FedEx Freight | No respect.

Barnye

TB Lurker
Credits
I have only been a fedex frt driver since the merger.
Has this company been this screwed up since the merger or
has it been this way for years. I was always under the impression
that you had to have a year of experience to work here.
I have over 20 years of experience and am now reduce to yard jockey-dock worker while this company farms it's freight out to other
companies that hire people right out of truck driving school or foreigners that can't speak english. The drivers that are worried about the ones on the hog board, Those people will soon be on the dock with the rest of us taking the 50% pay cut we took.

this company has gone down hill in the 3 years that I've worked here. It's all about profits mate, if they could lay us all off they would... just corporate America, nothing personal.

Welcome to the third world business model of Hooterville. It was never this way in the west, we used to have people lined up out the door for one or two positions. Now pretty much anyone, any age can abuse the equipment.

I will not doubt anyone who says that things are somewhat messed up.However let me ask those of you who came from the viking/fedex west system.Who do think is up in harrison putting their two cents on decisions.Look at the guys that are senior transportation managers and who rna it before the current president.Half of those Senior managers came from the tucson CLC and a majority of your dispatchers that dictate who works on these hog boards were Tuc.dispatchers.I know because I have talked to these people.Its funny how all the viking/west guys talk about how good they had it,when in reality those so called friends of all of you,are the exact same ones that the curse up one side and down another on the other board.You guys know exactly who I am talking about to,so don`t say you don`t know who those guys are.I will also say that their are a handful of them that are the worst and have forgotten how to return calls when you do have a legitimate question.All the way to HR.

I've noticing a troubling trend at FXF. They are using a failed business model as their foundation for the changes being made. I've always been a proponate of " If you take care of your drivers, they will take care of the company.
FXF seems to be trying to make money from the wrong end of the spectrum. No company has ever succeeded by trying to make money by destroying employee confidence in same. If you provide a topnotch product with a steadfast service policy customers will be more than happy to pay for the priviledge of working with you.

But by alienating your employee base you, by definition, throw service out the window. We, at FXF, have a substandard computer system. FXF provides a cola raise which is 30% of the cost of living adjustment. Raise our insurance premiums but lower the options of that service. Buy new equipment (the new Volvos are sweet) but don't provide enough mechanics to keep up with the older equipment. Tell us , in no uncertain terms, that the people in Harrison aka: Hooterville are smarter than we ever thought of being. And then can't figure out why we are miffed.

Other companies have tried this model ie: CF, St Johnsbury, Transcon, P.I.E. etc. And we know where they are now. But Hooterville actually believes that they are smarter and they can do it right.

I guess we'll see

cch6874 said:
I will not doubt anyone who says that things are somewhat messed up.However let me ask those of you who came from the viking/fedex west system.Who do think is up in harrison putting their two cents on decisions.Look at the guys that are senior transportation managers and who rna it before the current president.Half of those Senior managers came from the tucson CLC and a majority of your dispatchers that dictate who works on these hog boards were Tuc.dispatchers.I know because I have talked to these people.Its funny how all the viking/west guys talk about how good they had it,when in reality those so called friends of all of you,are the exact same ones that the curse up one side and down another on the other board.You guys know exactly who I am talking about to,so don`t say you don`t know who those guys are.I will also say that their are a handful of them that are the worst and have forgotten how to return calls when you do have a legitimate question.All the way to HR.

I know exactly who they are. The stupidity which is occurring comes from above this level of management! If it wasn't, they would have been fired long ago!! There are to many people running this company that have no clue which end of a truck goes down the road first!! Hey, but if it looks good on "paper" it'll work.. This company hasn't acted like a Freight company in years, and its just getting worse. I can't speak for AF, but Viking did it right, not perfect but RIGHT!

That's why I feel we need to stop fighting among eachother and fight together for a goal of respect without fear from hot shot red shirts. I feel it brewing. Guys are fed up ! So am I ! I know a way we can get the respect we deserve ! Just saying ........ It can and is gonna happen

Some coworkers think we are a bunch of babies because all we do is whine, cry and complain. Well let me tell you something, call it what you will. But if we didn't care, we wouldn't complain. They say: "this is just a job, take your check on Friday, be glad it doesn't bounce, and thank the Lord you got a job". Those who say that, don't give a damn!!!! Yes, I thank the Lord I/we have a job, but does it have to be this way??

That's why I feel we need to stop fighting among eachother and fight together for a goal of respect without fear from hot shot red shirts. I feel it brewing. Guys are fed up ! So am I ! I know a way we can get the respect we deserve ! Just saying ........ It can and is gonna happen

It's not gonna happen. Sorry.

I see you have your organizers on here as well. They are all over ours also. Saying negative, slanderous things.

Ekim said:
I see you have your organizers on here as well. They are all over ours also. Saying negative, slanderous things.

