TForce | No posting on union board????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter

TB Veteran
Credits
TheBigR said:
Do not post on the "union only" message board again. You are not a member of a union, you have been warned repeatedly. The next violation will be severe, including banning forever from viewing or posting on the "union only" board. A copy of this message is being sent to all mods, admins, and the owner.

Everyone can post on our board why can't we post on yours. I thought it was just if a person was to post hate and discontent. What makes your board any more special than any other board on here.
It is all about our jobs and union and how we feel about things I thought.
But if the teamsters are that frail then I sorry I won't post there again.
I really did think it was just things like hate and discontent.
I think you guys need to rethink your position on only teamsters allowed to post.
I guess I misunderstood frog to he meant no posting period. Again I thought it was a matter of disrespect to teamsters is why you guys didn't want outsiders.
Don't worry I got it clear now and I don't want to be where I'm not wanted either.

Regards, :USA:

This is what happened after posting on the union board. I will from now on respect THEBIGR feelings on this. But I would like to get some response from others. We all post on each others board and gladly so. Why is the teamsters board putting their selfs in an elate (high above statics.
Again I'm not trying to put them down but it just seems odd to me.

We could all say our boards is just for our own and no more.
Just doesn't seem to be a good way to further the cause.

Skeeter said:
Everyone can post on our board why can't we post on yours. I thought it was just if a person was to post hate and discontent. What makes your board any more special than any other board on here.
I think you guys need to rethink your position on only teamsters allowed to post.
I guess I misunderstood frog to he meant no posting period. Again I thought it was a matter of disrespect to teamsters is why you guys didn't want outsiders.
Don't worry I got it clear now and I don't want to be where I'm not wanted either.

This is what happened after posting on the union board. I will from now on respect THEBIGR feelings on this. But I would like to get some response from others. We all post on each others board and gladly so. Why is the teamsters board putting their selfs in an elate (high above statics.

I didn't realize we couldn't post there.

I guess if your not saying what they want to hear...you are to keep your mouth shut.

I accidently posted a negative comment on the yellow freight board once...and I did apologise as soon as I realized it was a teamster member board...not because I was scared, but because it was a yellow board and obviously wasn't speaking to anyone interested in what I had to say.
I was looking at the new posts section and didn't even notice it was a teamster board until I clicked submit.

Maybe we shoud have a UPSF-Teamster Wanna be board....and a UPSF-NO Union Talk board.
That would be excelent.

Hey Jeff, is that possible?
I know we are owned by a Union Co, but we are not union.
Maybe any UPSF employee interested in what the teamsters have to say could go to the UNION/NON-UNION DEBATE FORUM.

Just a thought.:USA: :USA:

Guys,

The union only and non-union only boards are on an equal status.
It is for the same reason that I can view the non-union only thread but I am not allowed to make any posts because I am a Teamster. It probably has nothing to do with anything you said, just the fact that you are not union members. When your barns vote and you become Teamsters, you will be in the same boat as me.

Animo916 said:
Guys,

The union only and non-union only boards are on an equal status.
It is for the same reason that I can view the non-union only thread but I am not allowed to make any posts because I am a Teamster. It probably has nothing to do with anything you said, just the fact that you are not union members. When your barns vote and you become Teamsters, you will be in the same boat as me.

Yep, I just checked and if you go to the main page it states clearly "This forum is for UNION people only. Please keep all union/non union debates in the appropriate forum, This Forum has very strict moderation"...and the same for the non-union forum with the NON-Union people only warning. Never noticed that before, but I usually use the new posts section when I'm looking around.

Skeeter, If you have posted there in the past and nothing was said, it is probably because they have a new sheriff in town and he will be making sure he does his job to keep the voters happy....:hysterical:

I am quite content not being allowed to post there, and hopefully won't be able to anytime in the near future.

Skeeter,
It's nothing personal against you or any of the nons.....it's not to stop anyone from speaking their minds.....as GLAD has pointed out, there also is a non Union only Forum. You have been asked, several times and in a nice way, to refrain from posting in the Union only Forum....you've always been welcome in all other Forums and have been given alot of latitude in your posts.

There's no reason for you to assume that this is personal and no reason for you to leave the Boards.

You asked for

Skeeter said:

You asked so don't fuss at me!
skeeter said:
But I would like to get some response from others.
Read Rule #12.....
Since you seem to have trouble getting around this board I will help you on this.... I needed rulez help before also...
Truckingboards.com RuLeZ said:
12) The employee boards are NOT for Non-Employees to go to to antagonize and or force your anti-union or union views on the employees of that board, you will be warned on the first offense and banned for the second offense, if you want to debate this subject there is a board for that. All of this bashing wastes valuable space on the employees boards and creates flame wars which are unproductive to us all.
Thank you for your support!

You can post on Union Company Boards... I do and I have...I post on Brutus board from time to time.{I got my chops busted one time by Brutus on a quote I made to a post by you.} I respected the rules and went about my way. I did not start fussing on here about my disagreement with Brutus and Jeff. Because THEY ARE THE MODS AND ADMINS. To my understanding the rules are final and not up for negotiating at all. And I will respect that. Also until now I have not said anything about what happened to me but I still think that it was wrong when you brought up union stuff in a non union company forum. But the MOD and ADMIN have spoken and I shut up and went my way and let it go. I was also sure that I was not going to win at all. And I am sure I am not going to change anything by fussing with any MOD or ADMIN. And I am not sure that I want it changed. I am sure the MODS and ADMINS don't need people trying to change the rules. They have them in place for a reason. When I go to the non union company boards I just keep the union stuff out of my talk. I also use the OD board several times. But no union talk from me while I am there at all. I just talk about other stuff. Go to my public profile and find all my post and you will see what I said while on them boards. You wont find me saying anything about unions and I have not been warned just for posting in there.

