TForce | No Smoking

At my SVC folks are still smoking on the dock, and I'm sure in co vehicles as well. We have the designated smokers area, it was used for a little while, now anything goes...we have supervisors who just stand at the side door smoking outside.

At our place they put in a smokers area outside away from the building. It consist of four concrete barriers so the smokers can smoke safely inside. What a friggin joke this place is. People are smoking everywhere still except in the office.

hugnlug, You guys are going to have to band together and stop it. If you have a weak TM he will be gone. It's just a matter of time. UPSF will look like UPS eventually. Maybe not in our career. But we might live long enough to see it. Maybe all the con-flicking TM and supervisors will have to be weeded out before it happens.

hugnlug, You guys are going to have to band together and stop it. If you have a weak TM he will be gone. It's just a matter of time. UPSF will look like UPS eventually. Maybe not in our career. But we might live long enough to see it. Maybe all the con-flicking TM and supervisors will have to be weeded out before it happens.

I am almost poitive of that................. We are just in the beginning.:smilie_132:

when i was a spotter i would always drop the trailers with flameable placards in the door right next to the designated smoking section.

I quit in 1991. Best thing I ever did. I tried so many times before, I never thought I could do it. A coworker & I make a pact to quit. We both made it, but he started smoking again after 6 months. I never again touched any tobacco products. It was the best birthday present my daughters got that year. Or so they told me.

I quit in 1991. Best thing I ever did. I tried so many times before, I never thought I could do it. A coworker & I make a pact to quit. We both made it, but he started smoking again after 6 months. I never again touched any tobacco products. It was the best birthday present my daughters got that year. Or so they told me.

What a feel good motivating story! Thanks for sharing Roadrunner73! :thumbsup:

I was laid off in Nov and I bumped into the city. Well I decided this might be a good time to quit. No long lonely drives and a smaller paycheck. I quit on Dec 10 and have not smoked since even being recalled to the road.:woot:

Day 5 for me without a smoke. Amazing how much better i feel just after 5 days. GL to whoever does it. So far so good. I quit due to the prices being so dam expensive.

Ok, guys the bottom line is the dollar. My questin is tobacco use of any kind. The company singled out smoked tobacco what about chew? smoken is bad but chew is no better. Stop and think about it. SPIT everywhere-spitting spreads disease- Prevent Disease---Infectious Disease - Human saliva is a body fluid and can carry many pathogens
including those from the respiratory tract, such as tuberculosis.

Chewing tobacco also causes mouth cancer.

What a feel good motivating story! Thanks for sharing Roadrunner73! :thumbsup:

Thanks. The thing is if I can quit, anyone can. It's just finding what works for you. Good luck to anyone trying to quit. As ibamars said, as little as 5 days off tobacco makes a huge difference in how you feel. It gets better each day!

Day 5 for me without a smoke. Amazing how much better i feel just after 5 days. GL to whoever does it. So far so good. I quit due to the prices being so dam expensive.

I am right with you, the GOV. does not need anymore of my money, they have enough.