SAIA | No Smoking in the Tractors

Just make sure that roach was enough to put with the rest of my stash don't need any paper just smoke. Playboy are for sissies I prefer Big Breast for Big Boys

huh?

Somewhere, JBR and Collard, are lurking. Somewhere they are watching and waiting.

Then, quick as a flash they pounce,
and another thread is hijacked.

Dissappearing as it were, into the mists of the moors, on a moonless night

Leaving only mysterious footprints and the howling sounds of the unseen hounds

And the thread is no more.

Brother Trucker said:
Somewhere, JBR and Collard, are lurking. Somewhere they are watching and waiting.

Then, quick as a flash they pounce,
and another thread is hijacked.

Dissappearing as it were, into the mists of the moors, on a moonless night

Leaving only mysterious footprints and the howling sounds of the unseen hounds

And the thread is no more.
This is funny, but right on the money.:biglaugh:

My terminal is basically a city operation. About 95% of the power, (tractors and straight trucks) are assigned to drivers. There are about 75 drivers that hit the street on any given day. We all (somehow) seem to know who smokes and who doesn't, and we treat the equipment accodringly. I have an assigned straight truck, I smoke, and yet everyone wants to use my truck, including the non-smokers. I keep it clean, and treat other equipment I use the same way. Sometimes I will use the tractor of a non-smoker. All he asks is that I open the windows when I smoke and don't leave ashes in the cab. Usually, I will refrain as much as possible from smoking while in his cab, however, when I do smoke, the windows are open, the cigarette is kept outside the window as much as possible and I blow the smoke out the window as well.

It seems to me that this is really more of a consideration for your fellow drivers than it is the need for a company policy. It goes for trash as well as smoking. As I said, I keep my truck spotless, yet there are times when others will use it as their personal dumping grounds. I usually try to find the driver and discuss it (make him clean it) or tell him to use a different truck next time. I try to keep this subject far from managements eyes.

No Smoking

I had a city driver smoke up my linehaul tractor and told Ron about it. If this is the one where the driver got suspended, my tractor has had THREE no smoking decals in it since I've been in it at least six months.

Slobs will be slobs, smoking or non. Its time to live and let live. Winny people offended by smoke smell should get a life. Ruppnik

ruppnik said:
Slobs will be slobs, smoking or non. Its time to live and let live. Winny people offended by smoke smell should get a life. Ruppnik

ruppnik, I am offended by smoke smell. Why should I be forced to deal with that stale smoke smell that gets in my clothes and makes me sick

CF you have been conditioned to be offended by your mom, teachers and the media. The physical symptoms you believe to be real, are your state of mind. A shrink could not help you because he agrees with you. Move a muscle change a thought. Ruppnik

ruppnik said:
CF you have been conditioned to be offended by your mom, teachers and the media. The physical symptoms you believe to be real, are your state of mind. A shrink could not help you because he agrees with you. Move a muscle change a thought. Ruppnik

ruppnik, The stale smoke smell in my truck is not in my head. Neither is the smoke smell on my clothes when I've been near a smoker or get out of a truck that is usually driven by a smoker.

I should not have to deal with these issues that not only are an annoyence to me but are also a health issue.

I'm sorry but I really feel that my right to not have to deal with these issues far outweights your right to smoke in my presence.

CFer said:
ruppnik, The stale smoke smell in my truck is not in my head. Neither is the smoke smell on my clothes when I've been near a smoker or get out of a truck that is usually driven by a smoker.

I should not have to deal with these issues that not only are an annoyence to me but are also a health issue.

I'm sorry but I really feel that my right to not have to deal with these issues far outweights your right to smoke in my presence.

I used to smoke but now I side with the nonsmokers. Corporate made the offices and docks no smoking areas so why not the trucks too?:ontopic:

biker2bee said:
I had a city driver smoke up my linehaul tractor and told Ron about it. If this is the one where the driver got suspended, my tractor has had THREE no smoking decals in it since I've been in it at least six months.

The tractor in question was not placarded for no smoking at the time the driver was suspended. At least two other drivers(who by the way do not smoke) could verify that fact. Dunno which one it was.

I don't smoke and have placarded my unit as such so that those who do smoke are fairly notified and not sandbagged.

One factor that plays into this happens to be that a road driver that smokes was using a properly placarded tractor and smoked in the tractor in spite of the tractor being placarded. He too, was suspended and rightfully so.

Hey guys......I am a smoker. I hook linehaul units for their trips. RDWY doesn't have a smoking regulation in the tractors. I agree sometimes when I get into a tractor the smoke smell is intense. If there has been a cigar in the cab.....WOW!! Like some of the other posters have said, if you do smoke, keep it off of the cab dash and floorboards, crack the window sometime during your trip!!! LOL. I am not offended by smokers, but I believe in respect for others. Just my 2 cents. DS.

nervouswreck said:
Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning. And SAIA is not in Indy. Yet.

We big riggers are eagerly awaiting Saia's arrival to Louisville-Indy Cincy and parts unknown.Hurry the hell up!!!!!!

hasbeenking said:
We big riggers are eagerly awaiting Saia's arrival to Louisville-Indy Cincy and parts unknown.Hurry the hell up!!!!!!

The powers that be are silent in that regard. Top secret. Hush hush. On a need to know basis and the grunts don't need to know.

Brother Trucker said:
The powers that be are silent in that regard. Top secret. Hush hush. On a need to know basis and the grunts don't need to know.

Jevic moved a drop yard at the old ST terminal in Louisville.Didn't know if the two companies were still joined at the hip.You read one thing and two days later it's turned around.

hasbeenking said:
Jevic moved a drop yard at the old ST terminal in Louisville.Didn't know if the two companies were still joined at the hip.You read one thing and two days later it's turned around.

Nope,
Jevic is no longer part of the family. We parted ways earlier this year. If we go that direction it will be with our own equipment, etc.

Brother Trucker said:
Nope,
Jevic is no longer part of the family. We parted ways earlier this year. If we go that direction it will be with our own equipment, etc.

Thanks for the clarification,Brother