No-One Gains

jmsconstantino

TB Lurker
Credits
I hear everyone talking about this one or that one cutting rates, or laying off people, or wage reductions, or which carrier is going out of business.

We as drivers, dock men, and low-man administrative employees, do not, and will not gain a damn thing if a company goes out of business (except more work).

I just want the rumors to stop and all of us to support each other, and be civil, hopefully we can ride this ::shit:: out and start taking care of our families and homes again!!!!

I hear everyone talking about this one or that one cutting rates, or laying off people, or wage reductions, or which carrier is going out of business.

We as drivers, dock men, and low-man administrative employees, do not, and will not gain a damn thing if a company goes out of business (except more work).

I just want the rumors to stop and all of us to support each other, and be civil, hopefully we can ride this ::shit:: out and start taking care of our families and homes again!!!!

:clap:See I knew there was some good in you :clap:I take back everything I ever said about you:biglaugh:and thanks for the nice post on Newpenn,maybe someday I will let you buy me a coffee:shift::shift:

I'd jus like to know one thing.

A few months ago, there was a managers meeting in Buffalo, NY. After that meeting, managers and supervisors all over NEMF were saying that this company is in great shape, making money, has cashflow, has several lines of credit that are in place in case something goes wrong. These were the statements being made.

Fastforward to the present. We are losing money, they lost thirt million this year, we need the employee's to give back.

My question is this? WHO DID THEY LIE TO? to managers or to the drivers.

How many times do you need to lie, before someone considers you a liar

Dont let these people fool you. They took money from all of your pockets to be able to expand through the south! When are you going to wake up, band together, and stop this sh*t in its tracks. Oh yeah, there still are wage increases going on...I have proof!

:clap:See I knew there was some good in you :clap:I take back everything I ever said about you:biglaugh:and thanks for the nice post on Newpenn,maybe someday I will let you buy me a coffee:shift::shift:

Anytime, but as a teamster (hopefully that will stay the same!!!) You can buy me a coffe you make a little more.

When I left, my replacement was bumped up over $2 an hour. They also hired 2 more people to do the job I had been doing for over a decade. I keep in close contact. I also have photocopies of stubs that prove we hire part timers at an outragious rate. Oh yeah, These people were hired after we had this big meeting on the company being "solvent" but asking for a giveback. Im not complaining though. I left and am now happy with the job I found. It is better to leave then complain because before you know it we will be working for free at this place...........

if its a driver they cant hire for more money per the contract.......so it must be office..and yes i have heard the same thing....but the poor office staff at all locations have been stripped down to the bare bone...funny thing i remember the isuue was customer service and improving it..how ya gonna do that when theres no-one answering the phone