XPO | No Smoking In Conway Equiptment

:hide: To you whining non-smokers,and you are some of the biggest hypocrites out there,so now you can ride down the road in a clean truck drinking your sodas(loaded with chemical additives)your junk food(mc donalds,chips ect)then after work you can go to a mostly non smoking restaurant and eat your deep fried bloomin onion next to a big greasy steak and down with a few big mugs of beer(poison) my point is that nobodys perfect.our everyday habbits are no better then the next persons.i find this to be nothing more than companey propaganda(keep us watching each other and we dont watch the powers that be) oh by the way i'm new to the boards and have been with con-way just under a year now.just a fresh perspective. mr clean

:hide: To you whining non-smokers...i find this to be nothing more than companey propaganda(keep us watching each other and we dont watch the powers that be) oh by the way i'm new to the boards and have been with con-way just under a year now...

Mr Clean..."companey propaganda"?
First of all, where were you during the meeting? Probably so pissed off, you weren't listening...

The company had to comply with a new law in the state of Ohio, which prohibits smoking in commercial vehicles. Now, so as not to be in violation of discrimination laws, this policy has to apply to everyone who works for Con-Way...

mr kleen...the only one i see whining is you !! im a nonsmoker but i still think yall should be able to smoke in your truck !!i think the no smoking on the property is a good one...yes i eat fast food like you talk but when im eating im not forcing you to eat half of my double whopper now am i ?? get it ??

:hide: To you whining non-smokers,and you are some of the biggest hypocrites out there,so now you can ride down the road in a clean truck drinking your sodas(loaded with chemical additives)your junk food(mc donalds,chips ect)then after work you can go to a mostly non smoking restaurant and eat your deep fried bloomin onion next to a big greasy steak and down with a few big mugs of beer(poison) my point is that nobodys perfect.our everyday habbits are no better then the next persons.i find this to be nothing more than companey propaganda(keep us watching each other and we dont watch the powers that be) oh by the way i'm new to the boards and have been with con-way just under a year now.just a fresh perspective. mr clean

Mr clean, You really don't make the best argument.
The difference between breathing your second hand smoke and my eating junk food is that I choose to eat junk food. I don't choose to breath second hand smoke but every time someone smokes in my truck I am forced to do just that.

I hope you can see the difference

P.S. Welcome to Truckingboards, It's good to have you here

:holysheep: Thank you! I'm a lamb because I choose to stay employeed at Con-way and do not want to get fired.
Think hard about what you just said and compare that to adhering to a policy. In fact, forget it. Not worth it.

Everyone please smoke on and in company property!! Please violate the policy and get caught so the conformers can move up the ladder. :joke:
This does not effect me because I quit Conway seven months ago. Plus I quit smoking. So just hope one of your fellow drivers breaks the rules and losses his job so you can move up to XGO.

Mr clean, You really don't make the best argument.
The difference between breathing your second hand smoke and my eating junk food is that I choose to eat junk food. I don't choose to breath second hand smoke but every time someone smokes in my truck I am forced to do just that.

I hope you can see the difference

P.S. Welcome to Truckingboards, It's good to have you here
You are not forced to do anything, It is suggested. Ask for a different unit to take and watch the sparks fly.

The company had to comply with a new law in the state of Ohio, which prohibits smoking in commercial vehicles. Now, so as not to be in violation of discrimination laws, this policy has to apply to everyone who works for Con-Way...

the funniest thing about the smoking ban law that passed, is that the law wasnt, and hasnt even been written yet. :duh: the so called law was on the ballot as "issue 5" it was nothing more than an "idea". all of the people that voted yes to the "law"(idea) voted on something that wasnt set in stone, therefore cannot be enforced since there is no actual law in place. we can still smoke in bars and resteraunts. as of right now, it is up to the owners discretion weather or not their PUBLIC establishment is smoke free. not only that, but the state of ohio has made a statement to the media that there is no law in place, and they are not enforcing the law untill an actual state code is written. as far as smoking in commercial vehicles, i have a feeling that they will be exempt so to say, as long as there is only one person in the truck while driving. in my opinion, feel free to smoke away in ohio for now........ :smilie_132:

beetlebaileylc8.jpg