XPO | No Raise!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gfy, have you ever heard of the "high road"? If I'm on a so-called high horse down in may berry as you so eloquently put it, then so be it. Taking the high road instead of taking the approach you and others take might actually get you somewhere someday. It doesn't matter if you work for CSE, CCX or CWX. The high road will always take you further. I'm not saying that people shouldn't complain. Obviously you're not listening to what I'm saying. The way in which you voice your objections will end up biting you in your behind when it's all over with.

Also, I appreciate the name-calling. Nice low road approach. You forgot the nut-kick icon.

DragRacer said:
gfy, have you ever heard of the "high road"? If I'm on a so-called high horse down in may berry as you so eloquently put it, then so be it. Taking the high road instead of taking the approach you and others take might actually get you somewhere someday. It doesn't matter if you work for CSE, CCX or CWX. The high road will always take you further. I'm not saying that people shouldn't complain. Obviously you're not listening to what I'm saying. The way in which you voice your objections will end up biting you in your behind when it's all over with.

Also, I appreciate the name-calling. Nice low road approach. You forgot the nut-kick icon.

Well said Drag Racer!!! :tribehasspoken:
I support your way of thinking while trying to promote a more meaningful conversation outside the workplace.

no raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicago is 40% of conways buissness so you go koolaid man:nutkick: these guys only see it now a few years with this outfit.they make it sound like they were handing jerry d. the bricks when he built this place.i think we all are in for some type of bad news come may30 and we all have the right to voice are opions if they are positive or negative.i know at my barn we can't even get guys to apply let alone keep em around.now i wonder why that is:duh:

Drag Racer said:
FY, have you ever heard of the "high road"? If I'm on a so-called high horse down in may berry as you so eloquently put it, then so be it. Taking the high road instead of taking the approach you and others take might actually get you somewhere someday. It doesn't matter if you work for CSE, CCX or CWX. The high road will always take you further. I'm not saying that people shouldn't complain. Obviously you're not listening to what I'm saying. The way in which you voice your objections will end up biting you in your behind when it's all over with.

You call that name calling.You really are a very sensitive man now aren't you.As I told you before.I have sat across from the top guys and played it your way.Big waste of time.I am from the low road and don't have a problem with that.I call it like I see and don't cover it with sugar.Most of the people I know don't have a problem with it either.You my even be shocked to know I'm very well like by dsr's and management for being the way I am.You and I come From different woulds thats all,Where you come from you talk softy and Carry a big stick.Where I come from talk load,fast then hit hard with the big stick Or ball bat.You and I and the other guy that always backs you up seem to want the same things.I just say it in a more out spoken way.If some people don't like it,To bad.I don't care.I hope you like jokes about the south.Whats 5 mile long,Has 10 teeth and smells like Budweiser and jack.An unemployment line in Tennessee.Have a nice day and keep the dream alive.

You don't even have a clue, dude. I'm through with this little one-upmanship banter you have going on here. Try not to choke on your Kool-Aid.

BTW, I wouldn't knock the South too hard being that we can form intelligent words and create legible sentences compared to you "tough guys" in 'cago.

DragRacer said:
You don't even have a clue, dude. I'm through with this little one-upmanship banter you have going on here. Try not to choke on your Kool-Aid.

BTW, I wouldn't knock the South too hard being that we can form intelligent words and create legible sentences compared to you "tough guys" in 'cago.
That good you are coming down to my level.Shame on you,I thought you were better then that.Shame on you.Its CHICAGO.I thought my little joke was funny.

just a reminder:
1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

8)This site welcomes you and wants your input but constant troublemakers will be banned from this site, please conduct yourself in a adult manner.

lizard king said:
i to are a little worried about this. and if you are conway we all should worry!!!!!!!!!!! the 10 plus years i been here we all know about the raise by now.no posters and management is keeping there lips zipped......... and all my freight haulin bros hear this, FED-EX GAVE THERE MEN A DOLLAR AN HOUR AND A PENNY A MILE!!!!!!!!!!!so that means they make 22.75$$$$$$$$$ an hour and .53$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ a mile. now tell me who rules :duh: the highway now. just keep looking in those mirriors 10-4
Hold up a sec, we (FXF) got a raise??? Man, I am out of the loop!

FM

DragRacer said:

Hold on! Us Guys from 'cago? Are you sure you want to go there? I dont think so!:Off-Topic: :chairshot: :snaggletooth: :Die:

Character. Reputation. Professionalism.

To upper management were all just dumb ol' truck drivers. Character. Reputation. Professionalism, doesn't really play into it unless you do something wrong, as long as your Character is productive for the Co, and your Reputation doesn't tarnish the Co, and your Professionalism make's the Co ALOT of money. Everything is good! Other wise were all just dumb ol' drivers.

Well JWor, we can view ourselves as dumb ol' truck drivers and expect to be treated as such or we can have character, conduct ourselves professionally and build ourselves a reputation to stand on.

These ideas won't catch on with every driver overnight. Some folks on this very board are evidence of that. It starts with each of us individually. We each make a choice as to how we act.

