Central Transport | no smoking

i see by your location you work in columbus.the reason you can't smoke is because of the new state law that when to effect today (12/7/06)

Prohibit smoking in any “public place” or “place of employment” as of Dec. 7, 2006. For definitions of a “public place” and “place of employment,” please follow this link to ORC 3794.01 Definitions.ORC 3794.01 Definitions

Ohio Smoking Ban

Man What Is With Ohio?aren't They The Same Knuckleheads That Had The Deciding Vote To Keep George Bush In?so Just Imagine What They Are Voting In At There Local Governments.you Made Your Beds Now Lay In Them.

Smoking ban was meant for normal work places but trucking fell into a loop hole about "work spaces". My understanding of this also applies to any trucks traveling Ohio highways.

Your trucking industry is fighting for an exemption on this matter but who knows if and when.
I smoked for28 year at up to 3 packs a day when working and quit 7 years ago. I requested froo my company a "non/smoking" truck which was granted. I shared the truck with a city driver and was given a non smoker foassigned city driver.

It can go both ways hard for companies to go either way. Either all non smoking or on a case by case basis. A road driver with an assigned truck shouldn't be bothered with a law that wouldn't apply to him or her.

You would think someone would have noticed the loop hole before passing the law to begin with.

It was in Wednesday's Columbus Dispatch that it was decided by the State that truck drivers that travelled by themselves could smoke, but those running team could not. Also, I heard that fleets that have shared use trucks will not be able to allow smoking. That is a truck that a road driver uses at night and a city driver uses in the day can not have smokers. How are they going to police that? They can't even stop drinking and driving.