No nextels

Doc_3513

TB Lurker
Credits
How is it going now that drivers can't communicate to get the job (of dispatchers) done? Let alone not being able to text them in a timely manor with the computers in trucks.

Mobilcast sometimes works, I have a feeling we have older machine. I never had a nextel, there were no enough to go around. I am still using my personal cell phone. It works well and I do not even come close to using all my minutes. Plus I am able to use it as a tax right off.

Mike

the problem without the nextels is leaving an area. 15 min later the mobilcast rings with a pickup in the area you just left. paid by the hr. this could work in our favor. my only issue may be emergency communication en-route. the mobilcast text message is difficult while catching gears.

must be nice to have money

Mobilcast sometimes works, I have a feeling we have older machine. I never had a nextel, there were no enough to go around. I am still using my personal cell phone. It works well and I do not even come close to using all my minutes. Plus I am able to use it as a tax right off.

Mike
why spend you money to run somebodies company?
yes being a good driver is one thing but
why are you using your own phone and min. are they paying you for your phone?
thats why they got rid of the nextels $$$$$$$$$$ too much
so if they want me to spend more time looking for a phone in stead of working that is what i will do and then sray the thing with lysol
after 20 min. looking fora phone i sit on the side of the road for 10 15 20 and yes evan 30 35 min. waiting for an ans and a missed pick up or 2 :1036316054: great move try to save but you don't because of missed pick ups what do we have to do:chairshot::nutkick:

Well I see it this way. If I have 400 mins a month I do not use on my cell phone, why let them go to waste?

If it starts costing me more money, I will not use my cell phone. We do need a better way to communicate than the stupid mobilcasts.....

i'll use my cell if I want to not when they tell me to there were pickups missed this week. i love when companies have phones but they do not dial long distance and will not let you dial an 800 #. i peddle in the north jersey bergen county area i'll pay someone to find a payphone in an area where i can pull a truck over. both mahwah truckstops have payphones but neither work

Well I see it this way. If I have 400 mins a month I do not use on my cell phone, why let them go to waste?

If it starts costing me more money, I will not use my cell phone. We do need a better way to communicate than the stupid mobilcasts.....

see your point but i can't bring my self to do it
my also not to bright :butt kiss:dis said to me as if i did not know alreadywhy you can take your cell off of your taxes real bright guy ah

The attitudes above are perfect examples of one of the reasons why companys are going under! Wouldnt you rather use your own extra min that are wasted if not used or would you rather be looking for a new job cuz attiudes such as yours ran a company into the ground !

How stupid can a human be?

Hell if i had to i would spend an extra 10 bucks a month in extra min to keep my job,beats pounding the pavement!

The attitudes above are perfect examples of one of the reasons why companys are going under! Wouldnt you rather use your own extra min that are wasted if not used or would you rather be looking for a new job cuz attiudes such as yours ran a company into the ground !

How stupid can a human be?

Hell if i had to i would spend an extra 10 bucks a month in extra min to keep my job,beats pounding the pavement!

how "stupid" can a human be.......??

what do you personally think.....that we ARE responsible for the company's expenses....??
if any company is "going under", it isn't our fault, its the fault of poorly managed company expenses and management themselves.

by your "location" i can see where you are from Idaho, not the east coast. you simply do not know this particualr company anyone here is "talking about". i WAS an employee with this particular company.

this being said, i ask, "why should anyone allow the company to make us use our personal phones (except if there is an emergency at home, and dispatch NEEDS you), or ANY other money we have...?? for instance, say that the EZ-PASS doesn't work, why should WE pay the toll? all we have to do is go into the EZ-PASS office at the toll plaza, fill out a piece of paper, and the company is charged the toll.

as soon as you, me or ANYONE else starts paying for company items, that THE COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR, we become dummies first class. the company will see to it in some way, to add these costs to us. why should anyone get a paycheck each week, and then turn over some of that money back to the company to support it...??

if any company cannot supply phones to the drivers, then the company should re-imburse that employee.

no amount of "free minutes" i paid for is "free" for the company....

they don't pay my bills........

then you say you 'would spend an extra 10 bucks per month"

you're probably THE SAME PERSON that WOULD spend any extra money per month, just to get the fuel bonus.....i've seen "your attitude" before too...........you ain't no better, so don't even go there........