And about your complaint of Union People posting in the UPSF forum and you being non union. Do you really expect the MODS and ADMINS to police post being made about a facility that is or is not union ????? That would be very hard to do.

I have never been in the non union only forum and posted. EVER!!! If I had I would have been busted. You have done it several times in the Union only forum. I have reported it to TheBigR several times. So I think you know the rules. You just don't like them and want to cause the MODS and ADMINS trouble.

Skeeter said:

Skeeter, This is exactly what it says in the description of the union forum

"This forum is for UNION people only. Please keep all union/non union debates in the appropriate forum,This Forum has very strict moderation"

This is not open to debate. The rules WILL be enforced just as they would be for the non union forum.

We have given you a non union forum that union members cannot post in and you should respect the forum rules just as union members have in your forum.

You are a longtime member and are fully aware of the rules. this is not the first time you've been asked not to post in that forum and you have ignored those requests.

Don't come down on one of our Mods because you got caught and if you have a problem with the rules I suggest you take it up with Jeff instead of calling out our staff in public

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I didn't realize we couldn't post there.

I guess if your not saying what they want to hear...you are to keep your mouth shut.

UPSF Glad, You have the right to say whatever you want without interference from union members in the non union forum. It's that simple.

I know we are owned by a Union Co, but we are not union.

Since there are organized MC terminals and Indy has voted the union in, you are on your way to being a union company.

It is not out intent to keep anyone from expressing their opinion. We just want to make sure members are doing it in the proper forums.

These boards have become what they are because of differing opinions and ideas. We value all input.
Remember folks, we are not pro union or anti union. We are pro LTL driver.

Thank You

Skeeter, If you have posted there in the past and nothing was said, it is probably because they have a new sheriff in town and he will be making sure he does his job to keep the voters happy....:hysterical:

UPSF, It has nothing to do with there being a new sheriff in town, These have been the rules from day one and they have always been enforced that way.

Skeeter knows the rules but sometimes chooses not to adhere to them.

I'll repeat myself for those who don't get it the first few times....here at Truckingboards we have many Forums....we only have 2 where we don't allow others to post in for the obvious reasons. They are the Union Only and the Non Union Only Forums. They are there for members to discuss matters that pertain to the issues that affect them directly. We don't think that it's too much to ask that no word wars are started in these 2 particular Forums, and that's usually what happens when one side ventures into the other side. There is also a Forum where we can all discuss these things....it's called the Union/Non Union Debate Forum. That is the place to discuss the differences of opinions involving the Union or the lack of Union issues. It's really pretty basic......if you just follow the rules you can pretty much voice any opinion you want to.

here we go ,,,,,a person can't even get questions answered unless ya pay dues,,you cannot be here cause you not union, you cannot be here cause you are union,,,what the h@$# is the matter with people now days,,seems there always have to be a disagreement on someone or something just for others to be happy or tuff,,,sorry but the union and NON union guys all out there pants on one leg at a time,,, one is NOT any better than the other just because he has a card or not , Geez like a bunch of little kids fighting in the sand box

I also have a withdrawl card.
A withdrawl card makes you an inactive member with your benefits in the Teamsters no interest bank,waiting for your draw on retiring from truckdriving.
A true union member is active because he pays monthly dues to the International Brotherhood of the Teamsters.
I think thats right,if not I can count on someone correcting me.

begone said:
here we go ,,,,,a person can't even get questions answered unless ya pay dues,,you cannot be here cause you not union, you cannot be here cause you are union,,,what the h@$# is the matter with people now days,,seems there always have to be a disagreement on someone or something just for others to be happy or tuff,,,sorry but the union and NON union guys all out there pants on one leg at a time,,, one is NOT any better than the other just because he has a card or not , Geez like a bunch of little kids fighting in the sand box

Where did anybody say one was better than the other? This entire thread is uncalled for. It was started by Skeeter, who has been asked to FOLLOW THE RULES more than once or twice in regards to not posting in the Union Only Forum. He did not follow the easy to follow rules, period. He was asked in private, for about the 3rd time, to post only in the proper Forums, which includes every single one we have except for the Union Only Forum.....why is this so hard for some of you to understand? It's not a Union vs. non you are trying to portray it as......it's a simple Site Rule made by the non Union owner of this site. If you have questions you want answered, we'll all be happy to answer them in the proper Forums.....ask away.

begone said:
you are correct!! if your not contributing you won't get money, only what you have cont. to the fund
If you're not paying dues you're probably not employed at a Union job, so who would there be to put money in your pension fund if you're not even employed by a Union Company?

My point is that a withdrawl card makes you an inactive Teamster.
Active Teamsters are paying monthly dues to the IBT.
So the original question which another poster, posted was he had a withdrawl card from the union,would he still be a union member,and able to post on the union forum?

I personaly don't care either way, I just responed to his post as I thought he,and I both have withdrawl cards,we are no longer dues paying menbers,so no longer being active members, we are also no longer Teasmters.

Am I right,or wrong in this responce?

I really think its splitting hairs.

If you don't pay dues,you have no rights as Teamsters,other than your frozen benefits,from the years the union company you worked for paid into the fund on your behalf per the contract.

A withdrawl card only means you used to be a member but your not anymore.

skull said:
What if I have a withdrawal card from the union?
I would asume no ex teamsters allowed. If you are a non-union employee, no matter how many years you had as a teamster the rules would still apply unless their is a secret clause hidden in the mist.

Status
Not open for further replies.