XPO | No Smoking In Conway Equiptment

Haywould

TB Lurker
Credits
The announcement that there will be NO SMOKING in any equiptment was meant with hostile response at the Monday meeting. NO SMOKING in anything that has a Conway brand on it. The company will be offering tips and help to deal with drivers habits. The 'Smokeout" date is Dec. 7 '06. Here's one more thing a fellow teammate can "knark" you out for. If the money wouldn't be so good......... Press on

We haven't heard anything in Chicagoland about this. Yet.:shock: :cuss: :hissyfit: :thumbsdown:

The announcement that there will be NO SMOKING in any equiptment was meant with hostile response at the Monday meeting. NO SMOKING in anything that has a Conway brand on it. The company will be offering tips and help to deal with drivers habits. The 'Smokeout" date is Dec. 7 '06. Here's one more thing a fellow teammate can "knark" you out for. If the money wouldn't be so good.........:nutkick: Press on

just dont smoke in the tractors an the want knark on you. be a good teammate dont let your teammate ride in your ashtry.:smilie_132:

The announcement that there will be NO SMOKING in any equiptment was meant with hostile response at the Monday meeting. NO SMOKING in anything that has a Conway brand on it. The company will be offering tips and help to deal with drivers habits. The 'Smokeout" date is Dec. 7 '06. Here's one more thing a fellow teammate can "knark" you out for. If the money wouldn't be so good.........:nutkick: Press on

what a bunch of crybabys,i will smoke in my tractor all i want there is no driver or superviser going to tell me any different,to bad so sad you non smokers.:chairshot:

what a bunch of crybabys,i will smoke in my tractor all i want there is no driver or superviser going to tell me any different,to bad so sad you non smokers.:chairshot:
it has nothing to do with"crybabies".
it's a state law in 15 states.and you will not smoke in a company truck if you want to keep your job.

If it is YOUR tractor personally I do not care, your ******* is your ow:duh: n thing

I really doubt that they will enforce this policy. I seen guys still smoking on the docks, and supervisors do nothing about it. The real problem is the smells in the trucks and the messes that some inconsiderate drivers leave for others to clean up. Lets address those issues and then see where this new policy goes.
Whats next no farting allowed in the trucks, PLEASE. Just one more civil liberty taken away from tax paying Americans. Welcome to CHINA...

I really doubt that they will enforce this policy. I seen guys still smoking on the docks, and supervisors do nothing about it. The real problem is the smells in the trucks and the messes that some inconsiderate drivers leave for others to clean up. Lets address those issues and then see where this new policy goes.
Whats next no farting allowed in the trucks, PLEASE. Just one more civil liberty taken away from tax paying Americans. Welcome to CHINA...
they have no choise but to enforce it. it's state laws in ohio.

11/27/2006
SMOKING BANNED IN MOST TRUCKS IN OHIO
Election also to change employer reporting procedures

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The November elections are history, and now we deal with the fallout. Many statewide offices are being held by Democrats for the first time in over a decade and majorities in both houses of the General Assembly have shrunk. At the national level, Congress has a new party in control of both of its houses. But for our members maybe the ramifications of two statewide issues that passed is of greatest consequence. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ohio Trucking Association[/FONT]

they have no choose but to enforce it. it's state laws in Ohio.
The also need to enforce all of the other law's on the book's as well.

Like MURDER, DRUGS, CRIME.
How about those cell phone laws in New Jersey and New York?

I highly doubt it that some police officer is going to pull you over and write a ticket for smoking.

He's too busy on his cell phone in the middle of I-77 talking to his girlfriend to worry about a smoker.

I understand that this is a problem for non smokers but you here alot of people talking about smokers " I don't care if they kill themselves". I think this is just another way for the local and state cops to make money.

Smokers need to take a stand on this one. I understand the problems with smoking at a work place, but give smokers a alternative. They cant even pull into a Rest Area and have a smoke with out getting hassled. Like I said just one more notch in the police like states belt.

The next problem you are going to have is trying to prove that another driver was smoking in that truck, next it will be dash mounted video camera's.

Wake up people.

it's a state law in 15 states.and you will not smoke in a company truck if you want to keep your job.

I agree. Only the smokers will rant and rave and try to get around the new policy.

