New Penn | No strike at new penn

JJ if I'm not mistaking I believe we were told that Holland had signed a Me Too in 94. Next thing i knew we were out on the street with the rest of the Teamsters. I totally disagree with the Me Too. But the IBT determines who strikes, so I would never hold this against another brother teamster. GRIZZ

No, Holland did not sign a me to agreement. ANR, NW, Carolina did in our part of the country but not Holland. I was sitting at the Union Hall that night with everyone else that was in town and was in disbelief that Holland didn't call in a last miniute me to agreement . After that contract Holland pulled out of TMI just like ABF has done and Cam Carruth put out a one page ad in the wallstreet journal that TNT would never be involved in another strike. I always wondered how he could guarantee that. On the other part of this conversation I remember in 1994 Everyone said there would never be another strike and sure enough we were out on the picket line right after that for the better part of a month. There is nothing wrong with a me to agreement, it just means the company will honor what ever is agreed upon by the other Master Freight carriers. But I do remember people having hard feelings when a working union truck came by and blew his horn at us picketing and they were drawing a check. I for one would be finnanicialy ready for anything at contract time. because no one really knows what is comming until we get a contract.

ABF has been told by Tyson J. that he would meet with them whenever they wanted but they will not get one thing more or less than the TMI Companies and will remain a signatory Carrier in the NMFA.

JimJoe, Preston ran also. They were out for 2-3 days but signed a "me too" and went right back to work.

not that it makes any difference now, but preston was on strike for 1 week, monday nite to monday nite. i did not like the fact that we worked and others still walked a picket line

Tyson Johnson was in Nashville 480 yesterday. He said that ABF wanted to deal outside of the TMI. He told them thats fine, after he deals with YRCW, he will offer them the same deal, and if they don't want it, He'll Strike their "A ss"

not that it makes any difference now, but preston was on strike for 1 week, monday nite to monday nite. i did not like the fact that we worked and others still walked a picket line

Thanks for the clarification. I don't remember what I did yesterday sometimes. :shrug:

Let's not forget Carolina, (later bought out by ABF World) worked during the strike claiming finaiacal hardship and would shut down, but Churchill Motors in the Midwest was allowed to fold becuase the union wouldn't allow them to return.

Teamster companies on white paper hurt the strike also. Companies like CBL, Vallerie, nad Plymouth Rock worked. Irony is these three companies all became part of RedStar.

My true feeelings on all of this is with some many comapies seperating or signing "mee too" agreement it undermines our power of unity.
The companies are dividing and conquering us by pitting us against other union companies with the mightiest weapon they have....our wages.

Me too(s) are for the weak.

If you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen, grow up, pull your pants back up and fight.
I did it for close to twenty years in freight and will continue to help my brothers and sisters in the furure even though I'm employeed in small package. I would except, in return, the same from those in freight.

Many will say a strike is not the answer, I agree, but it's our only weapon. I'd rather go to battle with a bazooka then a .22 caliber slingshot.

It so easy to show these companies we mean business when we are told or a "me too" that they can take there "me too' and stick it, that we are ready to fight. Call their bluff and make the bet high before they catch another free card. This is the Poker Game of Life people, shuffle up and deal!!!!!

This meassage was approved by me, T251

Teamster 251 remember last contract redstar also had a metoo agreement because theese scumbag nonunion companys were doing this samething telling customers we were striking . how else can you compete with these lowlife tactics other than hoping we can get a contract done early. what do tou think would happen if holland has a metoo and yellow strikes when we share barns in certian citys.talk about dividing i just hope this isnt part of there master plan.

most companys pullng out of tmi are regional companys that have differant business workings than do the big long haul carriers;roadway, yellow abf.in 94 big thing was roadway,yel.,etc. was amount put on the rail. npme has no dealings with the rail as do most regionals. another thing is work rules and contract language at break-bulks. most regionals have no break-bulks. think there was part-time issue back than but that doesnt apply now cause most companys have hard time finding full time workers that are worth a $%&#.npme walked the line back in 94, but carolina and NW were so busy alot of our guys were working there to make ends meet. i dont kow how many terminals are share by holland an yellow or any other reginals and say roadway, that would be a bad deal , if strike ever came down, it would hurt yrc, big time even when things did get settled. dont think mr. Z would let that happen in this day and age , to much global economey , it would wreck his whole busines plan for yrc worldwide. they still dont have all these cintergies worked out like they thought they would, to save millions.a strike with yellow walking and holland working and sharein same terminal,or npme and roadway, would be hard to recover from, profit wise ,let alone any other problems it would cause.

npme walked the line back in 94, but carolina and NW were so busy alot of our guys were working there to make ends meet.

This is the biggest problem during a strike when employee from other companies don't stick together or are allowed to work and not walk the line.

You do not help the situation by going to work at another company. The purpose of a strike is to shut the industry down. So what if Carolina and NW or any other white paper frieght carrier was so bsuy they needed more help. They should have drowned in freight and not been able to move it. Public outcry would have been to our advantage to get us back to work. That's why the streike lasted 24 days it took that long to clog things up and slow it down enough for it to really matter.
I'd flip burgers first before moving a piece of freight if my brohters were striking.
If you need to make ends meet it shows your lack of planning for such an event. I've always saved one year prior to the deadline for at least a month to six weeks wages.

If you don't strike you got a nice little vaction fund and some rainy day money

I can tell you what will happen with those sharing buildings,

The srtiking company will set a picket line at the gate and the other working union company will honor the strike line, plain and simple

Don't think fro one minute Yellow and Roadway will strike and New Penn and Holland will continue to operate out of the same properties.

Ever here the term "sympathic action"