XPO | No Smoking In Conway Equiptment

I think the "million dollar question" is, will Con-Way ever demand that ALL employees do NOT smoke, as some companies have, meaning they can fire you if you don't quit smoking, now THAT would be something to really scare and/or upset a smoker!

Me, I'll quit smoking immediately (if not before....), I am not going to throw away almost 11 years for a habit that I need to kick any darned way :)

Looks like I stirred up a hornets nest.....:moon2: Sorry...... You see, those of us who do not insist on forcing others to partake in our habits.....however fun they may be to us.....understand what I meant in my first post. Those who have no consideration for others.....will never get it. Sorry that I ran DetRob off..... some of his posts were actually quite funny. But if he would go back and READ my post.... he would see that I said that smokers were LIKE the "other people"...... I didn't say they WERE "other people"......he did. Hope everybody had a good weekend. I just hope all the guys that do smoke will realize that the company has finally gotten tough about this and realize that some things aren't worth losing what we've all worked all these years for.......SUPPORTING our families. It isn't worth it. I don't think you'll have to worry about drivers telling on each other.....I'm sure supervisors will be told to check the trucks.......It'll only take a few weeks for the smoke to clear....literally.....out of the trucks. Be careful guys.

You did not run me off with your post. I think you could of used a better example than what you did.
My point was that some of my post were removed because I offended someone, But this is not my board and I respect the rights of others who wish to post here.
I just needed to walk away for a little while because I was starting to take issue with this topic.
None the less I have quit smoking three days ago mostly because It was time and I am doing it for financial reasons.
I figure with the money I save I can finally afford a new house. So I have put in my two cents in on this topic and I will leave it alone, move onto other topics.

Thanks Rob

Congratulations.....you have begun one of the hardest......yet most rewarding endeavors that one can undertake..... I wish you all the luck in the world....Once conquered....you will feel alot better too!

Good for you Rob!!! If I can do it I'm sure you can! Just stay strong and look at the big picture.... It is the best thing you could ever do for yourself as well as the best feeling of acomplishment you can ever imagine!!!! Again good luck Bro "you are the man" :waycool: : :highfive: :rockon:

I think the "million dollar question" is, will Con-Way ever demand that ALL employees do NOT smoke, as some companies have, meaning they can fire you if you don't quit smoking, now THAT would be something to really scare and/or upset a smoker!

Me, I'll quit smoking immediately (if not before....), I am not going to throw away almost 11 years for a habit that I need to kick any darned way :)

:1036316054: Now thats what I'm talkin about! I'm gonna add to your rep for this one!! :thumbsup:
Even though there is a smoking ban in and on company property, they have yet to take that right away from you on your personal time.
In regards to smoking, the smokers still have it good, just not in or on Con-ways playground.

It's hard to quit, but give it a try and see the difference it makes in your life.

SMART MAN.

do you non-smokeing guys ever complain about how the truck your in stinks because other driver, himself stinks and leaves an oder in your truck? or food all over the place that in the hot summer gets to stinking, because he to lazy to clean up after himself?yes i smoke, and do the best i can to clean up each morning when i get back , my ashes and anything else that might have made a mess in the truck.every day a differant city driver runs thiis tractor, and could care less how they leave it, food, trash, act like children, not adults, screw with cb/am/fm, up and includeing destroying the for mentioned. yet i still clean up my smokeing mess each morning. where i work, seems like the biggest belly-achers of smokeing are the biggest no driveing , time-steeling, always complaining, instead of just doing your job, kinda of men, although i use that term -men-loosely. you complain because of smell in truck, but how comes you dont complain about all that black -::shit:: that gathers in your nose everytime you work a couple hours on the dock? if anything a health hazzard here, i would think that would be it. i know conway road drivers spend time working the dock, think all that stuff you breath in all night, is good for you? all that black ::shit:: that gathers in your shnossoily , think thats healthy? have a terminal in kearney, jersey city? if so, its sitting on hazzard-waste dump. but i bet you still go there.what about the stink you smell going past exit 13 on 95 in jersey, mid august, 95 degrees and makes you sick to your stomache?but i no ,smoke smell in the truck you drive is just so bad, it's a wonder you can make it through the night.i understand no smokeing in break rooms and office and where you might breath 2nd hand smoke, but dont get the deal where when i'm alone in my tractor, smokeing away you want to take it away from me.