Think about it, If you actually commit to quitting:
You won't stink like nasty tobacco anymore.
You might live a longer life.
Your lungs will love you again.
You'll save lots of money.
You could save on medical costs.
..........and so on and so forth.
There's alot of good in making the company Smoke Free.

Drivers can police other drivers, it's up to the SCM,FOS etc to make it stick.

The ones with the rosey, fresh scented truck will be the guilty ones.

Con-way is not to blame for this one!! They are looking out for your job and your health by adopting this legislation.

I agree. Only the smokers will rant and rave and try to get around the new policy.

Think about it, If you actually commit to quitting:
You won't stink like nasty tobacco anymore.
You might live a longer life.
Your lungs will love you again.
You'll save lots of money.
You could save on medical costs.
..........and so on and so forth.
There's alot of good in making the company Smoke Free.

Drivers can police other drivers, it's up to the SCM,FOS etc. to make it stick.

Say goodbye to your ashtrays or for the non-smoker your gum/candy/phone trays.
The ones with the rosey, fresh scented truck will be the guilty ones.

Con-way is not to blame for this one!! They are looking out for your job and your health by adopting this legislation.

I dont know if this is going to have any effect on smoking in the truck.It will help to get them to keep the trucks clean of ashes.I would compare this to the cb radio laws.We have a 4 watt max which is also the law.How many drivers have radios peaked and tuned way above that?how many drivers run export radios running on channels they need a license to operate?These are some illegal things that the police/d.o.t. are supposed to enforce when they see it but they dont.So I think this smoking thing will fall in the same catagorey.I for one dont smoke so I will enjoy the cleaner truck.

roadwhore, that attitude right there is why so many non smokers have problems with smokers and probably why Conway has come up with this policy.

It's not all about you.

roadwhore, that attitude right there is why so many non smokers have problems with smokers and probably why Conway has come up with this policy.

It's not all about you.

Thats the problem it does not matter to him at all. Its like telling a crack addict to quit.

Most smokers will have a hard time with this. Drive four or five hours without a smoke and he will go crazy.

My original comment to this states the problem is with the messes that most smokers leave in the truck. The law has nothing to do with that. The law is too vague, second hand smoke is not in the truck when a non smoker is driving it.
But the smell is. Do you drive past a sewage treatment plant and smell that garbage? Do you complain to the sewage treatment plant?
NO.
I bet if the smoker cleaned the truck and cleaned the windows and put a air freshener in the cab you would not complain.

How about you non smokers who leave your trash in the truck, or drag a foot of mud in and have dust everywhere.

That dust could lead to lung cancer too.
Lets ban mud? I think not. The problem is the same.

CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!!!

I smoke and I am trying to quit, But I clean the truck before I take it and after I am done with it, as a courtesy for the next driver. I carry a small bottle of air freshener to get rid of the smell when I am done. But I get upset when some jerk leaves his chicken bones on the dash empty pop bottles on the floor a newspaper on the floor and windows so hazed by smoke you can not see out of.

I am not running to Washington to make a new law.
I do this because I want a clean truck when I drive out the gate.

The problem still will be enforcement. OHIO can not enforce the laws on the books now. So lets add another feel good law to the books to add money into the coffers of the politicians who make these laws.

Lets worry about the terrorist in this country instead of smelly smokers.

The also need to enforce all of the other law's on the book's as well.

Like MURDER, DRUGS, CRIME.
How about those cell phone laws in New Jersey and New York?

I highly doubt it that some police officer is going to pull you over and write a ticket for smoking.

He's too busy on his cell phone in the middle of I-77 talking to his girlfriend to worry about a smoker.

I understand that this is a problem for non smokers but you here alot of people talking about smokers " I don't care if they kill themselves". I think this is just another way for the local and state cops to make money.

Smokers need to take a stand on this one. I understand the problems with smoking at a work place, but give smokers a alternative. They cant even pull into a Rest Area and have a smoke with out getting hassled. Like I said just one more notch in the police like states belt.

The next problem you are going to have is trying to prove that another driver was smoking in that truck, next it will be dash mounted video camera's.

Wake up people.

conway does enforce those law you steal you will get fired an may go to jail an the same for drugs .