XPO | No Smoking In Conway Equiptment

See ya next week, Truckingboards is similar to cigarettes and you will eventually have to have your fix.... It's like the Roach Motel.... You can check in but you can't check out:hysterical:
Aint you telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK you all need to take a deep breath and relax.
debate the problem.
don't attack each other.
input is welcome from every one.

It is only law in 2 states California and Ohio.If
I want to smoke I will do just that cause I have rights to.Nobody I mean nobody aint gonna tell me what I can and cannot do.

driver you just need to be prepared for the ramifications that come along with your desion to do that and violate the policy ,also be able to explain it to your family why you are out of a job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I draw a line at if you don't want to smoke then don't. If you want to then do it. What rights of smokers have been added in the last 10years? none.

Each year another one is taken away.

You want to simplify this, its easy.

STOP SELLING TOBACCO.

This is MY POINT.

That way no ones rights are violated. the product becomes Illegal, and everyone is happy.

I do not hear anyone complaining about Drugs and Murder.
They are Illegal. But they still continue to happen.

There are enough laws on the books to enforce without adding another stupid law.

No one forces a non smoker to be near or around a smoker. If you go to a restaurant and there is smoking going on there then you leave.

if you go to a restaurant an no one is smokeing do let the door hit you were the good lord split you.:tongue0015:

if you go to a restaurant an no one is smokeing do let the door hit you were the good lord split you.:tongue0015:
No I do not smoke. I ask for non smoking in both restaurants and hotels.

But if I wanted to smoke then I would go to a place like a bar to enjoy a smoke.

My whole point on this discussion is everyone is so easy to give up another's rights of freedom in this country.
without thinking about the consequences.

This law just opens up the door for the government to put more restrictions on us.

I agree to Con-Way's policy and I will tell you why I agree to it.Con-Way is a business, they have to make Con-Way a safe and friendly work environment.
It is up to them to keep their workers happy.
It is also a safety issue with Con-Way, you sometimes work with hazardous materials, where smoking could cause a potential fire, of other dangerous issue.
You also have drivers who are out in the public eye (IE) city DSR's who meet face to face with customers, I do not think meeting with a customer with a cigarette dangling from your mouth looks good for the company image, let alone you are picking up #3000 of flammable liquids.

So yes this is a good policy for them to have in place.

MY MAIN BEEF IS WITH BIG BROTHER (THE U.S.GOVERNMENT) TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO.

We have opened up Pandora's box. This will now set forth a motion to have other laws put in place to protect us from ourselves.

How many of you drivers are hunters?
Do any of you hunters like it when certain groups come in and take your rights as a hunter away from you? Without knowing at all what they are talking about?

How about all the new gun laws? has that protected anyone from a assault or crime?
This is my point,quit letting the Government take our rights away from us.
This is all I am trying to say.
The Government can not even take care of the laws on the books now, so lets add more fuel to the fire.

im glad they made trucks nonsmoking.. even knowing most if not all smokers will light up as soon as they are around the corner !! like they are going to drive 3 or 4 hours and not smoke !! all the jobs ive had driving except this one alowed smoking anywhere and every where ...if you even suggested any area like a break room be nonsmoking they just laughed and blew smoke in your face... litteraly...no one is trying to control a smokers life ,, if you wanna kill your lungs go for it,,, just dont blow your smoke around me !!

As a smoker, I am not happy about the new policy, BUT understand it (from a business standpoint....save more repair costs, save smelly trucks...save insurance costs....etc...)

Well, I'll just have to watch for good shoulder areas to stop at and have a quick puff now and then, no biggie :)

The oxymoron about this whole thing is that they have a smoking area at xgo when ever you go for yes. When I went out for oriontation (1995) we had to go stand in the middle of the street to smoke. Anyone remember that? And there's a smoking area right outside the door at Richmond, NRM, so the regional manager can step out and have a smoke. HAHBAHHABAHHAHBAHA. Ponderous.....Press on

not anymore at xgo. no smoking on company property at all. And if you guys think they won't fire you for it, they canned 2 drivers who smoked in our canadian trucks; so if your looking for a career change....light up!!!