Estes | No Relays?

greezy trucker said:
This is one true statement. Drivers can make a meet work like clockwork, with or withput help from the company.... But the sad thing is that drivers would rather blame someone besides theirselves for the wait time.

Well, sometimes what happens is the timing is just screwed up for the run, and your terminal won't acknowledge that there is a problem. Operations at the other terminal may be all over the place. Sometimes the loads are ready VERY early, which should make the other driver able to arrive early if he's smart enough to know that you will be there. I don't understand. It's not a difficult concept. The sooner you get out, the sooner you get back, AND GET HOME!!!

And then somtimes the other guy's load will be ready VERY late, meaning even if I got out late I'll still have to wait an hour or two.

I really do dislike getting delayed unnecessarily, because then I'd be getting back just in time to have to swap trucks and go do city work for 3 or 4 hours.

Basically, it just flat out sucks having to rely on other people.

Sling Blade said:
Well, sometimes what happens is the timing is just screwed up for the run, and your terminal won't acknowledge that there is a problem. Operations at the other terminal may be all over the place. Sometimes the loads are ready VERY early, which should make the other driver able to arrive early if he's smart enough to know that you will be there. I don't understand. It's not a difficult concept. The sooner you get out, the sooner you get back, AND GET HOME!!!

And then somtimes the other guy's load will be ready VERY late, meaning even if I got out late I'll still have to wait an hour or two.

I really do dislike getting delayed unnecessarily, because then I'd be getting back just in time to have to swap trucks and go do city work for 3 or 4 hours.

You are correct.....But what do you do????? I think a box in the park looks relaxing....No one to meet just lay around and drink myself blind!!!!!!!

Sling Blade said:

You are correct anything can happen

greezy trucker said:
This is one true statement. Drivers can make a meet work like clockwork, with or withput help from the company.... But the sad thing is that drivers would rather blame someone besides theirselves for the wait time. See it everyday on our 2 meets that we do....One guy back daily in time for the Denver guys to leave and the guy that bid off of it was consistantly 2 hours late. MMMMMMM Company stiil does the samething.......
There is always someone who strokes the company and these guys should be gone. They make it hard on people who do there work. I don't like people worried about me and watching me because someone is goofin off

jawn113 said:
I was told this by several other drivers
Doesn't matter what they did several years ago. Today is today and what they have done to GI changeover affects us today. Also the guys driving triples were told .04 pm and never got it. The turnpike doubles get .04 but not triples. Go figure. I guess a third trailer and 105,500 only gets you a penny. Hmmm, nice profit deal eh? Pad his pocket and triples take the screw

MTHelmet said:
Doesn't matter what they did several years ago. Today is today and what they have done to GI changeover affects us today. Also the guys driving triples were told .04 pm and never got it. The turnpike doubles get .04 but not triples. Go figure. I guess a third trailer and 105,500 only gets you a penny. Hmmm, nice profit deal eh? Pad his pocket and triples take the screw
Ya I don't agree with that. Whenever a driver pulls triples the company saves a lot of money. They don't have to pay an extra driver to haul that trailer. .04 is a steal for any company and if their not getting it then guys should refuse to do something that they are not paid for. :duh: :nutkick:

jawn113 said:
Ya I don't agree with that. Whenever a driver pulls triples the company saves a lot of money. They don't have to pay an extra driver to haul that trailer. .04 is a steal for any company and if their not getting it then guys should refuse to do something that they are not paid for. :duh: :nutkick:
Oh and don't forget, every two sets of triples a driver has lost their job.

MTHelmet said:
Oh and don't forget, every two sets of triples a driver has lost their job.
It's like that in every company not just here. We don't always get are ways. If it were my way I would have a 650 hp truck with a 550 mile run. :bgroovy: Yeah baby!:TR10driving03:

dinkweed said:
Have em move your cut time up aan hour and get more late city freight on it
I see your point. So I guess If you can't make a set cut time for the gate just move it later. Where is the accountablity just give the dock more time and make our job even longer. Traffic is my reason for the comment. Also the hour drive home. We get it done what ever time it gets done but leaving on time lets you plan your time. Not the company planning your time not that they have it already I'm not so app to just rollover for them. So let's get everyone else to do their job