Estes | No Relays?

Estes West is big time switch or otherwise called "turn". Probably a decent "guestimate" would be about 50%. Pros and cons but mostly to reduce motel costs when you have turns.

MTHelmet said:
Estes West is big time switch or otherwise called "turn". Probably a decent "guestimate" would be about 50%. Pros and cons but mostly to reduce motel costs when you have turns.
Do they have the timing down to a science, or do you always wait long.

For the most part on time. As long as the host terminal gets the driver out on time and the driver is a cooperative one, things do go well and are good runs

Sling Blade said:
Estes drivers don't run relays, do they?

I never see them switching anywhere.
As far as what Gi was we do meet and turns in the now Estes West. They are considering more of them to remove hotel costs. I feel what ever works to service the customer that is the goal right. In Calif. your have many obstacles to contend with to make them work right traffic gate times with late customers tonnage etc etc...I biggest issue in the West is lack of dock people to get the job done right and done to make the gate times. :bgroovy:

Sling Blade said:
I typically wait an hour, sometimes two, for mine.
I ran a meet out of St Louis and met with a Little Rock driver (FXF) we would usually pull in within 15 mins of each other, lots of nights it would be exact timing and get there at the same time.

However that was because if he had a via to do he would leave earlier so he would still make the meet point on time, when he was on vacation I sat for 1-3 hrs waiting for the other driver to show, then come Fri night I figure they'll be on time cause they want to start the weekend so I left as late as possible and took my time getting there, sure enough he was biting at the bit wanting to know where I'd been. I said oh, it's Fri so now all of a sudden your in a hurry? :duh: He shut up quick! LOL

Your meet driver makes ALL the difference!

FM

dallastx1978 said:
gentlemen most of you make 53 cpm look at the national average its not that bad!!!
The only guys making .53 are the grandfathered from years ago. The rest of us are at .49 max. Besides, it's not the cpm that all the griping is about. Lots of other problems. Main point is they made the changes and then WILL NOT LISTEN to anyone when trying to point out the problems they are having. Typical management, they always know better than the people doing the job. Oh well, how many drivers lost does it take to get the point across. Especially out in the LA basin where their losing them and aren't hiring enough. Union sounds good, but who knows if the "brotherhood" will bind together and advance it. I bet if they got it going, the content boys back east would jump on the bandwagon also. What the heck, they may say they are content, but if you can get representation and fair benefits, why not

MTHelmet said:
The only guys making .53 are the grandfathered from years ago. The rest of us are at .49 max. Besides, it's not the cpm that all the griping is about. Lots of other problems. Main point is they made the changes and then WILL NOT LISTEN to anyone when trying to point out the problems they are having. Typical management, they always know better than the people doing the job. Oh well, how many drivers lost does it take to get the point across. Especially out in the LA basin where their losing them and aren't hiring enough. Union sounds good, but who knows if the "brotherhood" will bind together and advance it. I bet if they got it going, the content boys back east would jump on the bandwagon also. What the heck, they may say they are content, but if you can get representation and fair benefits, why not
don't bet on it!!! we tried to unionize in baltimore in 2000.. we had no help from no one. the boys back here are as content has they come..especially in the south..

Familyman said:
I ran a meet out of St Louis and met with a Little Rock driver (FXF) we would usually pull in within 15 mins of each other, lots of nights it would be exact timing and get there at the same time.

However that was because if he had a via to do he would leave earlier so he would still make the meet point on time, when he was on vacation I sat for 1-3 hrs waiting for the other driver to show, then come Fri night I figure they'll be on time cause they want to start the weekend so I left as late as possible and took my time getting there, sure enough he was biting at the bit wanting to know where I'd been. I said oh, it's Fri so now all of a sudden your in a hurry? :duh: He shut up quick! LOL

FM
Very true your regular guy always makes the difference but when he is off you'll be waiting. That is why I hate meets your having to depend on another person so you will get back in time before traffic. I would rather get my load go all the way through and lay my time and go home. I always do my job and don't want another person depending on me.

steve5 said:
I still don't understand how they get away with putting wait/fuel time in the mileage.

UUUUHHHHHH FLEXIBILITY!!!!!!!!! You know we love nothing better than siiting in our squirrel cages away from the family for FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Familyman said:

FM

This is one true statement. Drivers can make a meet work like clockwork, with or withput help from the company.... But the sad thing is that drivers would rather blame someone besides theirselves for the wait time. See it everyday on our 2 meets that we do....One guy back daily in time for the Denver guys to leave and the guy that bid off of it was consistantly 2 hours late. MMMMMMM Company stiil does the samething.......

steve5 said:
I still don't understand how they get away with putting wait/fuel time in the mileage.
Didn't they give everyone a .02 raise several years ago to compensate for dropping and picking log boxes?