do you non-smokeing guys ever complain about how the truck your in stinks because other driver, himself stinks and leaves an oder in your truck? or food all over the place that in the hot summer gets to stinking, because he to lazy to clean up after himself?yes i smoke, and do the best i can to clean up each morning when i get back , my ashes and anything else that might have made a mess in the truck.every day a differant city driver runs thiis tractor, and could care less how they leave it, food, trash, act like children, not adults, screw with cb/am/fm, up and includeing destroying the for mentioned. yet i still clean up my smokeing mess each morning. where i work, seems like the biggest belly-achers of smokeing are the biggest no driveing , time-steeling, always complaining, instead of just doing your job, kinda of men, although i use that term -men-loosely. you complain because of smell in truck, but how comes you dont complain about all that black -::shit:: that gathers in your nose everytime you work a couple hours on the dock? if anything a health hazzard here, i would think that would be it. i know conway road drivers spend time working the dock, think all that stuff you breath in all night, is good for you? all that black ::shit:: that gathers in your shnossoily , think thats healthy? have a terminal in kearney, jersey city? if so, its sitting on hazzard-waste dump. but i bet you still go there.what about the stink you smell going past exit 13 on 95 in jersey, mid august, 95 degrees and makes you sick to your stomache?but i no ,smoke smell in the truck you drive is just so bad, it's a wonder you can make it through the night.i understand no smokeing in break rooms and office and where you might breath 2nd hand smoke, but dont get the deal where when i'm alone in my tractor, smokeing away you want to take it away from me.
What really make me sick is all that has happened in the past few months this is the biggest thread.Xgo Is looking at this right now and saying too each other.It worked.Lets see what we can cut next.

Xgo Is looking at this right now and saying too each other.It worked.Lets see what we can cut next.
I hope so. All the whining about smoking in company equipment is giving me lung cancer.:hysterical:

Next: No Tobacco of any kind. No smoking if you work for Con-way...ANYWHERE!
We better stop whining and just conform to the policy.

profitability and liability fellas... that's all it's about. Ohio voters passed the law including trucks. This based on team drivers and second-hand smoke. Ohio's new law prohibits smoking, but there is no provisions as it was written for enforcement. And, the legislature believes they will exempt trucks during sessions after the first of the year. Until then, no enforcement. But, we jump on the wagon and go company wide with a ban. Why? We are self insured and this way they can blame someone else for the new rules. Ohio just made it easier. Profitability and liability... the only two rules that apply.
It's not about our trucks or our drivers. Along with trailers not being swept out when empty (hurts our production numbers), when was the last time anyone reminded you that you are being paid to keep that tractor clean? All these little fundamental task that used to be so important to our success, now if they don't help the final numbers, forget them!
So sad...

clean up after yourself and leave it better than you found it... after all, they are paying you for it!

Spoken like a true lamb.
:holysheep: Thank you! I'm a lamb because I choose to stay employeed at Con-way and do not want to get fired.
Think hard about what you just said and compare that to adhering to a policy. In fact, forget it. Not worth it.

Everyone please smoke on and in company property!! Please violate the policy and get caught so the conformers can move up the ladder. :joke:

I hope so. All the whining about smoking in company equipment is giving me lung cancer.:hysterical:

Next: No Tobacco of any kind. No smoking if you work for Con-way...ANYWHERE!
We better stop whining and just conform to the policy.
I hope I can still chew.I just started and I really like it.The side of there truck looks like hell,But I like it.

:holysheep: Thank you! I'm a lamb because I choose to stay employeed at Con-way and do not want to get fired.
Think hard about what you just said and compare that to adhering to a policy. In fact, forget it. Not worth it.

Everyone please smoke on and in company property!! Please violate the policy and get caught so the conformers can move up the ladder. :joke:

everybodys going to do what they want anyway kind of hard to stop someone from 200 miles away:biglaugh:

To you whining non-smokers,and you are some of the biggest hypocrites out there,so now you can ride down the road in a clean truck drinking your sodas(loaded with chemical additives)your junk food(mc donalds,chips ect)then after work you can go to a mostly non smoking restaurant and eat your deep fried bloomin onion next to a big greasy steak and down with a few big mugs of beer(poison) my point is that nobodys perfect.our everyday habbits are no better then the next persons.i find this to be nothing more than companey propaganda(keep us watching each other and we dont watch the powers that be) oh by the way i'm new to the boards and have been with con-way just under a year now.just a fresh perspective. mr clean