone in one of the shops knows of a roadworthy unit that is for sale. Thanks to all my union brothers for all your help. John Deere

johndeere said:
We would be interested in trailers within a couple of hundred miles of Charlotte, NC. If any one can give me a TM name and number or a shop manager number that I can call, it would be greatly appreceated. I just took down some donated UPS freight trailers that we turned into shower trailers for the volunteer workers down in Gulfport, MS.
We are also looking for a good day cab so we don't have to keep renting from Penske. I know trhis might be a tall order as most of the tractors I saw pulled off line were really ragged out, but maybe someone in one of the shops knows of a roadworthy unit that is for sale. Thanks to all my union brothers for all your help. John Deere
I will get the Charlotte TM name and number tonight when I go back into work for ya.... and PM it cuz of the full name rules on the board here....