you just admitted you'd spend your own money for the company........

to wit i re-quote you....
"How stupid can a human be"........???

how "stupid" can a human be.......??

what do you personally think.....that we ARE responsible for the company's expenses....??
if any company is "going under", it isn't our fault, its the fault of poorly managed company expenses and management themselves.

by your "location" i can see where you are from Idaho, not the east coast. you simply do not know this particualr company anyone here is "talking about". i WAS an employee with this particular company.

this being said, i ask, "why should anyone allow the company to make us use our personal phones (except if there is an emergency at home, and dispatch NEEDS you), or ANY other money we have...?? for instance, say that the EZ-PASS doesn't work, why should WE pay the toll? all we have to do is go into the EZ-PASS office at the toll plaza, fill out a piece of paper, and the company is charged the toll.

as soon as you, me or ANYONE else starts paying for company items, that THE COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR, we become dummies first class. the company will see to it in some way, to add these costs to us. why should anyone get a paycheck each week, and then turn over some of that money back to the company to support it...??

if any company cannot supply phones to the drivers, then the company should re-imburse that employee.

no amount of "free minutes" i paid for is "free" for the company....

they don't pay my bills........

then you say you 'would spend an extra 10 bucks per month"

you're probably THE SAME PERSON that WOULD spend any extra money per month, just to get the fuel bonus.....i've seen "your attitude" before too...........you ain't no better, so don't even go there........

you just admitted you'd spend your own money for the company........

to wit i re-quote you....
"How stupid can a human be"........???
Im assuming people working here would like to keep there jobs or they wouldn;t work for them in the 1st place.And ive seen both irresponsible companies go under and good companies go under because of this mentality in employees.Ive been on both sides as an employee and employer.And ive work for both XXXXXXXX companies and good companies, and as far as pay $10 a month i would spend 10 times that on a GOOD company to help keep a good job, they are to far and few these days. As for new england i have no idea what there like. Loyalty works both ways.

And ive also worked for a company that banded personal cell use in there trucks and if caught with one in there truck you were fired on the spot.

pro 1 driver said it better than i have heard it!!!!
again i am not going to GIVE the company the minutes on the plan that i pay for. i have a cell because i have three small children at home and dispatch takes way too long to get in touch with me after my wife calls. its not their priority. as for working for a company that does not allow personal cell use in their truck i guess i would actually take my breaks away from the truck and not be responsible for their truck or freight during those breaks.

Im assuming people working here would like to keep there jobs or they wouldn;t work for them in the 1st place.
true to a degree.......

And ive seen both irresponsible companies go under and good companies go under because of this mentality in employees.
nope, you cannot blame the employee's for a company's failure. mis-management causes failure. if an employee isn't doing his/her job properly, then its the responsibility of the comapny to take corrective measures. either give a stern warning, or suspension, or then fire if the employee doesn't "shape up".

Ive been on both sides as an employee and employer.And ive work for both :shit:hole companies and good companies, and as far as pay $10 a month i would spend 10 times that on a GOOD company to help keep a good job, they are to far and few these days.
well then you are just too generous with YOUR money........but most of us aren't. you are "supporting" the company by paying its bills..........PERIOD....this isn't such a smart move, but hey, you got the money to be generous, how about helping out all the other trucking companies that are facing bankruptcy then....??

As for new england i have no idea what there like.
like any other trucking company.......

Loyalty works both ways.
one might think that, but then again, i live in the real world. there isn't any more loyalty....from EITHER side.....

And ive also worked for a company that banded personal cell use in there trucks and if caught with one in there truck you were fired on the spot.
that's too extreme, and i see no reason for it, not even from an "insurance issue". because if it were to be an "insurance issue", how else did the drivers communicate....?? by qualcomm, by nextel, what....how.....??

so, what your saying is, if the company provided any type of communication device, they still couldn't use it because of "insurance issues".............

Arrogance is another negative mentality.

with your admission of paying for company expenses, is yet "another mentality".......:smilie_132:

when the company(s) you work for, and you so freely pay for thier expenses out of your pocket, when they "fold up" let me know how much they appreciate your money, and how much you really wish you had that money in your pocket instead..............