TForce | No Smoking

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
tipsfp9.jpg

UPS is not telling you to quit, they are just eliminating smoking in any of their vehicles. (This reduces potential liability)​

However, If you are willing to quit the habit, go ahead and log into your UPS portal and look for the:
Quit For Life™ Tobacco Cessation Program.
A confidential new tobacco cessation program available under your UPS health plan.

There is a lot of information to help you quit the habit.

Not just for smokers
The Quit For Life program can help users of all tobacco types — cigarettes, cigars, or smokeless tobacco.

UPSers.com>My Life and Career>envision – Your Life | Your UPS>Your Benefits>Healthcare>Scroll down to find the
link! Damn they sure bury this link!

Happy Quitting! Your body and pocket book will love you for it!:1036316054:

Smokers:
Are you noticing that your cigarettes are burning at a faster rate and that you are going through a pack/carton faster than before?

Look on the bar code of your pack of smokes and you will see the letters FSC. (Fire Safe Cigarette)
They tend to self extinguish at certain points of the smoking ritual.
Some have claimed that certain parts of the cigarette gives off a very harsh taste.

I searched it and found out my hunch was right.
What is a fire-safe cigarette? (FSC)

Another reason to kick the habit?

Are they paying to help you stop ? (The cure)
I don't think they would pay. There's probably a copay involved if it requires seeing a doctor. I'll have to log in to the external site and check it out.
I actually believe the cure would be the detailed knowledge and understanding of what tobacco use can do to your body and the will power of a person to WANT to quit.
I've seen friends die from lung related cancer due to smoking and mouth related cancer due to chewing tobacco.

My relative died from lung cancer and she didn't even smoke! Go figure!:chairshot:

I posted this before I gave up a 3 &1/2 pack a day non-filtered Pall Malls.

I asked my cigerette two questions,everytime I went to smoke it.
After 6 weeks I threw the pack in the trash.

I've gone without smoking for around 44 years .
but my lungs are still messed up from all the smoking I did before I finally wised up.
I have what is known as a smokers cough.

I've had clear lung X-rays but I still have this very annoying cough.

I guess thats what I get for starting smoking at age 8 to empress my friends,and upset my folks.

Chantix

I haven't had a smoke in a week and two days.:funky::funky:

I got a prescription for Chantix.

Your supposed to make your quit date for the 8th day after starting the prescription, but it took 15 for me...and haven't had one since.

Only $25 for a month supply with our insurance:1036316054:.... Without it, it is over $100.

As with any attempt to quit an addiction....You have to want to quit, because you will still have a mild craving every now and then that you have to be able to overcome.

Hence the reason it took me 15 days to quit. I would get a craving and stop and get a pack.
I finally told myself I wasn't going to do that anymore.

I haven't had a smoke in a week and two days.:funky::funky:

I got a prescription for Chantix.

Your supposed to make your quit date for the 8th day after starting the prescription, but it took 15 for me...and haven't had one since.

Only $25 for a month supply with our insurance:1036316054:.... Without it, it is over $100.

As with any attempt to quit an addiction....You have to want to quit, because you will still have a mild craving every now and then that you have to be able to overcome.

Hence the reason it took me 15 days to quit. I would get a craving and stop and get a pack.
I finally told myself I wasn't going to do that anymore.

Getting a perscription to help you is good. If you REALLY REALLY want to quit you can do it on your own. I did it. I gave anyone credit who quits with or without help .. congrats glad to be upsf ... I think you should rename yourself glad to be cig free.

Getting a perscription to help you is good. If you REALLY REALLY want to quit you can do it on your own. I did it. I give anyone credit who quits with or without help .

You hit the nail right on the head. The keyword being "Want".
In my opinion, smoking is an addiction and in some cases, part of a drivers many rituals to keep his mind on the road and pass time.
I feel with the lack of will power that most smokers might have, they will never REALLY REALLY want to quit until a bad diagnosis happens.

It's too easy to say your going to quit, too many programs out there, too many forms of medication, too much information overload, but the hardest part of quitting is not having the self discipline and will power to start the quitting process.

I hope this topic helps others start the quitting process. Everyone's situation is different and each have their own success stories to tell.

Hopefully we get more input!

Smokers' Lungs

Oh my Dockworker thats way to gross for me.
This is supper time.
I think I'll take a pass on my super tonight.
Thanks for the pictures Dockworker.

On the lighter side of quitting. (excuse the pun)

Pretty clever advertising.
picture4tl9.png

Uncle Sam says:
noamokingee8.jpg

This is my favorite picture. It sends a very hard hitting subliminal message to smokers.
indiagraveantismokingsm5.jpg

Oh my Dockworker thats way to gross for me.
This is supper time.
I think I'll take a pass on my super tonight.
Thanks for the pictures Dockworker.

Sorry about that gross out picture.
I saw a real live autopsy where a various parts and the lung from a smoker was removed. Believe me, It scars me to this day when I think about it.

Go eat your supper Apo! I think I'll have liver and onions and a nice smooth mango :hide:

Gee wiz Dockworker where the heck do you get all these pictures?

You are very good at convincing someone that smoking is no good for them.

Sorry about that gross out picture.
I saw a real live autopsy where a various parts and the lung from a smoker was removed. Believe me, It scars me to this day when I think about it.

Go eat your supper Apo! I think I'll have liver and onions and a nice smooth mango :hide:

I guess you know that person inside and out now huh DW? I think some of those pictures are self portraits of DW ... especially the guy on the bus ...