I'm not the oldest guy here, but I've been in this business (LTL and OTR) for ten years. In just ten years I've seen a change in the way people act. Go back in time fifty years. Heck, go back just twenty-five years. Things were different. Truck drivers were respected. Drivers had integrity and didn't hide behind a CB mic and whisper that they "don't got no panties on."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Supposedly upper management reads this board. If we act like dumb ol' truck drivers, do you really think they'll go out of their way to help us? Some folks on here just don't seem to grasp this concept. They claim they've tried being civil with leadership before and it didn't work. I say try it again, don't give up and keep on trying it until they DON'T see us as dumb ol' truck drivers. WE the drivers are the only ones that can change the way we are perceived.

gfy was right. I did stoop to his level there for a brief amount of time, but it won't happen again. I'm not here to get into name-calling with other drivers. I'm here because I truly believe that we all COLLECTIVELY can change our (Con-way) reputation as a company. We CAN be the envy of the trucking industry. The respect IS out there. It's up to us to have enough discipline and desire to go get it.

DragRacer said:
Well JWor, we can view ourselves as dumb ol' truck drivers and expect to be treated as such or we can have character, conduct ourselves professionally and build ourselves a reputation to stand on.

These ideas won't catch on with every driver overnight. Some folks on this very board are evidence of that. It starts with each of us individually. We each make a choice as to how we act.

I'm not the oldest guy here, but I've been in this business (LTL and OTR) for ten years. In just ten years I've seen a change in the way people act. Go back in time fifty years. Heck, go back just twenty-five years. Things were different. Truck drivers were respected. Drivers had integrity and didn't hide behind a CB mic and whisper that they "don't got no panties on."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Supposedly upper management reads this board. If we act like dumb ol' truck drivers, do you really think they'll go out of their way to help us? Some folks on here just don't seem to grasp this concept. They claim they've tried being civil with leadership before and it didn't work. I say try it again, don't give up and keep on trying it until they DON'T see us as dumb ol' truck drivers. WE the drivers are the only ones that can change the way we are perceived.

gfy was right. I did stoop to his level there for a brief amount of time, but it won't happen again. I'm not here to get into name-calling with other drivers. I'm here because I truly believe that we all COLLECTIVELY can change our (Con-way) reputation as a company. We CAN be the envy of the trucking industry. The respect IS out there. It's up to us to have enough discipline and desire to go get it.
I should not have pushed.

lizard king said:
i to are a little worried about this. and if you are conway we all should worry!!!!!!!!!!! the 10 plus years i been here we all know about the raise by now.no posters and management is keeping there lips zipped......... and all my freight haulin bros hear this, FED-EX GAVE THERE MEN A DOLLAR AN HOUR AND A PENNY A MILE!!!!!!!!!!!so that means they make 22.75$$$$$$$$$ an hour and .53$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ a mile. now tell me who rules :duh: the highway now. just keep looking in those mirriors 10-4
I'm not sure where you are located, but Fedex didn't give the centers around Chicago a dollar. We don't find out what our raise is until next month

Familyman said:
So do I get a raise or not??

The suspense is killing me!

FM
Its on its way.They wouldn't let us down,We our co-owners and have a say in everything that happens.

The word around here is an offical announcement Tuesday 5/30/06 on our Cost of Living raise.... But the rumors are still anywhere from .05 to 1.55 from what I've been hearing on the Patio each night...

Please don't jump on me for posting because it's my first time.

I stumbled upon this forum in search of a new trucking company for my brother to switch to. He is currently with Covenant and wants to go local.

I just wanted to tell you all that I found your discussion quite humorous and I agree with gfy and drag racer. Yes the guy who made the comment is free to say whatever he wants, however, you have people like me who read this and I have to think twice about recommending your company to my brother. (Not that I matter)

Don't worry, I'm not going to continue in your discussion I just wanted to say that.

Happy driving!

Truck Drivers Sister said:
I stumbled upon this forum in search of a new trucking company for my brother to switch to. He is currently with Covenant and wants to go local.

I just wanted to tell you all that I found your discussion quite humorous and I agree with gfy and drag racer. Yes the guy who made the comment is free to say whatever he wants, however, you have people like me who read this and I have to think twice about recommending your company to my brother. (Not that I matter)

Don't worry, I'm not going to continue in your discussion I just wanted to say that.

Happy driving!
Thank you for your comments.At this time the place for non-union ltl would be FXF( fed ex freight).With a 5.3 years to top scale and a lot of other things that our happening, I in good faith can not recommending this once great company(conway freight) .I hope to once again as I did years ago,Right now I can't.You do matter.

Don't know where your brother is located, Sister, but not every location has a 5.3 year top-out wait. If he happens to get hired on at a premium svc. center, it's only three years to top out. Our top pay is really not that far behind FXF. Our benefits are hard to beat as well - 1% of gross pay for insurance among others.

Also seems that we do things a little different here in the south, and that might be a factor as well. You've probably read several posts by folks up in the northern part of the company that don't really seem to be happy. I'm not saying that they don't have legitimate gripes, but things really are different from region to region. We're all now known as Con-way, but we still operate as three separate regional companies. Con-way Freight Southern would be the region for Atlanta (not sure where your brother is located).

Please don't be afraid to ask any more questions. We're here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.