Hobbies, do you have one or more..??....(part 2)

i got one of those air operated treasure chests for the fish tank....

i got the hobby bad, like a bad case of drug addiction.....

I GOT A MONKEY ON MY BACK....!!!!!!

335fgq0.jpg

You know what you might want to look into is a background film for the back of your tank.
8ZeAq9k.jpg

It hides your wall behind the tank.... this stuff is inexpensive. I'm trying to help you spend your money....lol

You know what you might want to look into is a background film for the back of your tank.
8ZeAq9k.jpg

It hides your wall behind the tank.... this stuff is inexpensive. I'm trying to help you spend your money....lol
yeah, wally world has that too...i used ordinary orange construction paper, so that i can see my ghost shrimp..

they can hide in plain sight, and they do, they stare right back at me, and i cannot see them, as easily as they can see me.....

ISOBzxK.jpg

Here's another picture.... I couldn't add to the last post
i notice where at the bottom near right corner, you have what looks like pipe cleaner antlers....

your daughter hide a beer bottle down there..???

We have 2 fish tanks in our house, a 200 gal and a 50 gallon, both are fresh water and neither take a lot of work. Our aerators are the blue ones you buy at Walmart that fit on the rim of the tank, have a pipe running to the bottom of the tank, and pull the water up, over the rim and back into the tank. Easy maintenance and the waterfall sound is soothing. We clean the tank sides and bottom about every 2 years. We clean the filters maybe 4X a year, and add water (evaporation) every 2 or 3 weeks (we have well water no chlorine).

Opps, my wife wanted to know why I was taking pictures of our fish tanks and when I told her she informed me (forcefully) that I don't change/clean the filters but she does. LOL, still be both agree it is not much work and we have had that 200 gallon tank for over 20 years.

Last edited:
well, all 3 of my shrimp died this weekend....i was told they don't live long....

so a buddy of mine said he had cory catfish.....so i got me a green cory, and some pellets just in case there isn't enough food at the bottom for it to feed on.

right now, the catfish is "laying low" and not moving much...

he ain't dead....i rap on the tank with my ball peen hammer, and ALL the fish move.....

oh well.....

damned new catfish..just sits at the bottom of the tank..all chemical levels are great...

in the store, the gal had a hard time catching this one, and now, it just sits.......WTF..????
Heck man. Think about it. That fish just sit there all day watching the ladies go by. I would have fought like hell, to stay in that tank too.

Heck man. Think about it. That fish just sit there all day watching the ladies go by. I would have fought like hell, to stay in that tank too.
i dunno, the fish tanks are in the back of the store.....not too many ladies walking on by......

i shoulda adopted a cat.......you feed them, the crap, they sleep, and maybe just maybe they sit on your lap......and that's on thier busiest day.

damned new catfish..just sits at the bottom of the tank..all chemical levels are great...

in the store, the gal had a hard time catching this one, and now, it just sits.......WTF..????
But they clean the tank (at night). Catfish move at night (dark). LOL.

But they clean the tank (at night). Catfish move at night (dark). LOL.

yes, i did some more reading, and found that is when they "come to life", and this did happen. just before i went off to bed, that catfish was swimming like his pants were on fire.....

now, he's in a corner again...lol
I'm a lot like a catfish..... I lay on the bottom and smell like. ..... plus I've been told that I'm a screw up....lol

yes, we all know that.....but i'd not broadcast it too much....we want the new people here to think yer not that way.....

so i went to the pet store..i bought a bottle of "ammonia stop" or some name like that.
we spoke about things, and did a water test...
nearly ALL my chemical levels are spot on, but there was a bit too much ammonia...(as it was at home, when i tested it)

so, what do we do..??

change out the water....dammit...again...
i also got thier brand (topfin) of ammonia stopper..

just finished a few minutes ago, eating my sammich now, a mc donalds FISH sandwich......
if that don't scare the fish to smarten up...they will all be NEXT......

getting to be a "pro" at fish tank water changing....
who woulda thunk i'd go from "pro1driver"...
to
"pro1tankwaterchanger"...?????

oh yeah, i will of course change out the filter as well......even though, the other one is still good.

good thing, i took them up on thier special deal..."buy 27,000 filters for the low, low price of $1,000"...............

i'm tryin'.......i'm tryin'.......

ok, some time later, like about nearly 2.5 hours...

AGAIN, all the levels are balanced and i have a great...SAFE......ammonia level...

maybe that new chemical i got today works after all..??

only 1 teaspoon for the 10 gallon tank....

the tank is a tad bit cloudy, even after nearly 3 full gallons of changing out, rather than 2.5 gallons which would be the recommended 25%

so it might have started it's "cycling process" (hence the bit of cloudiness)

and yes, i did install a new filter as well

can i go back to being pro1driver now...?????