XPO | No Raise!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DragRacer said:
Don't know where your brother is located, Sister, but not every location has a 5.3 year top-out wait. If he happens to get hired on at a premium svc. center, it's only three years to top out. Our top pay is really not that far behind FXF. Our benefits are hard to beat as well - 1% of gross pay for insurance among others.

Also seems that we do things a little different here in the south, and that might be a factor as well. You've probably read several posts by folks up in the northern part of the company that don't really seem to be happy. I'm not saying that they don't have legitimate gripes, but things really are different from region to region. We're all now known as Con-way, but we still operate as three separate regional companies. Con-way Freight Southern would be the region for Atlanta (not sure where your brother is located).

Please don't be afraid to ask any more questions. We're here to help.
He's mostly right.I'm a very happy dsr. I thought my replay was nice.

I actually thought your reply was nice, believe it or not. I applaud you for being honest and straightforward, instead of the usual sarcasm. I don't think Sister would have recognized the sarcasm as well as us "seasoned" CF posters would have.

DragRacer said:
I actually thought your reply was nice, believe it or not. I applaud you for being honest and straightforward, instead of the usual sarcasm. I don't think Sister would have recognized the sarcasm as well as us "seasoned" CF posters would have.
Thats why I did it nice.

Thanks for your honesty and help.

My brother and I are located in Atlanta, however, he is currently OTR with Covenant and has not been home for almost 3 months. We know he is not likely to find a local/ regional postion with only 3 months driving but he really wants to come home in order to get his kids back from the wicked ex-wife. Do you have any suggestions of local companies in Atlanta?

Truck Drivers Sister said:
My brother and I are located in Atlanta, however, he is currently OTR with Covenant and has not been home for almost 3 months. We know he is not likely to find a local/ regional postion with only 3 months driving but he really wants to come home in order to get his kids back from the wicked ex-wife. Do you have any suggestions of local companies in Atlanta?
ummmmm....con-way...

uh- i don't think so

lizard king said:
i to are a little worried about this. and if you are conway we all should worry!!!!!!!!!!! the 10 plus years i been here we all know about the raise by now.no posters and management is keeping there lips zipped......... and all my freight haulin bros hear this, FED-EX GAVE THERE MEN A DOLLAR AN HOUR AND A PENNY A MILE!!!!!!!!!!!so that means they make 22.75$$$$$$$$$ an hour and .53$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ a mile. now tell me who rules :duh: the highway now. just keep looking in those mirriors 10-4
FedEx hasn't given their people anything, yet, for this year. and when they do i doubt very seriously it will be a dollar an hour, if it was, by the way, it would be 21.10/hr, for they make 20.10 now.
:duh:

PINBALL said:
FedEx hasn't given their people anything, yet, for this year. and when they do i doubt very seriously it will be a dollar an hour, if it was, by the way, it would be 21.10/hr, for they make 20.10 now.
:duh:
in this area they make 22.07/.52.75 a mile.No word on raise here yet

Wow... if I squint really hard I can see all you guys stuck in the back seat of a station wagon together screaming "are we there yet?...he's touching me... stop looking at me!" What's the common thread here?, we are all in an uncomfortable position wanting relief. Relief in the form of answers and/or relief in the form of job security. Do you want a better job or more money? Seldome do the two show up together. If I quit this company tomorrow it would not be to go to another trucking company. I drive 45 miles each way for work, at 16 miles per gallon. That's currently $80.00 a week in gas alone. A modest raise to address cost of living increases isn't asking too much. Dear Dave... motivate me to have a positive attitude in a positive work enviroment.

Status
Not open for further replies.