Yea at least they are using the correct name to go by. Funny a union man calling themselves the enemy. Its sad they are to dumb to go and look at the union company boards and see they are having the same problems and the union can't fix it there either. But hey a fool is born everyday.

A couple of weeks ago, they held meetings about a shortcoming on our Snapshot score.

Lots of people have been writing the date as: 1/1/11. Apparently, that is not descriptive enough. They actually had to spend money to tell us that we have to write: 01/01/11.

This is what happens when you have people who don't know what they are doing. They make up problems that they can solve so they can feel they are valuable.

Tell, me how does writing the date this way move this company forward? How does it reduce claims? How does it improve arrival times? Does it improve morale? Does it make Hermiston less of a cluster f? Does it save fuel? Does it make us make our appointments on time? Tell me, what does it do? Besides show just how over the top anal this company has become about things that just don't matter.

We destroy freight, can't get it here in time, build SC's in the wrong place, let the equipment fall apart, but you can bet your a** we'll have full compliance on how we write down a date!

Doomed.

Franklin said:
A couple of weeks ago, they held meetings about a shortcoming on our Snapshot score.

Lots of people have been writing the date as: 1/1/11. Apparently, that is not descriptive enough. They actually had to spend money to tell us that we have to write: 01/01/11.

This is what happens when you have people who don't know what they are doing. They make up problems that they can solve so they can feel they are valuable.

Tell, me how does writing the date this way move this company forward? How does it reduce claims? How does it improve arrival times? Does it improve morale? Does it make Hermiston less of a cluster f? Does it save fuel? Does it make us make our appointments on time? Tell me, what does it do? Besides show just how over the top anal this company has become about things that just don't matter.

We destroy freight, can't get it here in time, build SC's in the wrong place, let the equipment fall apart, but you can bet your a** we'll have full compliance on how we write down a date!

Doomed.

I got popped by snapshot for wearing a decorative belt buckle. Thing is I was wearing a button up shirt that is not supposed to be tucked in! So I had to pull my shirt up so they could see it in the first place.

I got popped by snapshot for wearing a decorative belt buckle. Thing is I was wearing a button up shirt that is not supposed to be tucked in! So I had to pull my shirt up so they could see it in the first place.

Did you pass the sock test?

How bout different colored straps for city and linehaul?? that was one of the dumbest college un-educated things I saw..LMAO

That is the problem with this and other companies.

They are under the impression they have bought your soul and control your mind once you hit the payroll spreadsheet.

Once they dress you in a uniform your individuality is supposed to disappear and the employee is miraculously expected to seamlessly blend into the corporate genre.

OK...you provided me with pants and a shirt and I will wear themj per company policy. You want black shoes...I can do that too. Just don't ***** about what kind of 'black' shoes I decided to purchase.

Black is black. That is the end of it.

Belt???...Black???...OK, I am all in. Just don't complain about what kind of black belt I decide to purchase.

Belt buckle???...unless the company is buying it they can STFU about it.

These self righteous indignant 'leaders' think just because they are paying you a wage the 'own' you.

Well...here is my perspective...

I am 'leasing' my professional services to the company for an agreed upon price as outlined in my employment offer. Nowhere in said offer is it implied or documented that I am obligated to give up my individuality or automony for the benefit of either the company or its objectives.

I have agreed to certain guidelines as earlier described...but that is it.

You buy it...I will wear it.

Otherwise STFU!!!

Snapshot be damned!!!!

Rat

well Rat, you've worked for 2 of the biggest (and arguably) best LTL outfits going, yet you're still pissed off.
Honestly, I'd say that the LTL biz may not be your cup of tea.
Have you looked into O/O... that way you could make your own rules.....(sorta)

enemy

enemywithin what you talking about,whats brewing I dont see any thing brewing.....are talking about help from the outside? lol fxf has us so divided it will never happen and thats just what there plan is,everyone hates road drivers they make to much money...noone likes yard hostlers,there lazy and dock workers/road drivers all they do is complain red shirts well there just plain stupid and only worried about the numbers not you as a person or human being,lol noway it will happen fxf has done every thing just right this is the way they want it,security with your job noway how many friends i have seen lose there jobs since iv been here for manute reasons no job security here we could change things i agree,but we do have to ban together oh im sorry i said friends fxf does not want us to be friends thats why they never have company functions unless they absolutely have too xmas etc...they dont want us to ban together then we would be stronger then them,its funny how so many people bad mouth help from the outside until they get in trouble or fired,anyways the moral around here is so low,i havde seen this before,and you might be right something is coming its called layoffs cuts soon,but that outside help is already helping they called the rail which has outside help told them to slow or trailers down from being moved kinda put fxf in a bind now they might have to rethink the layoffs thank you outside help..............